talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Donald Trump

football forums

39 minutes ago, Stan said:

Huh? 

I know it was - they were moved on with tear gas and rubber bullets just for a photo op? 

So it's obviously not in any way incriminating that a priest would be in attendance. The nutter you quoted seemed to be suggesting otherwise

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, Harry said:

So it's obviously not in any way incriminating that a priest would be in attendance. The nutter you quoted seemed to be suggesting otherwise

The priest was on the church's land? Trump seemed to order them off with tear gas and bullets by account. 

Why is it incriminating for a priest to be there? 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/01/opinion/trump-george-floyd-police-brutality.html#click=https://t.co/ArLIukFk3Z

Some interesting perspective from Paul Krugman.

How did we get here? The core story of U.S. politics over the past four decades is that wealthy elites weaponized white racism to gain political power, which they used to pursue policies that enriched the already wealthy at workers’ expense.

Until Trump’s rise it was possible — barely — for people to deny this reality with a straight face. At this point, however, it requires willful blindness not to see what’s going on.

still see occasional news reports that describe Trump as a “populist.” But Trump’s economic policies have been the opposite of populist: They have been relentlessly plutocratic, centered largely on a successful effort to ram through huge tax cuts for corporations and the rich, and a so far unsuccessful attempt to take health insurance away from poor and working-class families.

Nor have Trump’s trade wars brought back the good jobs of yore. Even before the coronavirus plunged us into depression, Trump had failed to deliver major employment growth in coal mining or manufacturing. And farmers, who supported Trump by large margins in 2016, have suffered huge losses thanks to his trade wars.

The USA was founded very specifically as an oligarchic slave republic by a bunch of enlightenment intellectuals. And they made it sure that it would be damn difficult to move past that form of society. 

The world has moved on since then - economically, technologically, philosophically - and a only a few great US Presidents, like Lincoln or Roosevelt, managed against huge systemic resistance to adapt the structure of the government and the economy a little bit so that the country could survive and process these changes. 

The issue is that you can't build up the political will to make a huge structural change any more. People's minds have been poisoned to reject structural solutions and to look at life as nothing more than an individualised jostling for position. You don't need to convert a majority to this way of thinking, just a sufficiently large minority, and you can paralyse the entire political system. 

And without that kind of political will, the USA's constitutional outdatedness, as a system meant at heart for safeguarding the rule of property against the threat of democracy, is becoming dangerously evident.

Trump is just a particularly obvious sign of a rot which began decades ago. 

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

I can't even find the words anymore after what he said last night. I hope I never see someone become as dangerous and powerful as he has again in my lifetime.

It blows my mind how beloved he is on the right still. He can barely form a sentence and wants to use the military on his own people, but he is beloved.

For him to be saying this shit while protestors were being teargassed for his photo op with a Bible by a church is just shameful. A man who’s never read the Bible, a man most Christians should call an unrepentant singer, getting his photo op for all the evangelical dummies that are so pious themselves even though they’ve never read a bible either. I don’t believe in god, but if I did I’m pretty sure that act would be considered blasphemous.

• The title was changed to Dickface Donald
5 hours ago, Stan said:

I'm so confused xD 

I totally misinterpreted what you posted mate. I thought the tweets you posted were pro trump and discrediting the priests, suggesting they had been taking part in the protests and hence who really cares what they say now when they speak out about being used as a propoganda tool.

See the president doesn't look weak at all....

Lesson learnt for me. Just how dangerous a psychopath can be and the lengths they'll gladly go to to avoid the perception of looking weak... That is so much more damaging to him than being disliked.

He would rather go down as a tyrant than be perceived as a scared and afraid little boy hiding in a bunker. Being a loser is the worst thing he can conceive.

At this point I honestly believe there's  no chance he'll concede an election loss to Joe Biden and step aside. The more you understand his psychology and lack of conscience it makes sense. He will do whatever it takes to win because that's all that matters.

• Subscriber

Even if Biden beats him, do you think Trump will leave the White House or throw his toys out the pram and cry foul? Enough of the biggest nut jobs are aggressive and blindly loyal enough to take to the streets for him even if he loses the election.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Even if Biden beats him, do you think Trump will leave the White House or throw his toys out the pram and cry foul? Enough of the biggest nut jobs are aggressive and blindly loyal enough to take to the streets for him even if he loses the election.

If Dick Face did lose I don't think he would give two shits, go back to his Trump Tower with all his millions in the bank and then write a book on how he was a great President and all of his loyal Dick Face supporters would buy the book and wank themselves silly reading it. :coffee:

4 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

If Dick Face did lose I don't think he would give two shits, go back to his Trump Tower with all his millions in the bank and then write a book on how he was a great President and all of his loyal Dick Face supporters would buy the book and wank themselves silly reading it. :coffee:

Totally disagree mate. He can't take responsibility for anything. A big electoral defeat would fuck him up immensely if he actually had to confront it and accept that he did lose, but he would save himself by not accepting it as legitimate. You combine that response with the level of worship your support of the gun toting community and America have worse times ahead in 2020.

14 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Biden has 0 chance. None at all. Bernie and Yang were the only hopes. Especially with coronavirus happening since. 

Biden’s polling well with boomers, who usually go republican and they were probably the reason Trump won. Bernie doing comparatively worse in 2016 when it was really just him vs Hillary may have just been a reflection of how hated Hillary is rather than American politics taking a more leftward slant. Biden beat him in states he won last time.

Biden just needs to follow @Cicero’s advice and just not talk and put his foot in his mouth. We’ve seen him dismantle Paul Ryan on the debate stage, so I think he’ll actually do quite well debating Trump.

Biden’s biggest weakness is the same as Trump’s: talking too much and saying something stupid. His biggest advantage is being part of an Obama administration that had pandemic prevention plans and federal police oversight - both dismantled by the current administration & now 2 of the biggest issues in the US.

I think Biden has a good chance as long as he doesn’t say anything too stupid too close to the election date.

10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Biden’s polling well with boomers, who usually go republican and they were probably the reason Trump won. Bernie doing comparatively worse in 2016 when it was really just him vs Hillary may have just been a reflection of how hated Hillary is rather than American politics taking a more leftward slant. Biden beat him in states he won last time.

Biden just needs to follow @Cicero’s advice and just not talk and put his foot in his mouth. We’ve seen him dismantle Paul Ryan on the debate stage, so I think he’ll actually do quite well debating Trump.

Biden’s biggest weakness is the same as Trump’s: talking too much and saying something stupid. His biggest advantage is being part of an Obama administration that had pandemic prevention plans and federal police oversight - both dismantled by the current administration & now 2 of the biggest issues in the US.

I think Biden has a good chance as long as he doesn’t say anything too stupid too close to the election date.

I don't know how old you are mate. But in my life the 2 truths about 'the masses'voting in politics I've learned are...

1. People don't think about policy when voting. They consider only popular opinion, perceived personality of the candidates and media shine or lack thereof on the candidates. And now, and worryingly increasingly, due to identity politics."I don't care that 90% of this parties policies benefit me directly, how dare they represent gay equality and change to immigration policy"  It's all soundbites and slogans.  In our recent national election the liberals (slut fucked up conservative government of Australia who hate the working class) won, getting a consecutive reelection during a recession of their own making through horrid and greedy economic policy, and post a royal commission that they repeatedly tried to squash that found they had let the banks get away with everything besides murder.

Their campaign was essentially "Australia is the best country in the world why would we change it?" (again, during a drought throughout which their donor corporations had stolen water in immeasurable amounts and a recession of their own design, with the barrier reef literally fading away and our housing market only approachable to those with equity (aka more houses)
As opposed to Labor who were going to attempt to revitalize our declining health and school systems, save the economy with sensible economic policies including removing franking credits, attacking Australias worlds worst housing market and tearing the corruption behind it and the banking sector down, taxing multinationals ect ect. Good environmental policy and so on and so on. No one bothered to read or understand it though. The working class get hamstrung by declining education standards and lied to by all levels of available media to them, then vote against their own interests without ever actually knowing what was good for them in the first place.

Labor: We're going to make houses actually affordable for first home buyers, rather than investment groups and rich multi property owners. 
Liberals and the media: New labor policy will make rental prices rise. 
YES BECAUSE PEOPLE WILL ACTUALLY BE LIVING IN THE MAJORITY OF HOMES IN THE COUNTRY NOT RENTING THEM OUT FFS.

And then the nation caught fire and it turns out the liberals had cut 2/3rds off rural fire services. i hate this country so fucking much it actually hurts. 

And number 2. People vote reactive, not proactive. That's Bidens ONLY hope, but the media bias against him will be that the USA needs a 'Strong leader" (A fuckwit) not a demented man whos health is failing and mind is deteriorating.

Yeah I think Biden has a solid chance of winning reelection however my concerns will be:

voter suppression through the pandemic, with red governed swing states like Florida Georgia and Ohio denying vote by mail options and/or limiting the number of polling stations for "safety" in ways that disproportionately prohibit black people from voting.

Major impropriety by trump campaign like the flynn document "unmasking". Politically motivated declassification of documents from the Obama era to create scandals for Biden and a sense of false equivalence and the effort to substantiate Obamagate into something. Given he got away with bribing Ukraine I suspect the level of corruption exhibited by the trump campaign on this front will be plain as day. Bill Barr almost sure to feature.

38 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I don't know how old you are mate. But in my life the 2 truths about 'the masses'voting in politics I've learned are...

1. People don't think about policy when voting. They consider only popular opinion, perceived personality of the candidates and media shine or lack thereof on the candidates. And now, and worryingly increasingly, due to identity politics."I don't care that 90% of this parties policies benefit me directly, how dare they represent gay equality and change to immigration policy"  It's all soundbites and slogans.  In our recent national election the liberals (slut fucked up conservative government of Australia who hate the working class) won, getting a consecutive reelection during a recession of their own making through horrid and greedy economic policy, and post a royal commission that they repeatedly tried to squash that found they had let the banks get away with everything besides murder.

Their campaign was essentially "Australia is the best country in the world why would we change it?" (again, during a drought throughout which their donor corporations had stolen water in immeasurable amounts and a recession of their own design, with the barrier reef literally fading away and our housing market only approachable to those with equity (aka more houses)
As opposed to Labor who were going to attempt to revitalize our declining health and school systems, save the economy with sensible economic policies including removing franking credits, attacking Australias worlds worst housing market and tearing the corruption behind it and the banking sector down, taxing multinationals ect ect. Good environmental policy and so on and so on. No one bothered to read or understand it though. The working class get hamstrung by declining education standards and lied to by all levels of available media to them, then vote against their own interests without ever actually knowing what was good for them in the first place.

Labor: We're going to make houses actually affordable for first home buyers, rather than investment groups and rich multi property owners. 
Liberals and the media: New labor policy will make rental prices rise. 
YES BECAUSE PEOPLE WILL ACTUALLY BE LIVING IN THE MAJORITY OF HOMES IN THE COUNTRY NOT RENTING THEM OUT FFS.

And then the nation caught fire and it turns out the liberals had cut 2/3rds off rural fire services. i hate this country so fucking much it actually hurts. 

And number 2. People vote reactive, not proactive. That's Bidens ONLY hope, but the media bias against him will be that the USA needs a 'Strong leader" (A fuckwit) not a demented man whos health is failing and mind is deteriorating.

I agree that identity is key but shorten was a candidate with negative favourability rating, like Clinton and trump. Scomo was not, and nor is Biden.

Archived