talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

For the second time today in this thread, you're making me say this:

Holy fucking shit.

Was it his school teacher that did the abuse? How long ago was it? My uncle had a teacher that decades later was arrested for being a paedo - and it wasn't until that arrest that my uncle came forward about what happened with him and how he kept quiet about it for decades. And according to my dad, that teacher's nickname around the school was … "Paedo"... so it's not like the suspicions weren't there (or that it wasn't known); but it was decades after they were out of school that this bloke was caught. But I remember my Dad coming home from his brother's house... all the colour out of his skin (granted, he's pasty as fuck - but you know what I mean)... then sitting down with us kids and telling us what he'd been told and just being at a loss for words.

So yeah... I'm sure it does feel bad mate. Are you finding you keep thinking about what happened to them, regardless of how much you try not to think about it?

A relative, unfortunately. Of course I can't stop thinking about it, how could I not? It would surprise some people on here but beneath my abrasive exterior is a sensitive sucker that cares about people. When it was coming, I knew, I fucking knew already but I was holding my breathe hoping, and that was all I could do.

It seems I'm a magnet for damaged people, there are others...

Edited by Spike

15 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

I don't think that's necessarily true. For the last 20-25 years, the youth turnout has always been low in the UK, but Corbyn still appealed heavily (and successfully) to young people.

I think that proves my point, once in a blue moon.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

A relative, unfortunately. Of course I can't stop thinking about it, how could I not? It would surprise some people on here but beneath my abrasive exterior is a sensitive sucker that cares about people. When it was coming, I knew, I fucking knew already but I was holding my breathe hoping, and that was all I could do.

Yeah it’s shit because you’re utterly powerless to protect them because the abuse has already been done and it’s something they have to live with forever. A family member doing the abuse is fucking horrific.

Nothing you can do but continue being a good friend to them. Nothing inherently wrong with “damaged” people though - some of the best people I know have had some very fucked up things happen to them.

14 hours ago, Spike said:

All you Australians are like that... only @Devil-Dick Willie is the real tough guy and he isn't Australian technicaly.

3 hours ago, Devon Von Devon said:

On being sensitive for some reasons my friends share some of their deepest secrets with me even when i dont ask or when i'm not really that close with them.

Maybe i have that kind of face.

Have you ever had to stop someone from saying something to you because you didn't want to know?

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Have you ever had to stop someone from saying something to you because you didn't want to know?

Yea... Sometimes I start by asking a question of someone before realizing I may not like the answer so immediately follow up with "on second thoughts I don't want to know" before they can open their mouths to speak... 

My head is all over the place. My grandparents estate was finally settled. Brought back memories, sadness, and gratefulness. I don’t want to use the money. Strange feeling. Uh. This is in no way some sort of “oh look at me” post, I’m just getting some shit out and would rather type it here then tell others who are closer to me, as I don’t particularly want them to know. Uh. 

Just now, Toinho said:

My head is all over the place. My grandparents estate was finally settled. Brought back memories, sadness, and gratefulness. I don’t want to use the money. Strange feeling. Uh. This is in no way some sort of “oh look at me” post, I’m just getting some shit out and would rather type it here then tell others who are closer to me, as I don’t particularly want them to know. Uh. 

No worries, and hang in there mate. 

Truth me told I've used this very thread for similar posts. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Spike said:

Because he looked exactly like him, you goof 

At first I thought you'd seen one of his family members of which there are a few like his crazy grandson nightclub owner Pocholo Martínez-Bordiú who when not going mental in Ibiza is in the US.

pocholo03.jpg

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

At first I thought you'd seen one of his family members of which there are a few like his crazy grandson nightclub owner Pocholo Martínez-Bordiú who when not going mental in Ibiza is in the US.

pocholo03.jpg

Ha, he was a portly gentleman of 50+ that could pass as Franco's body double.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Toinho said:

You don't have to use the money. Stick it in a savings account or something. Let it accrue and then you can either pass it on in future as well or use it when you're finally comfortable to do so. There's no shame in how you're feeling right now mate. 

Also though, would your grandparents want you to use the money as you wish?! 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

You don't have to use the money. Stick it in a savings account or something. Let it accrue and then you can either pass it on in future as well or use it when you're finally comfortable to do so. There's no shame in how you're feeling right now mate. 

Also though, would your grandparents want you to use the money as you wish?! 

Good points mate. Cheers. 

Yeah, I feel they’d want me to use it sensibly. Probably will use it as a deposit for a house in the not too distant future. 

I'll be taking lots of pictures on my travels. For those interested, my Instagram is @BrianBertie. Yes, I created a new one.

I'll give you lot a follow back if you're keen on seeing bear photos in the next few days :D 

Bunch of us friends went to the zoo yesterday, in the wolf sections there were quite some hot girls standing next to us. My friend said to me

' Check out those girls..... etc '

There was a woman standing next to us with her kids and she heard all of it.

She looked at us and said

' Come on kids lets go we've seen all the wolfs today xD '