Everton 1-0 Man Utd - Saturday 9th April, 2022

• Administrator

Kick-off 12.30

Live on BT Sport

everton.PNG        VS      220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
02/10/2021 - Man Utd 1-1 Everton
06/02/2021 - Man Utd 3-3 Everton
23/10/2020 - Everton 0-2 Man Utd (EFL Cup)

Recent Form
Everton - LLLWL
Man Utd - DLWLD

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
22 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Knowing United we will come unstuck here, go 1 up and lose 2-1. :coffee:

Knowing Everton, they'll come unstuck here. Go 1 up and lose 2-1. 

• Subscriber

No reason we can't get a result here as mad as that sounds. It's on us and whether we decide to surrender a free goal and a set piece goal and maybe a cheeky red card. Recent evidence suggests we'll struggle to avoid doing so but this stuff is so basic that it genuinely can be sorted overnight by just telling the players "don't do anything stupid" and them actually following that instruction.

• Subscriber

With all this Eric ten Hag news blowing around as the next manager the way the United players act nowadays they will probably not give a shit if they lose or draw anyway, it's a chance for Lampard and his toffee's to win and start the great escape from relegation and use United losing as to why it happened.

Really thought Everton would get a point yesterday.

Awful result as they are now in a shoot-out with Burnley. 

For me Gordon is their key player for getting goals, DLC reminds me of Rashford both have had their minds turned by opportunities off the pitch. 

A moment in the game where Richarlison is away down the left with the opportunity to cross for the runners yet selects to blast it and chance missed.

Then Rodriguze scores from a similar move from the cross that is delivered a short time later for Burnely.

Fine margins.

• Subscriber

Calvert-Lewin has been absolutely anonymous since he returned from injury and while his agent has denied it, the number of rumours there's been about him selling his house and telling his friends he's moving down south, it's got to the point where there's no smoke without fire.

We've been patient with him following his injury but he's taking up a spot at the moment and offering nothing. Richarlison is so much better coming in from the left than as a centre forward so I wouldn't put him up there and have Gray and Gordon flanking him or anything. I'd genuinely consider putting Rondon ahead of Calvert-Lewin, that's how poor he's been. I see no reason why it isn't worth giving Dele Alli a chance in that role either potentially.

Saw a good joke on Twitter at the weekend to the effect of "Eriksen has recovered faster coming back from the dead than Calvert-Lewin has from a thigh injury". Patience running low with him now. Got his heart set on a move regardless of whether we stay up, I don't really care about the GQ stuff.

From experience, on the rare occasions you look for a favour from Man Utd, they never deliver.

I can see Everton getting a result regardless of that though. With the way Man United are these days, they alwaya give you a chance.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Lucas said:

From experience, on the rare occasions you look for a favour from Man Utd, they never deliver.

Like Liverpool v United at Anfield coming up, @Happy Blue will be creaming his jeans wanting Man United to do his City a favour and win...cough, cough,  :whistling:

6 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Like Liverpool v United at Anfield coming up, @Happy Blue will be creaming his jeans wanting Man United to do his City a favour and win...cough, cough,  :whistling:

I don't think you have any chance against Liverpool bud, it's upto us at weekend to see them off

• Subscriber

This is a far better chance for some points for Everton than is made out. I thought Man Utd look garbage against us last weekend. Even in previous years when they've been underwhelming they've still been quite ominous to play against. Last week felt like playing against Villa or Wolves.

I really hope we win this. Usually I'm not too fussed about relegation battles. But there are 2 results in my life which I've never quite recovered from and always craved some sort of revenge. Firstly West Ham, cost us the title in the 90's when we lost there last game of the season. Liverpool did us a favor by beating Blackburn on the last day, yet we still blew it. Anyway we had a great chance on the last day of the season to put West Ham down during the 2006-2007 season. Beat them and they're relegated and some sort of revenge for beating us on the last day in the 90's. Yet we lost at home 1-0, we had a chance to bury the cunts and blew it. 

Now for Everton, the season where Kun scored last kick of the game and won City the title. the third to last game of the season was Everton, and we drew 4-4. I've always wanted revenge for this result, if we can put a nail in their coffin today it'll be great.

Rant over, 2-1 to Everton.

Archived