talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Best place…

football forum

What is the best place you’ve visited for…

Food:

Culture: 

Nightlife:

History:

Cleanliness: 

Natural beauty: 

Note: natural beauty is scenery,  natural environment, etc. It’s not hot women or men. Create your own thread for that filth… 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Food: My mums/grandma, followed by Pakistan.

Culture: Barcelona, culture isn't something I visit for.

Nightlife:Rotterdam.

History:Not something I've explored enough.

Cleanliness: United Arab Emirates. Even the deprived regions are spotless. They literally clean the toilets 24-7. My uncle visited Singapore years ago. He said it was very clean.

Natural beauty: Lake District and the mountains just before Peebles in Scotland

Note: natural beauty is scenery,  natural environment, etc. It’s not hot women or men. Create your own thread for that filth… 

Thank you so much for the vote of confidence and encouragement.

• Administrator

Food: Home-cooked! Anything that my wife/mum/dad have cooked. But if that doesn't count, a local place called The Royal Gurkha has never failed to deliver exquisite food. Non-local would have to be in Valencia - one restaurant we went to we ordered some lamb. Little did we know they'd bring the fillets out and let it cook/sizzle next to us on a charcoal grill while they went off to serve other customers xD. Paella there is delicious too.

Culture: For UK, Liverpool - beautiful city with so much historic and modern culture to it. Non-UK, it would be Barbados/Jamaica - again lots of history but everyone is very friendly there (apart from the American tourists); so much to learn for such small islands. 

Nightlife: Liverpool, Leeds or Newcastle. Hard to pick.

History: London. Constantly fascinated by what some of the non-tourist places have to offer.

Cleanliness: Bath. No pun intended, but the city is very well-kept. 

Natural beauty: Biscarosse, near Bordeaux in France. Dune-du-Pilat, in particular.

1 hour ago, Toinho said:

Food: ------Thai.

Culture: ------- British Museum it has everyone elses.

Nightlife: -------- Recall one bar in Turkey with free shorts while the women dancers danced the Can-Can before the disco / club got underway. 

History: ...........EL Ahumbra in Granada in Spain is pretty neat.

Photo

1 hour ago, Toinho said:

Cleanliness:  .............Singapore airport

Natural beauty:  .................View from East Coast Bay of Plenty as driving down the hill looking out to the Pacific and Whale Island

Replies inserted above.

So in all seriousness. Places we have been to, right?

Food: Croatia/Bosnia

Culture: Malta. Such an interesting melting pot of cultures and languages, considering how often that island was occupied. I mean the Maltese language is basically a mixture of Italian, English and Arabic. 

Nightlife: There I'd say Düsseldorf. Our Altstadt is called "Die längste Theke der Welt" (The longest bar in the world). Although, I don't really like to go there as the crime rate has been through the roof in recent years. 

History: Again, Malta.

Cleanliness: Chester was quite clean. 

Natural beauty: Croatia. The Dalmatian coast with the mountain/ocean combo is breathtaking. Every time I came out of my hotel I looked at those mountains in awe. 

d32585153ad76420a04c744639875d11.jpg

• Subscriber

Cleanest, I Picked Germany as when I was there in my army days the place was spotless, to me, if you dropped a bit of litter or cigarette butt on the ground and got nabbed by the law then it would have been an on the spot 50 Deutschemark fine and if you couldn't pay there and then, then you would end up in court and end up paying a 150 DM fine.

10 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Cleanest, I Picked Germany as when I was there in my army days the place was spotless, to me, if you dropped a bit of litter or cigarette butt on the ground and got nabbed by the law then it would have been an on the spot 50 Deutschemary fine and if you couldn't pay there and then, then you would end up in court and end up paying a 150 DM fine.

What’s wrong with 50 German Marys?

16 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Cleanest, I Picked Germany as when I was there in my army days the place was spotless, to me, if you dropped a bit of litter or cigarette butt on the ground and got nabbed by the law then it would have been an on the spot 50 Deutschemary fine and if you couldn't pay there and then, then you would end up in court and end up paying a 150 DM fine.

Have you been back since?

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Cleanest, I Picked Germany as when I was there in my army days the place was spotless, to me, if you dropped a bit of litter or cigarette butt on the ground and got nabbed by the law then it would have been an on the spot 50 Deutschemark fine and if you couldn't pay there and then, then you would end up in court and end up paying a 150 DM fine.

6 minutes ago, Toinho said:

What’s wrong with 50 German Marys?

Err?  :whistling:

Food: Italy. No contest.

Culture: Greece. 

Nightlife: Denmark (Copenhagen). Some fantastic jazz bars. 

History: Italy. Having studied classical civilianisation, I’m obsessed with Rome and Athens. All of Italy calls to me though.

Cleanliness: Sardinia. 

Natural beauty: Iceland. Waterfalls, Ice Shelf’s, standing on two tectonic plates, mountains, oceans, lakes, glaciers. It’s amazing.

29 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

From an old politics forum know a retired ex-soldier who was in Iraq yet spent a lot of time in Germany. They went for a drink one time in a local town and one of their number tried chatting with a girl and then it kicked off massively. Six of them against 8 locals. He got knocked out pretty quickly by a punch from behind. Police were called though no arrests as no-one wanted to press charges. Word on the street was the Germans they fought with were criminals.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Waylander said:

From an old politics forum know a retired ex-soldier who was in Iraq yet spent a lot of time in Germany. They went for a drink one time in a local town and one of their number tried chatting with a girl and then it kicked off massively. Six of them against 8 locals. He got knocked out pretty quickly by a punch from behind. Police were called though no arrests as no-one wanted to press charges. Word on the street was the Germans they fought with were criminals.

The only places we steered clear of and were banned by our Regiment were Turkish bars, I guarantee you that if you sneaked in one for a pint you would either get into a fight or even get stabbed

Food: Greece, absolutely love Greek food.

Culture: going to have to be Greece again, love how relaxed some of the little fishing ports are. The food in these places is something else. Fresh fish, salads... its just amazing.

Nightlife: I've been to Amsterdam with the lads god knows how many times and it's easily my favourite night outs of my life.

History: London, love my countries capital, so many sites to see that makes it so much better than any other city for history.

Cleanliness: Not to sure to be honest, I'd say the America, been a few places never scruffy or dirty.

Natural beauty: I'd go for the few times I've been to Egypy in their ocean, took some boat trips in the Ocean around the coral and felt like I was blown away by the sea life and coral and vast ocean around me. I actually had to take a moment on the water to actually believe what I was seeing underneath me.

Archived