talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics & Brexit Discussion

football forums

2 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I suppose its something where I've seen the positives of it. But a few positives wouldn't be enough to justify millions of people having no job security. I'd have to look into it more.

Meanwhile Mel Stride may be attempting to become leader of the conservatives. 

Stride said there was a mental health culture and that many of the issues aren't real issues that deserve time of. As someone who can't work full time due to mental health, with a history of self harm and anxiety attacks I feel I'm qualified to say. He's talking shit. 

He is full of shit because how much of 'mental health culture' disappears when we don't have to worry about getting fired, staying full, paying for bills, having a home to live in, having time to spend with friends and family, having time to be active and healthy, and so on. When everything is taken care of like I assume Mel Stride has had in his life, life is much more enjoyable. What a cunt. Tell him to get fucked for me.

Keir Starmer being a dickhead as usual.

Suspended 7 Labour MPs for voting against Labour's position on the 2 child benefit cap. No opposing opinions allowed.

Do you still get child benefit if you are rich? Surely it would be better to stop giving money to people who don't need it than people who do? I understand that people feel that you shouldn't have 3 kids if you can't afford to. But that's not the child's fault 

• Administrator
11 hours ago, 6666 said:

Suspended 7 Labour MPs for voting against Labour's position on the 2 child benefit cap. No opposing opinions allowed.

Yeah very disappointed in that. Not what I expected (perhaps naively) from him. Very savage/brutal. 

On 23/07/2024 at 21:29, 6666 said:

On 23/07/2024 at 22:14, Gunnersaurus said:

I thought we voted out the conservatives 

On 24/07/2024 at 09:09, Stan said:

Yeah very disappointed in that. Not what I expected (perhaps naively) from him. Very savage/brutal. 

While I hate this sort of thing in politics, isn't this normal in terms of towing the party line, regardless of the party involved?

The part in bold in Stan's post is naive unfortunately. Really hate that you can't express how you feel is the right thing for political and/or career reasons.

What's interesting mind is that most of those suspended were allies of Corbyn. I wonder if there's something in that.

@Bluebird Hewitt I get the impression that this is fairly common. I don't think it's an ordinary vote where you vote for a new potential policy. It's something that is already agreed and has been announced and so voting against it is not generally allowed at that point. @RandoEFC Do you know how it works ? 

Edited by Gunnersaurus

According to German media the Chancellor of the Exchequer is going to announce a financial hole of about 20 Billions? How come, seem to remember her predecessor was supporting tax cuts? Also weren't the Tories warning against Labour with the words, they would waste tax payer's money? Apparently austerity and tax cuts aren't the fiscal panacea the neocon economists are selling it to be.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

• Administrator

It wouldn't surprise me if there was such a debt. Tories weren't exactly famed for making the right calls or having the best interests of the country at heart (look at all the covid contracts they handed out on a silver platter). Not to mention Truss embarrassingly tanking the economy within a month and a half. 

But what does surprise me is Labour and Reeves thinking this is a shock or a surprise. 

• Subscriber
53 minutes ago, Stan said:

But what does surprise me is Labour and Reeves thinking this is a shock or a surprise

It's all a ruse. This information was available months ago but Labour have basically pretended to ignore it so that they could promise not to raise taxes during the election campaign, then go "oh my god we didn't know we were this short of money, we're going to have to raise taxes".

1 hour ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@Rucksackfranzose @Stan

Somebody was telling me before about how some mp's own recruitment agency's and that they supply staff to the NHS. His girlfriend was a nurse. By keeping the wages low nurse's go to work for agencies that pay more. Which means more money for the mp's 

That wouldn't surprise me.

The NHS haemorrhages money like you wouldn't believe on agency workers. My place had one guy from an agency doing the same work as others on higher money, but half the time he fell asleep at his desk (my mate actually got a couple of pictures of him).

• Subscriber

Scum all over the streets of Britain today endangering their fellow citizens, trashing law and order, scaring families and making people think twice about leaving their homes for fear of their safety.

So basically all the stuff they accuse brown people and Muslims of doing despite the fact they never have.

Scum. And everyone who tries to defend them is Scum as well.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Scum all over the streets of Britain today endangering their fellow citizens, trashing law and order, scaring families and making people think twice about leaving their homes for fear of their safety.

So basically all the stuff they accuse brown people and Muslims of doing despite the fact they never have.

Scum. And everyone who tries to defend them is Scum as well.

And invigorated by 'leaders' in some areas... 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

And invigorated by 'leaders' in some areas... 

Hang on, is he blaming Labour for putting asylum seekers up in hotels? Wasn't that happening for at least a couple of years under the Tories? 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Hang on, is he blaming Labour for putting asylum seekers up in hotels? Wasn't that happening for at least a couple of years under the Tories? 

Brain dead. As much use to society as the ones doing the looting and thieving. 

On 03/08/2024 at 13:56, LFCMike said:

On 03/08/2024 at 14:08, Stan said:

Brain dead. As much use to society as the ones doing the looting and thieving. 

I don’t think he’s brain dead, to be honest. I think he knows he’s being dishonest. He’s being dishonest to embrace the mob violence to further political talking points.

The people who tend to use this kind of stuff don’t care too much about honesty. And tories complaining about how the mess they made is someone else’s fault is par for the course for that fucking party.

To try to blame far right thuggery on the new labour government is nothing short of a joke. The people to blame for the riots are the rioters and the people who’ve manipulated their soft minds to be so full of hate.

• Administrator
54 minutes ago, Dave said:

An MP getting his information from Andrew Tate.

What has this country come to.

And right at the end said he didn't believe it. Yet he still spread it. 

• Subscriber

5049.jpg.b42bc623555ae6a2bede07feacfca7ee.jpg

"I would never stoke division between ethnic groups in this country or encourage anti-migrant sentiment, and the fact that I'm even having to defend myself is evidence of the media conspiracy against me and the silent majority that I represent even though there was a general election not a month ago and only 14% of voters backed my party's racist agenda."

11 hours ago, Dave said:

An MP getting his information from Andrew Tate.

What has this country come to.

Farage being an MP is an absolute disgrace. Him being an MEP was embarrassing - but MEPs aren't really all that important. Him actually being in parliament though speaks volumes - and it doesn't say anything good.