talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Casemiro Joins Man Utd

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I mean he's still a quality player who's hardly showed signs of slowing down. 

I'm more concerned as to why Casemiro is willing to take such a step down vs United overspending on a 30 year old. 

casemiro will pay man United 40m to not contact him again

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

rumours that Real Madrid want Bruno Guimaraes.  They better have 150m large ones, at best case scenario.

Times like these we really need some arbitration of transfer fees to stop smaller clubs asking for obscene money from bigger clubs. It just prices other clubs out and forces smaller clubs to pay over the odds. 

Right? 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Times like these we really need some arbitration of transfer fees to stop smaller clubs asking for obscene money from bigger clubs. It just prices other clubs out and forces smaller clubs to pay over the odds. 

Right? 

it makes sense now, but based on the current trend it would take an unworldly offer to even get the phone picked up

9 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

This better not go through. 5 year contract for a bloke who’s 30 ffs at 10mill a year. Just offer West Ham £150 for Rice and be done with it.

Tbf he's not really looked like a player that's slowing down with age.

I also think Rice is an incredibly overrated player, think if you spend that much on him he ends up being another overpaid ego that thinks he's made it because he's had a huge transfer to United.

30 million and I'd be happy given his age, 60 million and it's a reckless move.

This is typical United, there is no way on this earth he was on our radar or on any list we created of possible targets. Either Madrid or his agent has contacted United and we've snatched at the possibility. 

My guess is Madrid are doing their usual replacement project, they've signed Tchouchemi and they are hoping to move on a player they know is in a slight decline for a hefty fee. 

Surprise, surprise we are the club that they came straight to!

1 hour ago, Redcanuck said:

If it happens , it' will be a good transfer.  Yeah it's too much money, too long a contract but needs must.  Along with de Jong he will  sort out our midfield. 

I don't think it's likely you sign de Jong tbh. That move has looked dead for a while - with reports that he's even going to accept the paycut offer from Barca to stay (although I have no clue why he'd do that tbh - I think his loyalty to a club that's fucked him around financially and has done their best to poison fans' views of him is utterly bizarre).

This would be a good deal. Even at 60m Utd will get their moneys worth if he comes in and plays at even 70% of his ability. Miles better than Rice and a million miles from the shite Utd already have. 

A five year deal is a bit dodge, but when you’re paying DeGea 375k a week, you just haven’t to accept your club is happy to pay stupid wages. That being said, Casemiro doesn’t seem the type of player who is going to drop off in a couple of years, he’s still at a very high level. If you managed this and De Jong, you might have a decent season. 

Think as of now De Jong hasn't agreed to anything. Be it a wage decrease or forfeiting his deferred wages. Only mummers from Barca's end are claiming he has. 

When Romero reports it, then you can safely assume its true. Think this summer has proved Romero has an office in Barca's board room. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't think it's likely you sign de Jong tbh. That move has looked dead for a while - with reports that he's even going to accept the paycut offer from Barca to stay (although I have no clue why he'd do that tbh - I think his loyalty to a club that's fucked him around financially and has done their best to poison fans' views of him is utterly bizarre).

I agree he looks like he will stay at Barcelona , but United have not given up yet, hope springs eternal and all.  Plus Casemiro is not an alternative to De Jong, we need both types of midfielders.  If de Jong proves impossible United could turn to  SMS of Lazio .

28 minutes ago, Spike said:

I don’t get the hype of Rice. He is competent at everything not great.

He's good on the ball and a decent ball winner, but all evidence suggests he wouldn't replicate his form on a more progressive side. It's why I desperately hope the Declan Rice interest died when Marina and co left. 

bUt hEs pRoPer cHelS :ay:

Archived