talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Administrator
16 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I don't mind watching a blockbuster in the cinema but I don't see the fun in going there to watch something that would have the same effect if watched at home. 

Popcorn is class though, as is the stupid sized Pepsi you can buy.

I find the prices of food and drink at cinemas to be obscene. Not that it has stopped me buying it on occasion but they charge so much these days. 

32 minutes ago, Batard said:

The only thing I miss about my time married to an American is the dine in cinemas. 

Are they the ones where you eat a proper meal while watching the film??? 

Image result for dine in cinema

And when I say proper meal let's not forget this is America we are talking about... 

Edited by Bluewolf

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Are they the ones where you eat a proper meal while watching the film??? 

Image result for dine in cinema

And when I say proper meal let's not forget this is America we are talking about... 

Spot on. Watched Deadpool in a dine in cinema, they had legit Fish and Chips on the menu! 

I've been looking for a job recently relating to football, and I think I've found one that pays well. I don't expect to become a millionaire but right now I'm trying to save up to go to Iceland in February. I refuse to work at a fast food restaurant especially in a country with a terrible minimum wage.

6 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Looks like the summer is over then... 

First day of 12 off and it's pissing down... Something about listening to the rain that is very relaxing I find.. 

Just as I'm about to go down south for 5 days xD. It's a fishing holiday as well, so 5 days in a bivvy(which is like a tent, but for fishing) and I was hoping for decent weather. Not a heat wave, as that's just as bad as pissing down rain but constant 20 degrees or so would be perfect.

There are facilities there like showers, bars, restaurants, etc, etc, but it's mainly for the fishing. I'm going a week on Sunday and I'm fucking looking forward to it now.

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Just as I'm about to go down south for 5 days xD. It's a fishing holiday as well, so 5 days in a bivvy(which is like a tent, but for fishing) and I was hoping for decent weather. Not a heat wave, as that's just as bad as pissing down rain but constant 20 degrees or so would be perfect.

There are facilities there like showers, bars, restaurants, etc, etc, but it's mainly for the fishing. I'm going a week on Sunday and I'm fucking looking forward to it now.

Well the suns out now mate and it's drying up quick so we may have decent weather after all... 

13 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Well the suns out now mate and it's drying up quick so we may have decent weather after all... 

It's been shite here lately. We had months of no rain and now it's back to normal northern weather. It's been decent this afternoon though.

To be honest though I suppose the weather will be mixed. We'll be there for 5 days so we will likely see all types of weather. 5 days around a lake, I will be cracking up after it.

On 11/08/2018 at 12:38, Blue said:

I've been looking for a job recently relating to football, and I think I've found one that pays well. I don't expect to become a millionaire but right now I'm trying to save up to go to Iceland in February. I refuse to work at a fast food restaurant especially in a country with a terrible minimum wage.

Should have accepted that job in Yukon.

On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 03:01, Batard said:

The only thing I miss about my time married to an American is the dine in cinemas. 

I actually don't like those at all. Maybe it was the cinema I went to, but the waiting staff was pretty uh... noticeable... which isn't ideal when you're trying to watch a film. Maybe I get distracted too easily, but I found it distracting. I did like the fancy fucking seats they had though.

It's times like this where I have spare time on my hands I often wish that there was a small zombie outbreak in my local area to liven things up a bit.. a little excitement you know..  Nothing on a country wide scale of course, just local within say a 5 mile radius would be fine, strictly quarantined off by the military and left to fend for ourselves for a while... I think we are in a good place, no easy access from the garden or side of the house so holding out should be ok with the odd gauntlet run down to Sainsbury's to stock up on vital supplies with my De-Walt and 12 inch masonary drill bit inserted for any close quarter encounters..  

Got a fine selection of garden tools in the shed.. shame to not get any decent use out of them.. 

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Haha 2

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It's times like this where I have spare time on my hands I often wish that there was a small zombie outbreak in my local area to liven things up a bit.. a little excitement you know..  Nothing on a country wide scale of course, just local within say a 5 mile radius would be fine, strictly quarantined off by the military and left to fend for ourselves for a while... I think we are in a good place, no easy access from the garden or side of the house so holding out should be ok with the odd gauntlet run down to Sainsbury's to stock up on vital supplies with my De-Walt and 12 inch masonary drill bit inserted for any close quarter encounters..  

Got a fine selection of garden tools in the shed.. shame to not get any decent use out of them.. 

This looks like something you'd enjoy: https://zombieexperiences.co.uk/

:D 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Sounds like a crack... especially the Mall experience..

Might get me one of these now... 

Cool gear, but isn't it a bit boring to have such a long range rifle that's much better than anyone else's? :D I mean in an airsoft game, not an actual zombie outbreak xD 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Cool gear, but isn't it a bit boring to have such a long range rifle that's much better than anyone else's? :D I mean in an airsoft game, not an actual zombie outbreak xD 

Yea it seems like cheating... too much of an unfair advantage, I did some paintballing with the kids a few years back for my sons birthday and it was a right laugh.. You all have the same weapons so it's more about how good a shot you are and how well you can conceal yourself which is a level playing field.. strange though because my son had a mask he got but they wouldn't let him use it on the day.. full face one as well which was safer then the goggles they provide so couldn't see the issue with it... 

Edited by Bluewolf

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Yea it seems like cheating... too much of an unfair advantage, I did some paintballing with the kids a few years back for my sons birthday and it was a right laugh.. You all have the same weapons so it's more about how good a shot you are and how ell you can conceal yourself which is a level playing field.. strange though because my son had a mask he got but they wouldn't let him use it on the day.. full face one as well which was safer then the goggles they provide so couldn't see the issue with it... 

We did some paintballing over 10 years ago in abandoned defensive fortifications, it was fun but I was completely exhausted at the end of the day (we booked the camp for our private event) and had quite a few bruises too  xD ... Also tried laser tag, but didn't enjoy it much at all... other than the futuristic feeling, it was very underwhelming.

• Administrator

paintballing is quality even if you have shit aim or never held any kind of gun before. great satisfaction from nailing someone right in their face from a long distance and seeing them trudge off knowing they've been hit. 

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Stan said:

paintballing is quality even if you have shit aim or never held any kind of gun before. great satisfaction from nailing someone right in their face from a long distance and seeing them trudge off knowing they've been hit. 

You can shoot a fucking RPG at petrol barrels, LPG tanks and makeshift wooden huts for 500$ in the shooting range just outside Phnom Penh. In the past (and probably now in some "unofficial" ones) they even offered livestock as targets O.o A few months ago, an Australian tourist and a Cambodian man were killed and three others were injured in a shooting range explosion when something went wrong (they allegedly picked up an UXO).This country scares me sometimes xD 

2 hours ago, nudge said:

We did some paintballing over 10 years ago in abandoned defensive fortifications, it was fun but I was completely exhausted at the end of the day (we booked the camp for our private event) and had quite a few bruises too  xD ... Also tried laser tag, but didn't enjoy it much at all... other than the futuristic feeling, it was very underwhelming.

Sorry about that slight delay... 

My Laura has gone to hospital today to have her baby and we have Leelah to entertain... she wanted to play football but has now kicked both balls over next doors fence.. xD she does have a good kick on here I will give her that... I have taught her to say Ave it!! when she boots it hard so it's probably my fault.. stupid grandad.. 

On the subject of Laser tag I know what you mean, I had a mate who was really into that when they used to have a place in Kingston but never saw the appeal either.. might as well sellotape a dinner plate to your front and run around the house making star wars noises for all the pleasure I would get out of that.. On our paintball day it was broken down into 3 parts.. We had a storm the beach head and then a take the bridge before finishing with a big open capture the flags bit.. we were climbing trees and all sorts in that one.. loved it!

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Sorry about that slight delay... 

My Laura has gone to hospital today to have her baby and we have Leelah to entertain... she wanted to play football but has now kicked both balls over next doors fence.. xD she does have a good kick on here I will give her that... I have taught her to say Ave it!! when she boots it hard so it's probably my fault.. stupid grandad.. 

On the subject of Laser tag I know what you mean, I had a mate who was really into that when they used to have a place in Kingston but never saw the appeal either.. might as well sellotape a dinner plate to your front and run around the house making star wars noises for all the pleasure I would get out of that.. On our paintball day it was broken down into 3 parts.. We had a storm the beach head and then a take the bridge before finishing with a big open capture the flags bit.. we were climbing trees and all sorts in that one.. loved it!

Sounds like you two were having fun B| That paintball day sounds class too... And congrats on one more grandchild! :D 

• Upvote 1