The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 0-1 Man City - Thursday 5th January, 2023

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 20.00

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png     VS     1200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
09/11/2022 - Man City 2-0 Chelsea (EFL Cup)
15/01/2022 - Man City 1-0 Chelsea
25/09/2021 - Chelsea 0-1 Man City

Recent Form
Chelsea - DWLLL
Man City - DWWLW

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Was it ever 'off' for City?

Never. Bit of a weird statement that previously tbh.

It's the one team in the Country you can never write off, especially when they have the chance to play Arsenal twice and beat them twice still.

But I'd still make Arsenal slight favourites as it stands.

53 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It's the one team in the Country you can never write off, especially when they have the chance to play Arsenal twice and beat them twice still.

I'd still make Man City favourites to be honest. 

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

A draw wouldn't surprise me, we couldn't even put Everton away at home last game 🤣

Regardless.... Just need this season to come to a close, hope we can bring in some decent reinforcements to add some much needed energy to the midfield and maybe, just maybe go on a run of sorts before the season comes to an end.. This season has been underwhelming, a late flourish might offer some hope for the future but right now I don't plan on holding my breath... 

9 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Regardless.... Just need this season to come to a close, hope we can bring in some decent reinforcements to add some much needed energy to the midfield and maybe, just maybe go on a run of sorts before the season comes to an end.. This season has been underwhelming, a late flourish might offer some hope for the future but right now I don't plan on holding my breath... 

So, what are you thoughts and @Cicero on Sterling, what you expected? ..i found him decent but frustrating at times especially Infront of goal

Just now, Happy Blue said:

So, what are you thoughts and @Cicero on Sterling, what you expected? ..i found him decent but frustrating at times especially Infront of goal

Just looks uninterested to be honest. No urgency in his play and makes some careless decisions you'd expect from a 20 year old. Moment Potter arrived his form went downhill. 

I'd personally put him on the bench. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Just looks uninterested to be honest. No urgency in his play and makes some careless decisions you'd expect from a 20 year old. Moment Potter arrived his form went downhill. 

I'd personally put him on the bench. 

Pep didn't like his attitude at times too

8 hours ago, Lucas said:

man city haven't been good, got hammered by Brentford and drew to Everton at home in recent fixtures.   City look vulnerable defensively

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

A draw wouldn't surprise me, we couldn't even put Everton away at home last game 🤣

You'll turn the heat on whenever you'll feel like, and I doubt Pep walked away from that Everton game without a plan for the next one. 

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

You'll turn the heat on whenever you'll feel like, and I doubt Pep walked away from that Everton game without a plan for the next one. 

Pep's excuse for the Everton draw was he wasnt happy with some of the players in training so they didnt start that game. think we are lacking some hunger this season, winning the title 3 years running wont be easy

• The title was changed to Chelsea 0-1 Man City - Thursday 5th January, 2023
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived