talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

14 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Here Brian, let me present you a great promising young player who i believe would be an excellent addition to your prospects list.

I think he will gladly give you an autograph too.

Hide contents

dato_400x400.jpg

Don't be a dick.

Edited by Toinho

I love animals, for years I gave money every month to the WWF and am all for the strictest abattoir audits.  But this new fad Vegan movement with these youngsters really does get on my tits.  What a load of rubbish!  Pardon my language, but is this the new "I'm gay" or "I'm a lesbian"? 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I love animals, for years I gave money every month to the WWF and am all for the strictest abattoir audits.  But this new fad Vegan movement with these youngsters really does get on my tits.  What a load of rubbish!  Pardon my language, but is this the new "I'm gay" or "I'm a lesbian"? 

might as well be. Far too many people deciding that they're 'saving the world' by being vegan and they have to mention it in far too many topics which have little relevance to food.

Seeing so much shit on social media about being vegan or making the transition to it. Proper ramming it down your throat (ironically what meat-eaters love to do with their food :D) and they almost seem to judge you if you don't change your ways?

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

No mate, I'm pretty sure being vegan isn't the same thing as being gay xD

• Haha 1

While trying to enjoy a nice relaxing day off I have been jumped on to do a shelving job in my daughters bedroom cupboard... Being the DIY expert she obviously is has informed me that it would only take 10 minutes to put up 3 shelves.. 

"I0 minutes" I said, "is that all.. well I will get right on it... " 

I have asked to see her qualifications in this field though before I start getting all my tools out... She will need to demonstrate that she can hold a pencil behind her ear while on the job.. a prerequisite for any DIY adventure.... In the meantime I will get the kettle on for a brew.. the other vital component for such a task.. 

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

While trying to enjoy a nice relaxing day off I have been jumped on to do a shelving job in my daughters bedroom cupboard... Being the DIY expert she obviously is has informed me that it would only take 10 minutes to put up 3 shelves.. 

"I0 minutes" I said, "is that all.. well I will get right on it... " 

I have asked to see her qualifications in this field though before I start getting all my tools out... She will need to demonstrate that she can hold a pencil behind her ear while on the job.. a prerequisite for any DIY adventure.... In the meantime I will get the kettle on for a brew.. the other vital component for such a task.. 

don't forget the trousers halfway down the ass too...

I've decided to try and get into golf. I play a max of about three times a year, only when the sun is out, and I'm gash.

But I have too many friends and workmates playing that I need to try and give it a go to get better.

Anyone actually decent on here? Or do we all just swing the thing and try our best to twat the ball in a straight line?

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I've decided to try and get into golf. I play a max of about three times a year, only when the sun is out, and I'm gash.

But I have too many friends and workmates playing that I need to try and give it a go to get better.

Anyone actually decent on here? Or do we all just swing the thing and try our best to twat the ball in a straight line?

I've played more so over the last few years. have you ever been to Topgolf? I do most of my playing there and have got better at my swing simply just spending more time (and money) there. I used to constantly fade left when I hit the ball but that's improved and I can hit with a lot of power too. 

must have been a couple years since I played on a course though. My dad has just taken up it again as well as he's retired and summer approaching so wants to get back in the swing of things (wahey). I'll probably do a few rounds with him when I get the chance. 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

I've played more so over the last few years. have you ever been to Topgolf? I do most of my playing there and have got better at my swing simply just spending more time (and money) there. I used to constantly fade left when I hit the ball but that's improved and I can hit with a lot of power too. 

must have been a couple years since I played on a course though. My dad has just taken up it again as well as he's retired and summer approaching so wants to get back in the swing of things (wahey). I'll probably do a few rounds with him when I get the chance. 

No, never been to Topgolf, I've heard of it though. I probably should just go up the driving range maybe once a week just to keep practising when there's nothing to worry about bar hitting the ball.

Gotta say though, it's quality when the sun is blazing out in the summer and you go round. Even if you are shit. It's kinda enjoyable if you hit one good shot to take home.

3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Not played in 10+ years but used to play with my Dad and Grandad quite a lot when I was younger. 

I was half decent, absolutely gash at putting but could hit it straight so could get my drives/approaches where I wanted them. 

Should really get back into it along with FootGolf which I'm yet to play.

FootGolf I played a couple years ago. It's ok, I don't really see much hype for it though.

It sounds like you need to get some mini golf on the go to work on your putting sunshine.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Gotta say though, it's quality when the sun is blazing out in the summer and you go round. Even if you are shit. It's kinda enjoyable if you hit one good shot to take home.

couldn't agree more. Was like that last time I was on the course. Was knackered by the end of it. I like to take my time on the course with my mates so it does help if you don't have bellends behind you acting like they're Tiger Woods and getting all pissy cos you're not as good as them.