• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 2-2 Liverpool - Sunday 19th December, 2021

football forums

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Storts said:

Hahahaha mate. We had two pens turned down. If you want Jota then the fouls on Winks and Alli are pens too. Salah controls the ball with his arm for the second goal. You are unable to be objective. The ref was just bad for both teams as are the vast majority of officials in this country 

No chance in hell the one on Ali is a foul, the Matip one I agree we got away with. Salah’s had was in his silhouette, and it his his head then the ball. Controlling it? Come off it. Your lot got away with a red & a blatant pen. Robertson was rightfully sent off, but him going off after a VAR review just makes a complete mockery of the reffing. 

• Subscriber

Spurs should have won that game in all honesty. The amount of chances they had that should have and possibly could have ended up in the back of the net were ridiculous. What Andy was thinking is anyone's guess but the ref was total shit today and got so many things wrong for both teams.

Also, I hope next season the refs have to go to the monitor to review penalties and serious fouls because its a joke that he walks up for the foul by Andy but doesn't for the Kane one.

5 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

It definitely starts that way mate.

Who knows his spell at Spurs might end differently and that feeling will remain.

After the few years we’ve had it’s just nice to see some progress, a manager with a clear plan and passion 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

No way the two Spurs ones were the same as the Jota one. The Jota one is a stonewaller. 

Matip on Winks was about the same. 

The Alli one would have been soft. 

17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Can’t help but feel robbed tbh.

Something should be done about the standard of officials in the country, because it’s a bit of a joke.

Robbed hahahah 

Deary me.

You lot are all the same

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

You chat pure shite

I obviously don’t. You lot just fail to be objective when looking at these things. 

Kane was lucky to stay on.

Jota could have been a penalty 

Winks could have been a penalty 

Alli could have been a penalty 

Second Liverpool goal could have been ruled out for handball. 

A lot of decisions against both teams 

Liverpool very fortunate our finishing was so poor

Haven't watched Spurs for a while so surprised to see them today playing much better under Conte.

Noticed Delli Alli on the left putting in a shift yet Kane looked both physically and mentally sluggish.

Match could have gone either way as there were ups and downs and officials needing to make interpreted decisions. 

3 minutes ago, shut up said:

The Alli pen would have been ridiculously soft tbh. I think Jota & Winks should have had pens. 

Kane should have gone in the first half though. 100% a red card. It looks more reckless than the Xhaka one yesterday and that was definitely a red. 

Allison is a strange keeper this season. Both world class & then silliness in his game. 

I mean I think this is completely fair. Just poor officiating all round 

4 minutes ago, Storts said:

I obviously don’t. You lot just fail to be objective when looking at these things. 

Kane was lucky to stay on.

Jota could have been a penalty 

Winks could have been a penalty 

Alli could have been a penalty 

Second Liverpool goal could have been ruled out for handball. 

A lot of decisions against both teams 

Liverpool very fortunate our finishing was so poor

As of you think the Alli one could have beenxD again you chat pure shite

Just now, LFCMike said:

As of you think the Alli one could have beenxD again you chat pure shite

I mean he gets in behind and gets pushed in the back. Don’t think it’s a pen but also could easily have been given. If you think Jota is a pen then winks is also stone wall 

I haven’t seen the Winks/Matip incident but:

Harry Kane is a clear as day red card, studs up into the shin, reckless.

The foul on Diogo Jota wasn’t given because the ref said he slowed himself down? He has to slow down to shoot, in the end he’s cleared out by the Spurs defender and they don’t get anywhere near the ball. Defo a pen.

Dele Ali was just a dive, you can see on the replay he’s reaching his foot back for contact and only really gets close to contact when he’s nearly fully on the floor.

Robertson’s red is a clear as day red.

What a game to end a Sunday on though mind 

4 minutes ago, shut up said:

Why wasn't the Robertson goal ruled out? Definitely looked like Salah handled it

Not a handball. Not deliberate, frame of his body not made bigger, didn’t occur in the same phase of play as the goal as the ball was then cleared.

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Not a handball. Not deliberate, frame of his body not made bigger, didn’t occur in the same phase of play as the goal as the ball was then cleared.

All technicalities but let’s be honest that goal doesn’t happen if Salah doesn’t handle it and control it like that.  By the letter of the law (as far as I understand it considering it changes every few months) it’s probably legal but also it’s definitely lucky and handball 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Danny said:

I haven’t seen the Winks/Matip incident but:

Harry Kane is a clear as day red card, studs up into the shin, reckless.

The foul on Diogo Jota wasn’t given because the ref said he slowed himself down? He has to slow down to shoot, in the end he’s cleared out by the Spurs defender and they don’t get anywhere near the ball. Defo a pen.

Dele Ali was just a dive, you can see on the replay he’s reaching his foot back for contact and only really gets close to contact when he’s nearly fully on the floor.

Robertson’s red is a clear as day red.

What a game to end a Sunday on though mind 

Alli loves a dive but TAA does put his hands on his back. Still would have been soft, mind.

24 minutes ago, Storts said:

I mean he gets in behind and gets pushed in the back. Don’t think it’s a pen but also could easily have been given. If you think Jota is a pen then winks is also stone wall 

Pushed and touched is not the same thing

Archived