talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 2-2 Leeds - Wednesday 8th February, 2023

football forums

• Administrator

Kick-off 20.00

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png        VS      1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
20/02/2022 - Leeds 2-4 Man Utd
14/08/2021 - Man Utd 5-1 Leeds
25/04/2021 - Leeds 0-0 Man Utd

Recent Form
Man Utd - WWWWL
Leeds - LWDWL

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've no idea how the players will react given there is no one new in the post just yet but I don't really expect anything from the game. Why would you when you've had 2 wins in 17?

The only hope you carry is that it's against them lot and it gives the players an extra spring in their step from this awful, awful run to prove something to the fans because they know what this one means to us.

To be fair, them lot love playing us because we don't low block against them. They aren't the best in combating defensive sides but unfortunately thats just not in our nature.

I can't see us setting up drastically different to what we know so you would expect goals given there's been 20 in 4 games and one of them was 0-0. 

I want to see a bit more width from us. We have exciting tricky wingers, Gnonto looks a star, Sinisterra is skillful, even Summerville looks a threat. Spread the pitch, drop this narrow shit and go at their full backs. 

And someone needs to support Bamford and make runs off him so he's not isolated against two shithouse centrebacks.

As predicted, we've gone gung ho with Gnonto, Harrison and Sinisterra behind Bamford. 

Weston McKennie debut alongside Adams.

Its going to be very open. Don't fancy Ayling or Struijk against Rashford and Garnacho, get your money on a booking for either.

Was late putting a bet on a Leeds win. Already a goal up when I realised, 19/10 to win. Put it in a bet builder with a Tyler adams foul and a Rashford shot on target and under 3.5 goals. Hope Leeds hang on. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Anyone else think this "new manager bounce" stuff just shows how easily players down tools when things aren't going well?

Just look at how morale affects performance in the workplace. It’d be a much more intense version of that. It’s why coaches like Ancelotti succeed for the most part, his tactics and strategies aren’t anything special but players seem to love him. The opposite of someone like Biesla, elite tactics and strategy but can’t keep a player happy for life of him.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Anyone else think this "new manager bounce" stuff just shows how easily players down tools when things aren't going well?

We've had 11 chances mate. Garnacho missed two sitters and we should have done better with other efforts.

We need to take either Garnacho off and push Rashford to the left or take Weghorst off and go Rashford through the middle.

Sancho on either way. 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Not necessarily. Sometimes a team releasing itself from the staleness of ideas that weren't working can be enough. I think it's too easy to say players down tools. 

2 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Time to end the Weghorst experiment.

Last two games he's been poor, he can run all day but he just isn't getting the chances, in fact he's not get a single shot in which is a major concern.

Saying that we need a goal and he's a striker, I think I'd change Garnacho, he's still really raw and makes mistakes at key times.

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not necessarily. Sometimes a team releasing itself from the staleness of ideas that weren't working can be enough. I think it's too easy to say players down tools. 

I think a lot of people under estimate the mental toughness and determination it takes to be a professional footballer. You wouldn't make it if you gave up easily 

Archived