Recent Form
Liverpool - LLWDL
Everton - WLLLL 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
17 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Feeling that Liverpool are going to hammer them.

If Dyche wasn't in charge, I'd be inclined to agree. They're more defensively stable under him. If it was Lampard still in charge, I'd expect Liverpool to see this game as one to get back on track and comfortably beat Everton. 

Think we are going to lose this. I know, what an outlandish prediction. I think Dyche will have his team pressure us straight out of the gate, and unless those two days off have brought a miraculous reset, I can’t see us handling that pressure just like we didn’t against any other fucker this season. 

1-2

• Subscriber

Calvert-Lewin is a doubt, hasn't trained since Arsenal, and we already don't really score goals. I don't think we'll ship loads of goals here but I don't think we have more than one goal in us either without being too open.

A 0-0 would obviously be absolutely fine. Best-case scenario we nick a 0-1 from a set piece or something but we don't tend to get many best-case scenarios come to fruition at Anfield. But despite the poor season they're having, the scales still definitely tip toward a narrow Liverpool win. Especially after the Arsenal win, as long as we don't suffer a confidence-crushing type of loss, our season won't be dictated by this result. By picking up those bonus 3 points we're already ahead of where any of us expected by not being cut adrift in 20th before the Leeds, Villa, Arsenal, Forest, Brentford run which is more likely to decide how the back end of our season ends up looking.

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Calvert-Lewin is a doubt, hasn't trained since Arsenal, and we already don't really score goals. I don't think we'll ship loads of goals here but I don't think we have more than one goal in us either without being too open.

A 0-0 would obviously be absolutely fine. Best-case scenario we nick a 0-1 from a set piece or something but we don't tend to get many best-case scenarios come to fruition at Anfield. But despite the poor season they're having, the scales still definitely tip toward a narrow Liverpool win. Especially after the Arsenal win, as long as we don't suffer a confidence-crushing type of loss, our season won't be dictated by this result. By picking up those bonus 3 points we're already ahead of where any of us expected by not being cut adrift in 20th before the Leeds, Villa, Arsenal, Forest, Brentford run which is more likely to decide how the back end of our season ends up looking.

Our top scorer in 2023 plays for Leicester, so I wouldn't be too worried about us scoring with the form we're in.

I'm just glad this is on a Monday so this can't possibly ruin my weekend!

3 hours ago, Stan said:

John Brooks dropped as VAR official for this game after the error he made at Brighton/Palace game.

I haven't seen that one. It was a bad week for var. I can understand how they got ours wrong as so many things happened in the build up they lost track of it. He was only offside at the end.  There were two offsides I think in the build up but they weren't classed as interfering with play then a foul then a third offside. So a lot to take in. The west ham decision was very bad though and as I said not seen the Brighton one.

On 10/02/2023 at 14:34, OrangeKhrush said:

if Liverpool lose this the players better leave in armored vehicles, we know besieging players vehicles is a crowd favourite.

if liverpool lose, Klopp is on life support

This is exactly what I was thinking. If Liverpool lose this derby match against Everton at Anfield, then surely Klopp will most likely get the sack. Regardless of his great achievements in the past with Liverpool, this season has been really poor for them and I think if they lose against the Toffees, it could be the straw that breaks the camels back as far as Klopp's future at Liverpool is concerned.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I haven't seen that one. It was a bad week for var. I can understand how they got ours wrong as so many things happened in the build up they lost track of it. He was only offside at the end.  There were two offsides I think in the build up but they weren't classed as interfering with play then a foul then a third offside. So a lot to take in. The west ham decision was very bad though and as I said not seen the Brighton one.

Howler in the Brighton game. The lines were placed in the wrong position, alongside Tomkins. However, Guehi was further back, so if the lines were drawn correctly it would have meant the goal should have stood.

1 hour ago, Michael said:

This is exactly what I was thinking. If Liverpool lose this derby match against Everton at Anfield, then surely Klopp will most likely get the sack. Regardless of his great achievements in the past with Liverpool, this season has been really poor for them and I think if they lose against the Toffees, it could be the straw that breaks the camels back as far as Klopp's future at Liverpool is concerned.

I doubt it.

I can't see FSG sacking Klopp without having a replacement already lined up. They stuck with Rodgers until it was clear they'd land Klopp, and Klopp has a much higher credit score, so to speak, than Rodgers ever did with us- he's done enough where he can be afforded a bad season. I think most would sooner rather see a massive exodus of players than see Klopp leave.

2 hours ago, Michael said:

I think the earliest Klopp leaves is the summer, but due to his 1 title & the crazy high points 2nd places, he probably gets a chance to rebuild in the summer. 

Potter would almost certainly go if Chelsea spent just 1 week in the bottom 10. And it would make it interesting if Liverpool reached that area. But seems highly doubtful any side will make that happen, regardless how Liverpool & Chelsea do.

• Subscriber

I really think Klopp has that relationship with Liverpool that he's almost unsackable and he'd probably walk himself if things got bad enough for long enough for it to be under consideration.

Anyway, massive opportunity for Ellis Simms who starts tonight.

With no Calvert-Lewin, it's really hard to see us threatening properly here and it makes it even more of a free hit. Never like losing to these but if we end up with a narrow defeat with some positives in the performance then it's not the end of the world.

If Liverpool were to lose this would fans start turning on Klopp? Hard to envisage that ever happening but there's only so long fans will watch their team consistently under-perform.

I think Everton will be tough to break down but I do think Liverpool may edge it, can't see many goals though.

17 minutes ago, Stan said:

Come on, Liverpool. One job tonight. 

Mate for your own sanity, do not depend on the 22/23 LFC in any way possible. The form we're in is abysmal and there's no sign of us turning it around any time soon. Our midfield is absolute dogshit at present and Thiago is out injured for 4 weeks (minimum), I wouldn't expect anything resembling a competent performance.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Mate for your own sanity, do not depend on the 22/23 LFC in any way possible. The form we're in is abysmal and there's no sign of us turning it around any time soon. Our midfield is absolute dogshit at present and Thiago is out injured for 4 weeks (minimum), I wouldn't expect anything resembling a competent performance.

"LFC" :dam:

Archived