The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 26 Matches - Wednesday 23rd February, 2022

football forums

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Not gunna lie, I don't think either were penalties to be honest mate

If the second is given then the player has to go, which would have been harsh to say the least. 

We deserve to winning but 3 - 0 flatters us imo. 

I appreciate the honesty, unfortunately it does us no good here.

For the record, I don't think Allison on Dan James was either.

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Wow, what a win for Burnley.

Did not expect that result. Imagine beating Man City then going on to lose against relegation-threatened Burnley.

Its spurs 

I covered the bad luck in the first half but that capitulation in the end was pitiful, more so because I truly don't think Liverpool were ever in top gear. Third at best.

Pretty fucking disconsolate. Everything is an absolute mess.

Whatever can go wrong does and whatever doesn't, we try our best to ensure it does.

Don't know what to say but it's absolutely killing us right now.

Football. Honestly, makes you feel on top of the world when things are great and lower than a snakes belly when they aren't.

26 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I covered the bad luck in the first half but that capitulation in the end was pitiful, more so because I truly don't think Liverpool were ever in top gear. Third at best.

Pretty fucking disconsolate. Everything is an absolute mess.

Whatever can go wrong does and whatever doesn't, we try our best to ensure it does.

Don't know what to say but it's absolutely killing us right now.

Football. Honestly, makes you feel on top of the world when things are great and lower than a snakes belly when they aren't.

Don't get too downhearted mate, you could have been born a Man U fan! 

On the one hand, it's commendable that Bielsa's got such a commitment to positive football - regardless of the odds or the difficulties he's facing with squad selection right now, you at least know that Leeds will always give it a go.

On the other hand, it seems mental knowing that you'll be up against a side that will have the ball most of the match and they'll be getting lots of chances in the match... and setting up like that when you've got that many problems defending. It just seems like Leeds were set up from the off to have their weaknesses highlighted by our attacking strength, regardless of how bright a start they had. Especially because 30 minutes in, Leeds looked like they were running on empty.

I'm not going to complain, I wish more sides would play to our strengths and to their weaknesses more often. And ultimately, I'm not sure it would have mattered with the terrible injury crisis Leeds have been experiencing this season.

2 minutes ago, shut up said:

Said this would happen and everyone replied levy had changed & would give Conte money etc... people never learn. 

You sure it was this forum? I assume everyone here predicted it to happen eventually, just not so soon!

5 minutes ago, shut up said:

Said this would happen and everyone replied levy had changed & would give Conte money etc... people never learn. 

I think a lot of people thought Levy and Conte was a match made in hell. A famously tight chairman of the board with an aversion to spending big (and a history of selling off big players) with a manager that famously makes huge transfer demands and in his last few jobs has ended his time as manager at a certain club with public feuds.

I think a lot of people assumed that for Conte to accept the job, which he'd previously turned down, Levy would have given him assurances and a bit of a free reign to push the squad to the next level. Given Conte's comments after the transfer window closed... I think it's fair to say that this didn't happen.

It's hard to see how Spurs grow as a club from the heights that Poch took them without Levy loosening the purse strings. I don't think Spurs have bad players, but I do think they've got too many players with a bad mentality - because I think that's the only way you can go from having "never count us out" sort of performance against a club like City & then go on to lose against Burnley and have that one win against Citeh be the only one in 5.

If they get rid of Conte or he ends up walking... it's hard to see another manager of his pedigree wanting to take the Spurs job.

Regarding Daniel Levy, everytime I think of him now I think of that scene in All Or Nothing where he said: "There's only two World Class Managers in the World. One is Pep Guardiola and the other is Jose Mourinho". This was 2019, not just after Sir Alex retired.

6 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

I don't get Conte's beef really? Is he unhappy with the board or the players or what? Odd for it to be triggered tonight because that Spurs side should be cruising past Burnley. Is his ire aimed at inconsistent players?

I'd assume that yeah he's taking a bit of a shot at both the board and the inconsistent players. I think him saying he puts in 120% into the job and that him and the players have been working so hard but are in a bad rut of form is him just frustrated that he and his players have put in all this work with only 1 win in 5 to show for it. I think part of it was questioning the mentality of players that can work so hard in training but then struggle to perform against sides they should be beating.

I'll also say this though as someone who didn't watch the match, or even watch any highlights... just a clip of that post-match presser & who is a fan of a side that recently played Burnley... this Burnley side are fighting for their lives in the league and are going to make it tough for anyone, especially now that they've signed Weghorst. I think they maybe deserve more credit here for frustrating Spurs than they're getting.

Burnley are cunts, but they're survivors. I wouldn't be surprised if they claw their way out of the relegation spots.

What a win that is. Pressure on after City losing, yet we stroll past Leeds without issue. We are on a roll now, and I can see us building a good run here. Hopefully more teams can put up a scrap against City and it gives us some breathing space to drop a point or two here and there. This squad we have now is as strong as I’ve seen in my lifetime and having everybody fit for this run in is going to be vital.

Burnley are going to survive aren’t they. As much as I absolutely hate the cunts, you have to give them credit for their grit, they fucking know how to battle it out. Weghorst was an inspired signing by them, and it’ll probably pay off come the final table finish.

Think it’s Watford, Norwich and unfortunately Leeds who are going to get dragged into it. They need Phillips back pronto to avoid it, and even then it’s Bielsa to blame for them going. I commend him for having a philosophy, but it should never be to the detriment to the team. They needed to be smarter against us and Utd, but they continued to play into both our hands. 

Archived