talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Turkey & Syria Earthquake

football forum

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shocking news, to be honest I think it had been feared for a while now. Highly unlikely anyone is going to come out alive after this long and there's still so many people unaccounted for. It's absolutely heart-breaking to look in from the outside so god only knows how the people with family members and friends missing must feel.

• Subscriber
46 minutes ago, N U F C said:

Shocking news, to be honest I think it had been feared for a while now. Highly unlikely anyone is going to come out alive after this long and there's still so many people unaccounted for. It's absolutely heart-breaking to look in from the outside so god only knows how the people with family members and friends missing must feel.

Yesterday, they rescued two persons that spent over 11 days under the rubble; it's nothing short of a miracle to me, as like you said, the more time passes, the more unlikely it becomes.

Heart melting video.

Former Ghanian international footballer Christian Atsu has been found dead in Antakya, Turkey, at the age of 31. His body was found in the rubble almost two weeks after the deadly earthquake happened in Turkey. Atsu, who was contracted to Hatayspor, up until his death, also represented Porto, Chelsea, Newcastle United, Everton, Bournemouth and Malaga among other clubs during his career. Atsu had also played 65 times for the Ghana national team and he scored 9 international goals for them. He played for Ghana at the 2014 World Cup and also represented Ghana at 4 African Nations Cup competitions. 

My thoughts go out to his friends and family.

RIP Christian Atsu

Christian Atsu found dead after Turkey earthquake - BBC Sport

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Yesterday, they rescued two persons that spent over 11 days under the rubble; it's nothing short of a miracle to me, as like you said, the more time passes, the more unlikely it becomes.

Heart melting video.

My neighbours must be cutting onions again. 😢

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

That he was first reported safe, which later turned out to be false, must have been particularly cruel for his family and loved ones. 

Sad. RIP.

That was in relation to Atsu. Someone merged the topics and now it looks out of place. 

1 minute ago, Goku de la Boca said:

By the way I hope they identify that worker who said Atsu was alive a while back. Not only did he dupe everyone for something that wasn't true, but he also proved to be a racist by being one of those "all black people look the same" blokes.

That only disgusted me.

Fuck ups happen when there's complete chaos. I don't think it has anything to do with racism. 

• Administrator
45 minutes ago, Tommy said:

That was in relation to Atsu. Someone merged the topics and now it looks out of place. 

Only merged it and created a new topic because there was chat after Atsu with new threads, and don't think people saw the chat in the Other News topic. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Only merged it and created a new topic because there was chat after Atsu with new threads, and don't think people saw the chat in the Other News topic. 

Yea, understandable. Just made my post look a bit out of place. xD

Our corrupt PM who went to the disaster zones for some PR probably. Apparently the aid he brought was the same stuff Turkey sent earlier for the floods here last year, they just repackaged it. 

And an Israeli rescue team smuggled an old manuscript of Torah from a wreckage of a museum back to Israel. It has returned after Turkey complained.

5 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

Our corrupt PM who went to the disaster zones for some PR probably. Apparently the aid he brought was the same stuff Turkey sent earlier for the floods here last year, they just repackaged it. 

And an Israeli rescue team smuggled an old manuscript of Torah from a wreckage of a museum back to Israel. It has returned after Turkey complained.

https://twitter.com/WorldWarNow_/status/1627491424794189825

Archived