talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics & Brexit Discussion

football forum

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If they end up replacing her with Johnson again, the twat is going to be absolutely insufferable.

It's just unthinkable that this could happen after what's gone on... has everybody lost their minds, The party is clearly unfit for purpose and they need shifting.. Truss is clearly well out of her depth and our government has become a laughing stock and it's just not good enough. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If they end up replacing her with Johnson again, the twat is going to be absolutely insufferable.

I'm beginning to wonder if it was the plan all along. Put in someone who is so bad that they will forget how bad he was and put him back in. Then hope to win the next election because Boris is popular because he  GOT BREXIT DONE 

If Truss survives PMQs today she has a chance of lasting until the next election with the support of Hunt.

If she folds badly at PMQs I suspect Sunak as he was 2nd in the party contest to be ushered in.

I don't think the country would allow them another wait and see party contest.

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, Waylander said:

If Truss survives PMQs today she has a chance of lasting until the next election with the support of Hunt.

If she folds badly at PMQs I suspect Sunak as he was 2nd in the party contest to be ushered in.

I don't think the country would allow them another wait and see party contest.

It surely just won't hinge on today? 

4 hours ago, Stan said:

It surely just won't hinge on today? 

No I agree yet if it went badly wrong she could be forced to go, don't think it was that bad so she survives for the moment.

Next big hurdle will be the budget change by Hunt scheduled for the 31st October. 

In saying the above there could still be a change if enough overnight go to Brady yet more change becomes like musical chairs which is why I think she will stay.

@RandoEFC Yes the odds are for a change at the next election.

• Administrator

Braverman already been asked to resign as Home Sec xD

What an absolute laughing stock. 

I'm glad she's out, but what a joke this is becoming. 

I'm guessing it's quite a considerable breach if it's come to a point where she's been asked to go. 

It is literally the most crazy time I've ever known politics. It's all on the bad leadership & negotiations they've had since the 2019 election. Most of them know how awful they've been.

If Labour do not end up as the biggest party next time round I will lose any remaining faith in the voting public.

I do agree with much of what Simon Jordan had to say on politics in the Talksport radio show the other day. It is bizarre how reactionary politics & politicians are to the media these days.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

You can have a recall petition for an individual MP if enough of their constituents don't want to wait badly enough until the next election to vote them out. It seems astonishing that this ruling party have caused so much absolute catastrophe and can just try again with a new leader whenever their polling gets bad enough until they're forced to call an election after four and a half years.

Nobody else can force them to hold an election so long as they have a majority in parliament. It's mad that there's no mechanism to force a ruling party demonstrating this much negligence and incompetence in government to go to the public and seek a fresh mandate if things have got bad enough that they've had to change their leader once, let alone twice, in one term.

• Administrator
44 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

You can have a recall petition for an individual MP if enough of their constituents don't want to wait badly enough until the next election to vote them out. It seems astonishing that this ruling party have caused so much absolute catastrophe and can just try again with a new leader whenever their polling gets bad enough until they're forced to call an election after four and a half years.

Nobody else can force them to hold an election so long as they have a majority in parliament. It's mad that there's no mechanism to force a ruling party demonstrating this much negligence and incompetence in government to go to the public and seek a fresh mandate if things have got bad enough that they've had to change their leader once, let alone twice, in one term.

Can King Charles not do anything?