talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

22 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I wish my missus didn't like Milkybar so much the bloody bint.

Been looking around today for a fucking Milkybar easter egg to no avail so far. I feel like Arnold Schwarzenegger hunting Turbo man in Jingle all the Way, only I will not let this cunting little egg allude me.

jingle-all-the-way.jpg

I bought one a month ago. It's nestled safely under our tree.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Been looking around today for a fucking Milkybar easter egg to no avail so far. I feel like Arnold Schwarzenegger hunting Turbo man in Jingle all the Way, only I will not let this cunting little egg allude me.

jingle-all-the-way.jpg

I had two of them about a week ago.... MilkyBar Milk & Cookies Egg... shame I could have sent you one, sounds like you have been the typical last minute male and looks like your about to drop the ball... 

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

I had two of them about a week ago.... MilkyBar Milk & Cookies Egg... shame I could have sent you one, sounds like you have been the typical last minute male and looks like your about to drop the ball... 

I totally have left it late. To be frank, I'm usually pro active but as it's just a chocolate egg I thought I'd get one nearer the time. Little did I know the British public love Milkybar.

And as it currently stands, they are definitely not on me...

milky-bar-kid-996009036.jpg

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Lucas said:

jingle-all-the-way.jpg

Milkybar Egg update.

The egg has been snared. Fuck you Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's, Morrison's, Waitrose and Lidl.

The Range. You'll do for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm bloody torn right now

As you all know I'm a journalist (or at least an aspiring one) and I've done quite well up to now, but I was speaking to one of my older mates who was a scout at Bayer Leverkusen, and scouting is a bloody passion of mine. I do some scouting work every day.

I know null all about contract and negotiations. I'm thinking of letting go of college to go into the Johan Cruyff institute which we have here in Peru, and its all about sports negotiations which can really help me out but I don't know if it technically counts as "studies". Being a current "student" really helps when trying to sign up for certain things.

6 hours ago, Blue said:

I'm bloody torn right now

As you all know I'm a journalist (or at least an aspiring one) and I've done quite well up to now, but I was speaking to one of my older mates who was a scout at Bayer Leverkusen, and scouting is a bloody passion of mine. I do some scouting work every day.

I know null all about contract and negotiations. I'm thinking of letting go of college to go into the Johan Cruyff institute which we have here in Peru, and its all about sports negotiations which can really help me out but I don't know if it technically counts as "studies". Being a current "student" really helps when trying to sign up for certain things.

If that's what your passionate about Brian, go for it.

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

If that's what your passionate about Brian, go for it.

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Life is too short, follow your dreams Brian.

Thanks guys, I found out the requisites for doing so.

I actually got an email from an agency that discovered Mohamed Salah. That's all I will say on that matter, but if they want me to help them then there are exciting times ahead.

9 hours ago, Blue said:

Thanks guys, I found out the requisites for doing so.

I actually got an email from an agency that discovered Mohamed Salah. That's all I will say on that matter, but if they want me to help them then there are exciting times ahead.

What are some things you look for in a young footballer?

On 3/31/2018 at 14:33, Lucas said:

Milkybar Egg update.

The egg has been snared. Fuck you Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's, Morrison's, Waitrose and Lidl.

The Range. You'll do for me.

Never heard of that place before.. had to google it

Still, job done that's all that matters.... Failure to get one could have been disastrous... 

7 hours ago, Toinho said:

What are some things you look for in a young footballer?

Depends on their position. If its a center back, I like good anticipation and marking. A striker I like good off the ball movement and/or good finishing. A number 10 I like to see potential in becoming a complete player.

So I've got some news regarding the last couple of days

I talked to that agency I mentioned, they haven't given me the job yet but they wanted to see if I am serious and if I have any top talents in mind... I have shown them one Peruvian player playing in the reserves including videos. Won't give any names but he's an under 20 player, and they have been impressed. They want to take him to Europe to a club for 10 days on trial. I have talked to the player and he is interested.

That was the easy part, but I must talk to the players agent now. I will call him in a few hours, as I also know him personally but talking to him via Facebook is a hassle (trust me, phone calls are much better for these things). I'll let him and the player deal with the club. Hopefully I can accompany him to Europe, in which the club has to pay for the flight and accomodation (for the player anyways). Doubt it, but it would be nice if I could.

As for other scout/football work news regarding me, I have gotten Wyscout at a decent pack but I can't watch full matches yet. I have also taken upon a 16 year old player on my books, meaning that I will promote the player to agencies and clubs alike, but I will decide what I think is best for him in which I think I have a pretty good vision for. I have to record plays of him every weekend and make a video of him first.

Just now, Toinho said:

So you're like a mixture of scout/agent? Sounds pretty cool. How did you get into this profession? 

Scouts aren't just people looking out for players, part of their job is negotiation with the player and clubs over what you believe is the best for him. This player I have offered the agency, he's not my player. He's not on my books, but I do rate him highly and wish he was. This 16 year old has accepted me though, and I can watch out on him until someone else takes him. I will try to get him to a suitable club. 

As for the question, I have always loved scouting players but never understood the profession. I always just looked out at players and posted something about them on Twitter or footy sites, but now I understand it a bit more and felt I wanted to have more of an impact. Just posting articles on a player, its not enough to get them to move. You need to have a relationship with the club or agency. However, the answer to your question has to do with a few friends and idols who are scouts, they've inspired me to work more on that. Besides, you win a lot more as a scout then as a journalist.

Just now, Cannabis said:

Surely that is an agent, not a scout?

No they are different.

Here is what Giulo D'Alessandro, scout said about them. I think he describes it well, given he's a scout.

What is the biggest difference between the role of an agent and a scout?

There is a big difference between those two. One, the agent, is a freelance and he is independent and his only interests are the benefits of his players and of his businesses. The scout is someone who work for a club and has his interests in do something positive for his team, coordinating his work with the sport director and the coach. One of the biggest problems of football nowadays is that there are few scouts and too many agents. Agents have personal interest and don’t work for the interest of clubs. This is something that has to change in football in general and I believe every club needs at least 9-10 scout under contract, with contracts that can encourage the development of this kind of career. The ridiculous thing is that in Italy, 90% of the talent scout don’t earn any salary. What clubs give them is just a refund and a commission in case they sign a player selected by the scout. This encourages professionalism in choosing an agent’s career instead of that of a scout. In that way, they will be also able to represent players and gain a percentage of their salary. Also they will be able to work with all the clubs of the world. So there is more of a personal interest than the club’s interest in the world of professional football.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Your mate was a scout at Bayer Leverkusen? 

Yeah, I can PM you his name if you want.

He's about 40 years old, so its not like he's my age and was at it. That wouldn't be believeable, but he's actually quite well known.

Just now, Berserker said:

Was there a code to insert a spoiler warning on here?

[ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ]

Without the spaces, of course.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Blue said:

Yeah, I can PM you his name if you want.

He's about 40 years old, so its not like he's my age and was at it. That wouldn't be believeable, but he's actually quite well known.

Yeah, I thought that would have been weird for someone as young as you (or of similar age) to have already had a scouting career in a club like Leverkusen, haha.

38 minutes ago, Blue said:

No they are different.

Here is what Giulo D'Alessandro, scout said about them. I think he describes it well, given he's a scout.

Here Brian, let me present you a great promising young player who i believe would be an excellent addition to your prospects list.

I think he will gladly give you an autograph too.

dato_400x400.jpg

Edited by Berserker

Just now, nudge said:

Yeah, I thought that would have been weird for someone as young as you (or of similar age) to have already had a scouting career in a club like Leverkusen, haha.

He left there a long time ago, but I do know him well and he's giving me tips on where I could begin.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Blue said:

He left there a long time ago, but I do know him well and he's giving me tips on where I could begin.

Well I just googled him and apparently he said that Claudio Pizarro is the best Peruvian football player ever, so he must be alright :D 

Just now, nudge said:

Well I just googled him and apparently he said that Claudio Pizarro is the best Peruvian football player ever, so he must be alright :D 

Haha, he was made fun of for that! I honestly don't think he's that wrong though, because at club level he was one of the best. Nothing on Cubillas, Chumpitaz or Chale though but I respect his view as he's a pretty successful scout and its not really the idiotic view that everyone thinks.

He's definitely the most decorated Peruvian though.