talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

@Devil-Dick Willie A fellow countryman just survived a great white shark attack on your land by fighting with the beast and punching it, i reckon you should add him to your ashes to eat list mate.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5622033/West-Australian-Surfer-survived-shark-attack-punched-animal-escaping-shore.html

Edited by Berserker
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Berserker said:

@Devil-Dick Willie A fellow countrymen just survived a great white shark attack on your land by fighting with the beast and punching it, i reckon you should add him to your ashes to eat list mate.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5622033/West-Australian-Surfer-survived-shark-attack-punched-animal-escaping-shore.html

what if it was actually Danny though...

21 hours ago, Any O'Brien said:

I take it you were down the quayside? 

Hope the interview went well.

Yeah I realised that the city flattens out a bit once I got nearer the centre but 90% of my time was down around the quayside. 

It went alright I feel, cheers for asking. I also got to hear what a posh Newcastle accent sounds like for the first time.

On 17/04/2018 at 09:18, Berserker said:

@Devil-Dick Willie A fellow countrymen just survived a great white shark attack on your land by fighting with the beast and punching it, i reckon you should add him to your ashes to eat list mate.

Western Australia. We are bred tough. 

All these health experts are getting on my tits... 

Don't eat this, don't eat that... This is good for you but has X side effects, This is bad for you but has other health benefits etc... I am getting on a bit now and have to start looking after myself better so stop your gas bagging and just tell me which Chocolate is better for me, milk or fucking dark chocolate!!! 

• Subscriber
55 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

All these health experts are getting on my tits... 

Don't eat this, don't eat that... This is good for you but has X side effects, This is bad for you but has other health benefits etc... I am getting on a bit now and have to start looking after myself better so stop your gas bagging and just tell me which Chocolate is better for me, milk or fucking dark chocolate!!! 

Dark chocolate :P

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Dark chocolate :P

Lucky for me then that Dark chocolate is my preferred choice.. especially them Dark chocolate digestives.. They became my biscuit of choice after finding out that no one else in the house likes them that much so they get left untouched if I have not finished them off.... sometimes I have to employ a few advanced tactics around the house to get round uncontrolled theft of my snacks... 

The post I made actually came from a conversation with my daughter this morning that someone else had put on one of her facebook pages... I just started laughing when she asked me the question... anyone that thinks the mass consumption of any kind of chocolate is a healthy eating option is beyond me. That individual was probably one of those people that thought the planet was only 2018 years old... 

Still, I have duly noted your expert opinion on chocolate consumption for a later date... B|

God I must be getting old... 

I did my usual garden slab cleaning yesterday in prep for the summer and as I have taken an extra day off this week to accommodate the planned fine weather ( and fine it is I might add ) I thought I would crack on nice and early... Well the power washer was not working so had to scrub the bloody things by hand and this morning it feels like I have just undergone the iron man challenge.. My thighs are bloody killing me.. 

I should have seen the signs coming, when I took the rubbish sacks out for the binmen the other morning I found myself making that silly grunting noise you make when having to put some effort into something as I was lifting them up to put them in... The bags weighed a ton, no wonder they leave them for me to do... 

• Haha 1

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Proper roasting today... got the grass cut, do love that smell of freshly cut grass, summer is on its way people!! 

That and the smell of petrol are the ones 

1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

@The Palace Fan

Where you from out of interest mate?

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Initially Kingston/Chessington, now living 'Colliers Wood' because I refuse to tell people it's Mitcham xD

FAO @Cannabis take the piss out of Kingstonian again at your peril.

Where about's in the Chessington area mate???

6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Where about's in the Chessington area mate???

Predominantly The 'New' Estate but most of my friends lived round Moor Lane or Hunters Road. 

I probably have mutual friends  (Or my family will) with any people you know that live in Chessington because of the community it is,  every time I go home I'll go to The North Star or William Bourne and I'll know 5+ people that aren't with me.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Predominantly The 'New' Estate but most of my friends lived round Moor Lane or Hunters Road. 

I probably have mutual friends  (Or my family will) with any people you know that live in Chessington because of the community it is,  every time I go home I'll go to The North Star or William Bourne and I'll know 5+ people that aren't with me.

Nice... I lived in that area growing up and worked around there for a good number of years on the Estate at various different places.. Know at least 3 or 4 people that live down Moor Lane and a fair few in and around the area... Have been known to frequent the North Star on occasion but it's getting to the point now where decent pubs are getting harder and harder to come by... Used to get in the Southborough Arms before it got turned into the Cap in Hand up at Hook and the Port of call before it got turned into the Maverick and the travellers and drugs took over and they closed it down... It's a One Stop now.. xD The old White Hart ( Old peoples home now ) and the Lucky Rover ( still there ) was where my young drinking days began... B| My old man used to take me because I looked a lot older than I was and it used to be heaving in there as it's only a small place.. Used to be as rough as fuck for a naive youngster trying to follow in his dads footsteps.. Great times!! 

Whenever I told people I used to live in Chessington they always without fail used to make some comment about coming from the zoo... that never grew tiring.. not even one little bit.... 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Nice... I lived in that area growing up and worked around there for a good number of years on the Estate at various different places.. Know at least 3 or 4 people that live down Moor Lane and a fair few in and around the area... Have been known to frequent the North Star on occasion but it's getting to the point now where decent pubs are getting harder and harder to come by... Used to get in the Southborough Arms before it got turned into the Cap in Hand up at Hook and the Port of call before it got turned into the Maverick and the travellers and drugs took over and they closed it down... It's a One Stop now.. xD The old White Hart ( Old peoples home now ) and the Lucky Rover ( still there ) was where my young drinking days began... B| My old man used to take me because I looked a lot older than I was and it used to be heaving in there as it's only a small place.. Used to be as rough as fuck for a naive youngster trying to follow in his dads footsteps.. Great times!! 

Whenever I told people I used to live in Chessington they always without fail used to make some comment about coming from the zoo... that never grew tiring.. not even one little bit.... 

The following that used to drink in the White Hart went to The Maverick. They were like The Grim Reaper of Pubs xD They predominantly drink in what was the Blackmoore's and that seems to have a name change every other year. The Cap In Hand has now gone too, but for some reason they always struggled for business unless it was Christmas Eve. Even though it was a Weatherspoons in a goodish location.

From what i've heard The Lucky Rover struggles as the landlord is regularly outside having a go at people drinking at the bus stop.

The North Star is my preference when I go home, that or i'd go Surbiton.