talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

Just now, Cicero said:

Cheers. I'll try that next time. Hot shower seems to work for me Too. 

Literally had 20 minutes of agony last night because my back wouldnt stop being itchy. Felt like fire ants all over my back. Last time I forget to put on sun lotion. 

Oh yeah - Load up on aloe and it'll save you. You just need to have it rubbed on your lower back, and let it soak in...you'll feel loads better in about 10-15 minutes and should be able to get more comfortable. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
3 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I've fucked my ankle now, fuck sake. I don't know what it is with me and injuries this year. I should sign for Arsenal. 

Do you want me to change your username to Darren Anderton? 

• Haha 1

Christ, apparently one of my college teachers that taught me 2 years ago was arrested for sexual harrassment.

I always thought he was a terrible teacher, and there were jokes about him doing that but I thought they were just jokes.

17 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Innocent till proven guilty :coffee: for all you know, it could be false accusations (the #metoo movement is seriously getting out of control

This annoys me.  If you don't report it right away, you're not making anything better, and it's extremely ironic when they ManHate afterwards. The longer you take to report it, the harder it is to prove that he did anything. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Innocent till proven guilty :coffee: for all you know, it could be false accusations (the #metoo movement is seriously getting out of control) 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

This annoys me.  If you don't report it right away, you're not making anything better, and it's extremely ironic when they ManHate afterwards. The longer you take to report it, the harder it is to prove that he did anything. 

This is an interesting topic my wife and I have discussed often. When multiple women come out in attack of a highly public figure who used his status to molest females (i.e. Harvey Weinstien), then I am completely behind it. 

But some of these seem weak, or not harassment at all, but instead this ideal that has been growing be 'being the victim'. So often now people want to go the 'pity me' route instead of facing issues head on, and in doing so, often tend to very over-exaggerate any action/word and bring others down with them. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Eco said:

This is an interesting topic my wife and I have discussed often. When multiple women come out in attack of a highly public figure who used his status to molest females (i.e. Harvey Weinstien), then I am completely behind it. 

But some of these seem weak, or not harassment at all, but instead this ideal that has been growing be 'being the victim'. So often now people want to go the 'pity me' route instead of facing issues head on, and in doing so, often tend to very over-exaggerate any action/word and bring others down with them. 

When these women go on social media or in protest and say things such as 'we need to get rid of rape culture' or anything along those lines, it's tedious when you find out that these same women are also the women who waited months or even years to come forward to even say something. 

How do we get rid of rape culture if you don't come forward when it happens?  These social media rants or protests aren't going to fix the issue and they instead just look stupid. 

Edited by Cicero
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Eco said:

In this case, a lot of girls who were his students stepped up and are against him, which to me says he's guilty. He was spotted going out of a hotel with one of his students. Kind of like what happened with that Crewe Alexandra coach a few years ago. I was his student and I hated him but I didn't think he was a vile human that I do now.

7 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

What about guys getting sexually harrased? One my fav rappers, Kevin gates kicked a hoe on stage after she kept grabbing his pecker.. he warned her several times (his kids were present)

Of course all the attention was focused on the kick and not that hoe acting like a whore.

Should of just gave her a left hook then 

#spreadequality 

Edited by Cicero
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Cicero said:

When these women go on social media or in protest and say things such as 'we need to get rid of rape culture' or anything along those lines, it's tedious when you find out that these same women are also the women who waited months or even years to come forward to even say something. 

How do we get rid of rape culture if you don't come forward when it happens?  These social media rants or protests aren't going to fix the issue and they instead just look stupid. 

Surely the whole point is to normalise coming forward? To remove the fear and shame abuse victims feel that makes them try to bury it. 

If people are coming forward because of the protests and social movement then is that not evidence that it is in fact starting to normalise things?

For every bloke that didn't commit sexual crimes and was sentenced, another did commit the crimes and got off free. I imagine most women that molest males get off, most men are much more ashamed about it then women; so they don't even report it.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

how's everyone coped with the first day of no football after having it constantly for 2 weeks then?

still alive? all good?

It's made work drag on today. I'm not used to working a full day when I've got football to take up the first half of my day at work. Don't know why I'm complaining though, because I've done fuck all since getting back from LA and I'm leaving early as fuck today. I am truly an exemplar in professionalism.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's made work drag on today. I'm not used to working a full day when I've got football to take up the first half of my day at work. Don't know why I'm complaining though, because I've done fuck all since getting back from LA and I'm leaving early as fuck today. I am truly an exemplar in professionalism.

it made me do some work to be fair xD 

we had reports of firearms in one of our properties and a cannabis factory was found in another. Eventful.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

it made me do some work to be fair xD 

we had reports of firearms in one of our properties and a cannabis factory was found in another. Eventful.

I hope you found the cannabis factory and smoked all of their bud.

On 6/29/2018 at 00:28, Blue said:

Christ, apparently one of my college teachers that taught me 2 years ago was arrested for sexual harrassment.

I always thought he was a terrible teacher, and there were jokes about him doing that but I thought they were just jokes.

And you did the right thing stepping up and telling the truth. Don't fear we are all with you and will get you justice. :91_thumbsup:

On 6/30/2018 at 01:35, Spike said:

For every bloke that didn't commit sexual crimes and was sentenced, another did commit the crimes and got off free. I imagine most women that molest males get off, most men are much more ashamed about it then women; so they don't even report it.

Its the same in Sports. If you refuse to play against a woman than your'e a bad person and when you lose to them than you aren't manly enough :ph34r: 

On 30/06/2018 at 08:35, Spike said:

Come off it mate xD

7 hours ago, Danny said:

Come off it mate xD

What!? It is a flimsy system when it comes to this sort of stuff. Even in the USA  a significant amount of people on death row are found innoecent after death...

13 minutes ago, Spike said:

What!? It is a flimsy system when it comes to this sort of stuff. Even in the USA  a significant amount of people on death row are found innoecent after death...

Michael Peterson case comes straight to mind. Didn't that blood splatter analysis bloke fake his findings? Sheer bias in favor of the prosecution. Peterson spent 8 years in prison and thank goodness there wasn't a death penalty.