talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Donald Trump

football forum

4 hours ago, CityTheBest said:

I do think Trump has been a disaster in the US. As soon as he came and fumbled over his acceptance speech with about five people all of those protestors I knew he wouldn't make a great president. I rate him below average. The trouble is, Bernie Snders was smighted by Hillary which was a fix to get the extsablished voice heard over the outsider. The Democratic party has been nothing short of a joke since Obama. They don't listen to the people and what they want, they just go for the established media oracle that will keep the money men rich. Remember the money men wanted Hillary over Obama and tried despertaly to get her to win the primaries but Obama managed to beat her in 2008 and the rest is history as they say. Trump facing Hillary who was considered the establishments oracle had a lot of Bernie supports going to vote for Trump to stop Hillary becoming president. Its like if your football loses a SF and you suddenly hate the victors and want them to lose in the final only in election you acutally affect the result with your vote. I think Trump has been a disaster first and formost, he simply isn't a leader, he's a media personality playing at being a president and is in well above his head. You don't  want a captain of the ship that doesn't have a clue and cares more about twitter when the ship is sinking. He's not a disaster president but his presidancy is a disaster.

As for the election, I can't belive the Democrats have chose Biden who is 77 to go against Trump. Where are the younger people? Women? The democrats are once again falling into the trap of thinking they need a big name, the trouble is that big name is pro establishment and against what the core democratic voters want. I sadly can only see another Trump win in the election, he might not win NY or California but the Alabama's, Utah's, etc are going Trumps way. There's just simply too many pro Trump states in the US for him not to win and he's not against someone with energy and momentum to win those states over like Obama in 2008.

I just hope in the next five years President Trump doesn't do anything drastic, something which the whole world will face the consequnces for years to come. We are still facing the consequences of Geroge Bush and Tony Blair's war in the middle east. Remember Tony Blair interfeering with Kosovo in the late 90's? He's treated like an hero there, so many people in Kosovo with the given name "Toniblair". He thought that the middle east after 9/11 would be the same but it wasn't and it caused countless  death and destruction to societies. Hopefully Trump, despite his apperent ineptitude and lack of empathy realises that he needs to take his troops out of foreign lands and stop trying to asert western dominance where it isn't wanted.

Honestly I disagree with a fair few points. HRC and biden are different candidates. One is likeable and genuine. The other is unfortunately not.

One has survived a tough contest surviving a crowded field where every Democrat first got to pick their favourite. The other was basically unopposed and forced upon everyone with a mantra of "it's her turn".

There is much better relations between Sanders and Biden, and better unity in the party. 

Also people have now seen the chaos and dysfunction of trump which Biden will now be coming in looking a sound alternative.

I'd have preferred a different candidate but I think Biden will do the job. The collapse of the Sanders vote relative to 2016 in key states is proof that less people were looking for a total anti establishment option in 2016 but rather someone who just want HRC.

The is less idealism in this campaign. It's not about the future of the democratic party it's about getting trump out of the office 

I still think trump does stand a good chance of winning. But it's still a totally different situation to last time.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Azeem said:

His supporters are really drinking bleach to kill the virus? 

Not sure they were, but they may be now. Any ardent Trump supports are literally so far up his arse they'll do anything he says or tells them to. And this is really worrying.

He already promoted taking that hydroxychloroquine and that apparently killed off people. Now he's advocating injecting bleach to 'clean out' the system. It's what a fucking 5-year old would say and that's mildly offensive to 5-year olds. 

What he said this morning was just so dangerous. Figuratively and literally. 

When you watch and listen to all these things going on and what's being said you slowly lose hope for mankind... How anybody with even the smallest of brains can think that some of this stuff is ok to do is frankly beyond words... 

16 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

When you watch and listen to all these things going on and what's being said you slowly lose hope for mankind... How anybody with even the smallest of brains can think that some of this stuff is ok to do is frankly beyond words... 

I think America's always had a bit more of a "survival of the fittest" mindset compared to other places. Guns are given to everyone. Shoot who you want, but be prepared to die yourself. Many scams not eradicated. It just seems to be if you get done it's your fault for being a sucker. I guess the extension of that is if you inject the bleach because trump said so, you deserve what you get...

That said, I don't think many if any will do it. Because Fox news won't legitimise it and take it seriously like they did with chloroquine. Instead they'll report it as the fake news media putting words in his mouth. It will galvanise his supporters against the mainstream media and ultimately not hurt him with that 38% that would basically stick with him no matter what he did.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Not sure they were, but they may be now. Any ardent Trump supports are literally so far up his arse they'll do anything he says or tells them to. And this is really worrying.

He already promoted taking that hydroxychloroquine and that apparently killed off people. Now he's advocating injecting bleach to 'clean out' the system. It's what a fucking 5-year old would say and that's mildly offensive to 5-year olds. 

It's an unfortunate consequence of his stupidity. In both chloroquine and this matter he'll have been briefed about the subjects, and been too dumb to understand the detail and then reiterates his ignorance on to others.

Hydroxychloroquine is being used still I think in hospitals but only on severe cases and under doctor supervision. It was never the thing you take instead of paracetamol if you're one of the 80% of relatively mild cases, and would do more harm than good to many who take it.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

I don’t think what he said is worrying. I even think this isn’t even the same level as the hydroxychloroquine. Because when he was pushing that, he’s pushing a drug company he’s invested in and who’s owner is a massive Trump donor - he was pushing the drug because he’s a grifter and he wanted to scam people into making him richer.

This is just a painfully moronic statement. And anyone who listens to him and does this is probably too stupid for their own good. I have 0 sympathy for anyone that kills themselves or makes themselves really ill during a pandemic by injecting themselves - if you don’t know you shouldn’t be doing that, there’s no real helping you tbh.

The media needs to stop covering his pandemic press conferences in real time. Let his base watch it real time on Fox or OAN - the places that cover his rallies over the last 4 years. Let the rest of the news media focus on the governors and health experts, and by not showing it real time they can edit out Trump and show Fauci’s parts of the press conferences. That way US coronavirus news from actual news sources will contain significantly less bullshit and significantly more info on wtf is happening.

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Real prophets. 

2 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Maryland hospitals received hundreds of calls whether disinfectants really cure the virus

You can always count on Americans to do the right thing...……. After they have tried everything else!

• The title was changed to Donald Trump

Archived