talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

Why do people care so much about royalty getting married? Like they give a fuck about the million people who were stood outside waving them off. They are just 2 random people getting married.

23 hours ago, nudge said:

skynews-derby-alexandra-hotel_4313368.jp

Luckily Henry XIII isn't around today or we would have a trilogy of them...

Edited by The Rebel CRS

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Why do people care so much about royalty getting married? Like they give a fuck about the million people who were stood outside waving them off. They are just 2 random people getting married.

Luckily Henry XIII isn't around today or we would have a trilogy of them...

It really is a mystery to me. I remember when I was living in the Netherlands, their Queen was visiting my town at some point, and it seems like everyone went completely nuts - both Dutch and foreigners alike flocked to the streets and squares, dressed in orange and waving small flags, all just to see her get out of the car, wave to the public and disappear again xD I tried to reason to a friend of mine who wanted to go and drag me with her, saying it's just a person like everyone else, who just happened to be born into an institution that follows some pompously ridiculous ceremonial nonsense from centuries ago that has absolutely no relevancy or legitimacy nowadays. All to no avail, as my friend simply rejected my argument saying that she's not like any other person, she's THE QUEEN, doh! Fuck sake, I guess many still are peasants deep inside and actually believe that the monarchy has the divine right and is well above the people. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nudge said:

It really is a mystery to me. I remember when I was living in the Netherlands, their Queen was visiting my town at some point, and it seems like everyone went completely nuts - both Dutch and foreigners alike flocked to the streets and squares, dressed in orange and waving small flags, all just to see her get out of the car, wave to the public and disappear again xD I tried to reason to a friend of mine who wanted to go and drag me with her, saying it's just a person like everyone else, who just happened to be born into an institution that follows some pompously ridiculous ceremonial nonsense from centuries ago that has absolutely no relevancy or legitimacy nowadays. All to no avail, as my friend simply rejected my argument saying that she's not like any other person, she's THE QUEEN, doh! Fuck sake, I guess many still are peasants deep inside and actually believe that the monarchy has the divine right and is well above the people. 

Peasants.... xD

2 questions, Why are you mixing with peasants and did you go along in the end to keep her happy??? :farmer:

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Supposed to be about 100,000 odd turn out just for a wave... It's a day out for people I suppose, I managed to clear the entire back garden shed out while all that was going on yesterday.. I also find it interesting that we can have a billion flags up everywhere for a month and no one gives a toss but if I stick one up on a flagpole in my back garden for a week I am bound to have someone knocking the door telling me it's upsetting one of my neighbours......  

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Peasants.... xD

2 questions, Why are you mixing with peasants and did you go along in the end to keep her happy??? :farmer:

Supposed to be about 100,000 odd turn out just for a wave... It's a day out for people I suppose, I managed to clear the entire back garden shed out while all that was going on yesterday.. I also find it interesting that we can have a billion flags up everywhere for a month and no one gives a toss but if I stick one up on a flagpole in my back garden for a week I am bound to have someone knocking the door telling me it's upsetting one of my neighbours......  

yeah but when you put the KKK flag up, it's not very nice.

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Peasants.... xD

2 questions, Why are you mixing with peasants and did you go along in the end to keep her happy??? :farmer:.  

You know what I meant by that xD:P And no, I didn't go haha. I hate crowds and don't particularly enjoy taking part in mass psychosis. Now, if she offered to go to a pub afterwards, that could have been a different story altogether... :35_thinking: But don't worry, there was a group of people going anyway, I didn't leave her on her own xD 

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Was that Maxima or the old one?

A huge whoopdedoo is being made about her being mixed race. I didn't know she was by looking at her!  As if it matters in this day and age. I bet half is not most of the people on here have been in a mixed race relationship

I have, and am. 

6 hours ago, Spike said:

A huge whoopdedoo is being made about her being mixed race. I didn't know she was by looking at her!  As if it matters in this day and age. I bet half is not most of the people on here have been in a mixed race relationship

I have, and am. 

There are a lot of racist people in this world.

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

Welcome back @Eco :D 

Hope you're well! And baby and missus!

Thanks mate - 

Lady is well, baby is fat, and just getting over being sick for a few weeks. 

Regardless, I'm a blessed man with a very beautiful looking baby. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Eco said:

Thanks mate - 

Lady is well, baby is fat, and just getting over being sick for a few weeks. 

Regardless, I'm a blessed man with a very beautiful looking baby. 

xD 

• Subscriber
Just now, Eco said:

Inga...she's massive. 6 months old wearing 12 months old clothing..xD

You created a monster! xD

Nah, as long as she's healthy, some babies just grow at a different rate, hehe.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

You created a monster! xD

Nah, as long as she's healthy, some babies just grow at a different rate, hehe.

Haha she is as healthy as an ox. And built like one too. 

• Haha 1

Reading about Ireland's abortion referendum. I love how people on both sides of the abortion argument think they are morally right. 'My body, my rights' (but it's not your body, it's someone else's body) or 'It's a human' (how do we arbitrarily decide when a human is a human). Both sides have it all wrong, if they even bothered to read an sort of literature on the subject they'd quickly know that when it comes to medical science there are papers, journals, and what have you that are support nearly all claims for and against.

Personal bias aside, I think abortion is fucking weird and disturbing outside of the extremes. Yeah, I don't mind when Sally gets an abortion because she got raped and will probably kill herself and the baby through post-natal depression. However it makes my skin crawl reading about Jen who treats abortion as late term birth-control, walking out of her sixth abortion. Then there are those weirdos that think it's just the greatest thing ever (wtf is wrong with them).

Abortion shouldn't exactly be stigmatised but it shouldn't' be normalised either.

On 5/24/2018 at 10:54, Cannabis said:

If used in the correct way, there is nothing wrong with abortion.

I don't think there is a moral absolute to this. Of course you can't discount the emotional trauma, the physical trauma, the late nights thinking if it was the 'right thing to do', the second guessing, damaged relationships, and so on and so forth. 

Edited by Spike

Hopefully it's repealed, I feel like most of Ireland is behind it regardless of the releigiois nut jobs. The way abortion has been treated as an argument for "pro-life" is ridiculous, as if it's going to be used as a form of contraception. Leave people to make their own choices about their own bodies.