talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 1-1 Crystal Palace - Monday 15th August, 2022

football forums

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think anyone can say that Anderson didn't deserve soemthing in response but obviously Darwin Nunez needs to get better at dealing with this sort of thing. Instead of reacting to shithousery, just turn it around and be the one to instigate the shit housing. He spent the whole game playing Anderson's game.

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

The 400 death threats he received today ought to do it.

If you're a windup merchant, that's gonna happen. Not saying it's right. Football fans suffer from a lack of perspective and justify being massive twats but none of that is a surprise.

• Subscriber

I was going to comment yesterday that Liverpool's entire left hand side was ineffective but then Diaz skinned 5 players and equalised so I decided not to. TAA/Elliot/Salah were combining well early on up until Zaha scored and Liverpool went completely flat. Robertson/Milner/Diaz were offering nothing on the other side. Diaz was everywhere after his goal but Robertson and Milner couldn't really have had any complaints at getting hooked even if Tsimikas' crossing was poor when he came on too.

37 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Klopp implying that Nunez had a rough night made me laugh. I dont think he had a more difficult time than any other forward in the Premier League. Center backs up and down the country will be laughing at how easy it looks to get under his skin.

Haaland had 5 players marking him in our last game 😂 something Nunez better get used too if he's going to make it over here

Just seen the highlight again for Zaha's goal...feel like Van Dijk could have done more there. He tracks Zaha's run after Zaha got past Phillips and then before Zaha shoots you can physically see Van Dijk slowing down, maybe Van Dijk gambled that a shot from that angle would be saved and if he did commit and Zaha gets past him then it's an even easier chance on goal....but I feel like that was an ample opportunity to just slide and block the shot. No way Zaha should have had a shot on goal that easily with Van Dijk so close to him.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

I was going to comment yesterday that Liverpool's entire left hand side was ineffective but then Diaz skinned 5 players and equalised so I decided not to. TAA/Elliot/Salah were combining well early on up until Zaha scored and Liverpool went completely flat. Robertson/Milner/Diaz were offering nothing on the other side. Diaz was everywhere after his goal but Robertson and Milner couldn't really have had any complaints at getting hooked even if Tsimikas' crossing was poor when he came on too.

Robertson’s forward game has been well off the boil in the last few months. He rarely marauds forward anymore. He’ll pass to Diaz and…..go back to his position more often than not. Also, his shooting has gotten worse and worse. There was a point last night when the palace keeper came well out of his box to make a clearance, but it went straight to Robertson and he had an open net to launch the ball towards, instead he fucks it and bananas it sideways, fucking ridiculous from a professional footballer. 

I have been very vocal about what I think are the issues with this squad, so I won’t go over those again. All I will say is that I am unfortunately being proved correct. 

I think in most games Liverpool will be better off having one of Jota or Diaz at CF and the other at LF. 

Nunez will benefit against teams that venture further forward, but there is so much in his game that reminds me of Werner. So limited outside of the opposition box. 

4 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

The 400 death threats he received today ought to do it.

I've just seen his Instagram story. Blimey. What on earth is wrong with some people?

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Jeez.

He thinks he tried to walk in to him twice?

3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I've just seen his Instagram story. Blimey. What on earth is wrong with some people?

I like how amongst the death threats and the shit wishing he gets injury is a "suck your dirty dead nan" and he shared that

23 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I have to say watching all the attention Andersen was giving Nunez for most of the match he deserved a little something back but Andersen suckered him right in... xD

Soccer shithousery - 9GAG

Tbh, I still just can't understand why he did that. He's a professional footballer, I've seen pub league players and kids demonstrate more maturity than he did in that moment.

Yes, Anderson is being an overly aggressive cunt... but he's a CB in the premier league, every attacking player in the league should be expecting defenders to be acting like that. Is Darwin right to get pissed off about it? Sure. But... this is a guy who's placed against fucking Pepe, the master of shithousing, in Portugal... there's no way Andersen's a bigger shithouse than Pepe. Shithouses dream of being as much of a cunt as Pepe is.

If he doesn't like that kind of behavior, he's just let every defender in the league know exactly how to rile him up. So he's got to demonstrate more composure instead of getting riled up. Worse, he could end up finding himself getting the Xhaka treatment where because he's a bit of a hot headed idiot he sometimes gets sent off when other players wouldn't get sent off.

And if he was going to see red regardless because he can't control himself... I think it was a mistake to not go even more over the top than a normal headbutt. Should have aimed for his nose and gone full force instead of the headbutt he went with - at least then Andersen's fall to the ground would have been a bit more genuine and he'd be bleeding from the nose, maybe having a deviated septum. Defenders are going to try to get him sent off now for sure. They might not have been so keen on doing it if they think he's a bit of a psycho who might leave them needing a septoplasty if they want to breathe the same.

But getting riled up and reacting violently is just a stupid thing to do and now I think he's an idiot. Especially considering we're a bit light up top with Jota's injury and our marquis signing is now going to be missing for 3 games. At this point, I'm just hoping Jota's back ASAP and gets a good long run in the side because I think Nunez needs to demonstrate a bit more brain functioning before he can be trusted by Klopp.

And if you can't help but be an idiot and lose your temper and get a red card like that... go big and make people think twice about fucking with you in the future, like you're in prison trying to avoid getting raped.

14 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

The best thing about the red card last night was not having to listen to that commentator pronounce his name "Nee-oo-nee-ez" for the last 30 minutes in an attempt to sound like he could do Portuguese.

That is kinda how it is pronounced in Portuguese. But he isn't Portuguese so he is wrong anyway.

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yes, Anderson is being an overly aggressive cunt

Sorry, but no he wasn't xDxD. He was just pushing him around a bit. The old 'let him know you're there' kind of stuff. He's nowhere near overly aggressive. 

10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think it was a mistake to not go even more over the top than a normal headbutt. Should have aimed for his nose and gone full force instead of the headbutt he went with

Probably face more than a 3-match ban if that was the case...

13 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

I have to say watching all the attention Andersen was giving Nunez for most of the match he deserved a little something back but Andersen suckered him right in... xD

Soccer shithousery - 9GAG

Ayew won the shithousery award. The Liverpool fans in the ground knew that he was looking to win fouls in areas he had no right to but the Liverpool players still just continually tackled him from behind. 

5 hours ago, Stan said:

Sorry, but no he wasn't xDxD. He was just pushing him around a bit. The old 'let him know you're there' kind of stuff. He's nowhere near overly aggressive. 

Probably face more than a 3-match ban if that was the case...

I mean I used to be a CB (not like professionally, just like when I was a kid) and literally half the fun was playing against a hot head striker and trying to get under their skin, so I’d have to go into “overly aggressive cunt mode” to try to piss them off and see if they’d play like shit and try to react in a way that gets them booked.

I even said it was normal and I don’t understand why he did it xD. If fucking kids do the same shit, Darwin should have known better…

I’m not sure a broken nose as a result from a headbutt really merits more than a 3 match ban if a horrific leg breaking challenge also nets you a 3 match man. Just because people on TV would see some blood?

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Ayew won the shithousery award. The Liverpool fans in the ground knew that he was looking to win fouls in areas he had no right to but the Liverpool players still just continually tackled him from behind. 

Idk if diving counts as shithousing tbh

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I mean I used to be a CB (not like professionally, just like when I was a kid) and literally half the fun was playing against a hot head striker and trying to get under their skin, so I’d have to go into “overly aggressive cunt mode” to try to piss them off and see if they’d play like shit and try to react in a way that gets them booked.

I even said it was normal and I don’t understand why he did it xD. If fucking kids do the same shit, Darwin should have known better…

I’m not sure a broken nose as a result from a headbutt really merits more than a 3 match ban if a horrific leg breaking challenge also nets you a 3 match man. Just because people on TV would see some blood?

I used to be a CB as well and I can't get on board with what Andersen is doing as 'overly aggressive' mate xD

Nunez is overly aggressive. Andersen is just putting his body about as any CB usually does. He's rattled Nunez pretty much by simply being in his personal space. Nunez has given away how any other players can do the same. Some might not, some might take it too far but it'll be interesting to see how he reacts next time. 

As for the broken nose thing, I think it would warrant more than a 3-game not because of what damage it would do, but more because of the intent and that it goes beyond violent conduct to an extent. Comparatively I think broken legs aren't always intentional, they can be as a result of awkward positioning or landing. Others are definitely malicious (like when a player goes 2-footed and actually causes serious damage) - those types of challenges should warrant more than 3 games in my opinion. 

40 minutes ago, Stan said:

I used to be a CB as well and I can't get on board with what Andersen is doing as 'overly aggressive' mate xD

Nunez is overly aggressive. Andersen is just putting his body about as any CB usually does. He's rattled Nunez pretty much by simply being in his personal space. Nunez has given away how any other players can do the same. Some might not, some might take it too far but it'll be interesting to see how he reacts next time. 

As for the broken nose thing, I think it would warrant more than a 3-game not because of what damage it would do, but more because of the intent and that it goes beyond violent conduct to an extent. Comparatively I think broken legs aren't always intentional, they can be as a result of awkward positioning or landing. Others are definitely malicious (like when a player goes 2-footed and actually causes serious damage) - those types of challenges should warrant more than 3 games in my opinion. 

I guess it's more of how CBs behave compared to their normal personalities off the pitch is what I meant, I think you're reading too much into those two words instead of the rest of what I've said. Because... otherwise I've just said "Andersen's done what any CB would do."

Obviously Nunez is the one actually being overly aggressive. I've never once defended him for headbutting, and I think he was stupid.

Tbh, I think a broken nose is a bit incidental to getting headbutted in the face. The intent is to headbutt the other person - if you're doing that you're already looking to hurt them. A bit like over the top challenges that are worthy of reds - they don't always end up in broken legs or not. You get a red card for the challenge, not for what happens afterwards.

In any case, if I was getting sent off for being a violent idiot - I'd at least want my violent idiocy to have scared the shit out of whoever pissed me enough off to become a violent idiot. Nunez didn't do that, he was just an idiot.

Gonna be honest, I know it's just early days and all... and he's only young and young people can be fucking stupid... but after this match, I don't have much hope for Nunez. It's probably unfair and he's just a kid that was struggling with the pressure of playing poorly on his home debut with the weight of his insane price tag.

But I can't shake the feeling he's just an absolute moron after that and I think that impacts how I view him. And that's not great, because I already think 99% of professional footballers are absolute morons.

• The topic was unpinned

If any manager can sort Junez out, it’s Klopp. I have no doubt that he will have  bollocked him for that reaction. I’m fairly confident that Nunez won’t do that sort of thing again, and instead focus on putting himself about more. If he does end up being an idiot again then there really is not hope. 

Archived