• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Burnley Sack Sean Dyche

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Danny said:

Mental no? Sean Dyche has effectively been Burnley FC for the time they’ve been in the Premier League, in fact they’d have been relegated long ago without him.

Interesting to see where he goes next.

Yeah odd timing. Unless they think someone else can come in, keep them up with what you sometimes see with a new manager bounce. 

This is good news for Everton though. I can't see Burnley having such a bounce. Think they had a better chance keeping Dyche. 

Just now, Stan said:

Yeah odd timing. Unless they think someone else can come in, keep them up with what you sometimes see with a new manager bounce. 

This is good news for Everton though. I can't see Burnley having such a bounce. Think they had a better chance keeping Dyche. 

Yeah looks to be the case and potentially something they’ll come to regret. Look at their transfer dealings, spent about £30m this season, £1m last season, £20m before that, £30m before that…that’s a lot of good work Dyche has done on a shoestring budget that not many manager could replicate.

Personally I’d take keep Dyche, best man to get them back up next season and reinvest funds wisely.

Theyve had some investment from America recently right? Could be related.

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Danny said:

Yeah looks to be the case and potentially something they’ll come to regret. Look at their transfer dealings, spent about £30m this season, £1m last season, £20m before that, £30m before that…that’s a lot of good work Dyche has done on a shoestring budget that not many manager could replicate.

Personally I’d take keep Dyche, best man to get them back up next season and reinvest funds wisely.

Their wage bill is apparently very high though. Not sure on the figures but is higher than some teams around them. 

Something must have happened behind the scenes.

He got a long term contract last summer with very large wages for a manager in his position. The owners put a great deal of faith in him to create the 'underdog mentality' they have in there American Franchises. The pay off would have been absolutely huge.

I was almost certain they'd bounce back with him next season but now I'm not too sure. They'll certainly lose Tarkowski, Cornet may not fancy a season in The Championship and (other than maybe Pope and McNeil) the rest of that side wouldn't look out of place in The Championship.

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, Danny said:

5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Something must have happened behind the scenes.

He got a long term contract last summer with very large wages for a manager in his position. The owners put a great deal of faith in him to create the 'underdog mentality' they have in there American Franchises. The pay off would have been absolutely huge.

I was almost certain they'd bounce back with him next season but now I'm not too sure. They'll certainly lose Tarkowski, Cornet may not fancy a season in The Championship and (other than maybe Pope and McNeil) the rest of that side wouldn't look out of place in The Championship.

33 minutes ago, Stan said:

They covered this quite heavily in the Price of Football Podcast at the time of the takeover. If they had remained in the Premier League for 3+ seasons everything would probably have been OK but now you really have to worry this could be the beginning of a long downward trajectory if they stay involved. 

There was something mentioned at the start of the season that if Burnley were to get relegated, the previous owner could buy back the club at a significantly reduced price. If that was to happen i doubt he'd be welcomed back with open arms given the cost cutting that comes with relegation on and off the pitch. The whole thing seems a little murky.

If this is the beginning of the end of Burnley’s Premier League stay then that’s a shame, so much hard work, lowest finances in the league consistently and still manage to remain competitive near the bottom and at a time achieving a Europa League spot.

Tell you what hasn’t helped though and I think it’s incredibly harsh on Dyche is Chris Wood moving to Newcastle. No one in the league is in for Wood but Newcastle get cashed up and have to find a way to stay in the league. Appears to be at the detriment of Burnley which is a shame. If he stays he probably finds the goals to give them a lift where needed.

5 minutes ago, Rick said:

To keep them up? Nuno or Rafa from that list. To build them when they drop? I’d give Farke a go, he done a very good job at Norwich on piss all budget. 

Farke proven in the Championship but it's a risk in the Prem, not to mention you need a complete squad overhaul as they play completely different styles. Do agree losing Buendia and Skipp took the wind out of his sails though.

Has to be a Nuno, Rafa type manager. Sam Allardyce even, whoever. Just someone who can work with the style of players they have.

• Subscriber

These Nuno and Rafa shouts are properly lazy. Nuno has absolutely no track record in a Premier League relegation fight and Benitez would be a bizarre appointment if you look at how ineffective he was in getting a poor side low on confidence to grind out results a matter of months ago.

Let's not pretend the rationale here goes beyond "let's look at the most recently sacked Premier League managers and just tout them for it" xD.

Allardyce makes a lot more sense given his track record, abilities and Burnley's squad.

Archived