talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

1 hour ago, Toinho said:

Hillingdon boy ain't ya

Born in me ol mucka, never lived there (though it's definitely not posh).

With that said I was taking the piss as I imagine the people's republic of Croydon has spread its wings into their lovely land

5 hours ago, Danny said:

Born in me ol mucka, never lived there (though it's definitely not posh).

With that said I was taking the piss as I imagine the people's republic of Croydon has spread its wings into their lovely land

Croydon population seems to be moving everywhere other than West at the moment as it's too expensive. People our age that are in a position to get a mortgage tend to go Crawley way, people that work in the City are either going Bromley or moving in to the City, whilst those relying on the council seem to end up in Stretham / Thornton Heath. Croydon in general is an area populated with people that didn't grow up in Croydon.

You take the piss but Croydon as an area is on the up. House prices are increasing in Croydon more steady than most other areas due to all the rebuilds that have caused an influx of property investment. Westfield is going to be a game changer too.

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter.

My family has owned property on the Gold Coast and Manley; aka two markets that would sell in the millions. Instead they put eggs in property out west where depending on the weather, changes from semi-desert to desert. Fuck my ear. Now they own none of it, some dickhead bought the family lands and they live in houses that can't be sold because they live in a dying town. 

@Toinho @Harry @Devil-Dick Willie

5 hours ago, Spike said:

My family has owned property on the Gold Coast and Manley; aka two markets that would sell in the millions. Instead they put eggs in property out west where depending on the weather, changes from semi-desert to desert. Fuck my ear. Now they own none of it, some dickhead bought the family lands and they live in houses that can't be sold because they live in a dying town. 

@Toinho @Harry @Devil-Dick Willie

Perth? 😉

Seriously mate whereabouts you talking? 

Its still possible to get returns in smaller markets. A friend of mine has a dozen properties in small towns that have a somewhat diverse source of employment (Not just one single company) and they are all positively geared.  the ratio of house prices to rental returns are way more favorable in rural areas. He's having his mortgages paid for him and making a profit. At the end he can sell them or keep them and the stream of income will become vey attractive once those mortgages are down to zero. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Seriously mate whereabouts you talking? 

Its still possible to get returns in smaller markets. A friend of mine has a dozen properties in small towns that have a somewhat diverse source of employment (Not just one single company) and they are all positively geared.  the ratio of house prices to rental returns are way more favorable in rural areas. He's having his mortgages paid for him and making a profit. At the end he can sell them or keep them and the stream of income will become vey attractive once those mortgages are down to zero. 

Town's population has dropped nearly 25% in the last few years. With the new Labour laws concerning the mulga tree has put a noose around the neck of the farming industry. 

South-West Queensland is dying, it is so sad. Meth, drought, and laws. 

39 minutes ago, Spike said:

Town's population has dropped nearly 25% in the last few years. With the new Labour laws concerning the mulga tree has put a noose around the neck of the farming industry. 

South-West Queensland is dying, it is so sad. Meth, drought, and laws. 

Did your family sell the property in the now expensive areas?

Affording a house in this country is getting insane unless you do want to live in the regional or remote areas - well, the ones who are dying or stagnating. The town where I work, whilst only a couple of hours from Perth, is slowly decreasing every year. No supermarket in town right now. Houses going very cheap but you'd take many many years to sell...

19 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Did your family sell the property in the now expensive areas?

Affording a house in this country is getting insane unless you do want to live in the regional or remote areas - well, the ones who are dying or stagnating. The town where I work, whilst only a couple of hours from Perth, is slowly decreasing every year. No supermarket in town right now. Houses going very cheap but you'd take many many years to sell...

Yeah, years ago. This country is strangeling the bush to death. It makes me sad hearing that it is happening to WA as well. This country was built on agriculture but the Greens would rather protect a tree that grows like a weed than the farmers that have loved and taken care of the land for nealy 200 years. Big pat on the back DiNatale mate, you're killing people lives.

16 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yeah, years ago. This country is strangeling the bush to death. It makes me sad hearing that it is happening to WA as well. This country was built on agriculture but the Greens would rather protect a tree that grows like a weed than the farmers that have loved and taken care of the land for nealy 200 years. Big pat on the back DiNatale mate, you're killing people lives.

Slightly away from the greens but still on politics, a regional campus, Moora College, is being closed by the state government. There has been some serious backlash to this. If it does go ahead - that's potentially another town on the brink of the end.

Edited by Toinho

• Administrator
1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

In 2006, my first ever go, I won a Thomas Cook holiday which I have to my mother. Genuinely thought winning was normal.

Twelve years later. Never again.

i've never won anything on it. My mate rarely eats McDonald's and last year we went and he won an iPod on his first go ffs.

Today when at work(I'm back at it now, got back on a new job last week after the injury) and I heard a massive gun shot/bomb-like sound. It turns out the Telehandler driver's tire blew and It's lucky nobody was stood next to it, as it would have blown their head off.

• Administrator

was at work today and set off a bomb to scare the guy who came back to work after a long lay-off. 

Luckily at the same time a tire blew and I got away with it. As no-one was standing next to either incident, no-one was injured. Lucky for them!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stan said:

was at work today and set off a bomb to scare the guy who came back to work after a long lay-off. 

Luckily at the same time a tire blew and I got away with it. As no-one was standing next to either incident, no-one was injured. Lucky for them!

You work in sales actually don't you? so it's possible.

It would be quite easy for you to pop onto site with your fancy suit on and plant something. Nobody would see it coming.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

You work in sales actually don't you? so it's possible.

It would be quite easy for you to pop onto site with your fancy suit on and suitcase and plant something. Nobody would see it coming.

nope :P