talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Darwin Nunez joins Liverpool

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I genuinely don't know if this conversation is a piss take because I've seen people choose sillier hills to die on and be deadly serious about it, but according to Joyce's add-ons, the fee in £ could rise to £85.3m

Screenshot_20220612-172506_Google.jpg

According to Google that's €99.89m so whether that's close to €100m or not, perhaps we'll just leave that down to a matter of opinion...

17 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I genuinely don't know if this conversation is a piss take because I've seen people choose sillier hills to die on and be deadly serious about it, but according to Joyce's add-ons, the fee in £ could rise to £85.3m

Screenshot_20220612-172506_Google.jpg

According to Google that's €99.89m so whether that's close to €100m or not, perhaps we'll just leave that down to a matter of opinion...

Not 100m then?

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

You lot are talking euros.. Mike is talking pounds.

For no reason at all considering the headline referenced is Euros... 

13 hours ago, Spike said:

Apparently some people the wealthier they are  the more obsessed with money they become. It could be hard for someone from modest roots reconciling with their wealth, because they no longer fit in where they came from and they probably don’t fit in where their money takes them.

Someone on Candy Crush development team allegedly had depression problems because of the exact reason, just couldn't cope with the new found wealth. 

I've got to be honest, I've not seen him play. Not really seen much of Benfica or Uruguay to cast an opinion so £80 odd million feels a lot straight off the bat.

That said, I guess you look at it over 5/6 years and think it will repay itself in the long run as he is only 22 and given his height and physicality, it will give Liverpool a real target in the box for Robertson and Trent swinging those balls in.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Paul Pogba cost £89m or €105m. So to claim the fee he had a problem with is £100m is less accurate than claiming it was €100m.

Klopp responded to this transfer by making a grand statement that if those transfer fees became the norm, he'd quit football, and that he wanted to do things differently.

Now he's spending a transfer fee (potentially rising to) £85m or €99m. You can convert these transfer fees to Japanese Yen if you want. There's no permutation of this argument that changes the fact that Klopp is about to spend a fee on a player that's almost as much as the fee that prompted these comments in the first place.

Some of us have pointed out that this makes him a bit of a hypocrite. In response, you've flip-flopped between currencies to try and make a point, and claimed in this thread that €99.89m is "not really close" to €100m.

Then you've convinced yourself that, because you've found a version of the article with a different unit of currency on it which doesn't significantly alter any of this, not only have you won the argument, but you've done it by so much that you're in a position to claim that it's everyone else who's "had a nightmare" as if you've found the evidence of the century.

It's just bizarre. Most people would just say something like "yeah, it's a bit hypocritical, but that was 5 years ago and the reality is that I'd rather see us spend big money and compete for major trophies than hold back and miss out on the top players to retain some sort of moral high ground over Man City and PSG". That would be perfectly reasonable and it would save us all the hassle of arguing about £ and € signs.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Paul Pogba cost £89m or €105m. So to claim the fee he had a problem with is £100m is less accurate than claiming it was €100m.

Klopp responded to this transfer by making a grand statement that if those transfer fees became the norm, he'd quit football, and that he wanted to do things differently.

Now he's spending a transfer fee (potentially rising to) £85m or €99m. You can convert these transfer fees to Japanese Yen if you want. There's no permutation of this argument that changes the fact that Klopp is about to spend a fee on a player that's almost as much as the fee that prompted these comments in the first place.

Some of us have pointed out that this makes him a bit of a hypocrite. In response, you've flip-flopped between currencies to try and make a point, and claimed in this thread that €99.89m is "not really close" to €100m.

Then you've convinced yourself that, because you've found a version of the article with a different unit of currency on it which doesn't significantly alter any of this, not only have you won the argument, but you've done it by so much that you're in a position to claim that it's everyone else who's "had a nightmare" as if you've found the evidence of the century.

It's just bizarre. Most people would just say something like "yeah, it's a bit hypocritical, but that was 5 years ago and the reality is that I'd rather see us spend big money and compete for major trophies than hold back and miss out on the top players to retain some sort of moral high ground over Man City and PSG". That would be perfectly reasonable and it would save us all the hassle of arguing about £ and € signs.

I pointed out that it was five years ago originally. Klopp clarified his comments two or three years ago anyway, maybe look them up instead of reposting stuff from 'bantz' pages on Twitter.

I'm not that arsed about this argument that I'm going to spend six paragraphs replying though. Have a nice day.:coffee:

8 minutes ago, Spike said:

Klopp easily has one of the most expensive teams in the worlds

Well yes as Premier League clubs will make up a decent amount of the top spending clubs. This transfer will only take them into fifth in most spent in the Premier League since Klopp took over though.

58 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Well yes as Premier League clubs will make up a decent amount of the top spending clubs. This transfer will only take them into fifth in most spent in the Premier League since Klopp took over though.

Premier League clubs are disgustingly opulent and ‘only fifth’ would still mean outspending 99.9999999999999% of clubs world wide. I think Liverpool fans should embrace the fact that their club can and will spend a lot of money instead of beating around the bush and trying to pass it off as something less than it. Very lucky to have a successful club and a lot people can only wish

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Premier League clubs are disgustingly opulent and ‘only fifth’ would still mean outspending 99.9999999999999% of clubs world wide. I think Liverpool fans should embrace the fact that their club can and will spend a lot of money instead of beating around the bush and trying to pass it off as something less than it. Very lucky to have a successful club and a lot people can only wish

I think one Liverpool fan already said that like many pages ago tbh

9 hours ago, Lucas said:

I've got to be honest, I've not seen him play. Not really seen much of Benfica or Uruguay to cast an opinion so £80 odd million feels a lot straight off the bat.

That said, I guess you look at it over 5/6 years and think it will repay itself in the long run as he is only 22 and given his height and physicality, it will give Liverpool a real target in the box for Robertson and Trent swinging those balls in.

True, but adding to your bottom bit as well, I can't think of many poor signings by Klopp since he's been in charge, especially big money signings.

Archived