talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Gameweek 30 Fixtures - 8-9th April 2023

• Administrator

all kick-offs 15.00 (BST) unless stated

Saturday 8th April, 2023
Man Utd vs Everton, 12.30 (live on BT Sport)

Aston Villa vs Nottm Forest
Brentford vs Newcastle
Fulham vs West Ham
Leicester vs Bournemouth
Tottenham vs Brighton
Wolves vs Chelsea

Southampton vs Man City, 17.30 (live on Sky Sports)

Sunday 9th April, 2023
Leeds vs Crystal Palace, 14.00 (live on Sky Sports)

Liverpool vs Arsenal, 16.30 (live on Sky Sports)

Capture.JPG

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

This for me is our biggest league game since since 2016. I really do think our path will be revealed here - win it and I think we'll survive, don't, and I don't think we will.

It's all well and good having the kind fixtures, but if you can't take 3 points from this, I just don't see where else we're going to? Given we probably need to win 3/4 games. Probably 4 with us - because we don't draw games.

It's an absolute must win.

A damning reflection of the club that we're still having to turn to Sadler and Stowell. I could write a book on this last 18 months.

We need a win badly against Everton. I think Brighton will get something at Spurs so beat Everton and win the second game in hand and that could be considered a decent gap going into the last 7 games.

• Subscriber

Our rumoured XI is horrific. Surely they can't be serious. It contains both Amartey and Soumare, Ricardo on the wing.

I just about fancied us to scrape this (although we don't ever tend to scrape games so fuck knows why, randomness is my only justification) but if the rumoured XI is true I think we'll get beaten.

If we don't win this they're going to panic and appoint somebody like Marsch. I'm at a point where I'd take Allardyce until May.

14 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He's said he wouldn't be allowed to referee any matches for the bottom 3 if Newcastle are in a relegation battle, so I don't see why it shouldn't be the same while Newcastle aren't shit tbh.

he said that two years ago and you would expect referees to be professional and impartial.   I don't see the furore when Kavanagh a devote man United fan referee'd a quarter final against Fulham.

the idea that a referee will sabotage his license to screw another team over is something the sun will spin

9 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

he said that two years ago and you would expect referees to be professional and impartial.   I don't see the furore when Kavanagh a devote man United fan referee'd a quarter final against Fulham.

the idea that a referee will sabotage his license to screw another team over is something the sun will spin

He’s from Manchester. That’s it. Absolute made up story that he supports either United or Citeh.

• The topic was pinned
1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

He’s from Manchester. That’s it. Absolute made up story that he supports either United or Citeh.

Michael Oliver has been the referee in the following Man United games: 

22 August: Man United v Liverpool -  Man united won 2-1

25 January Forest vs Man United - Caraboa Cup SF Man United won 3-0 

I think he is definitely out to screw you guys

15 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Michael Oliver has been the referee in the following Man United games: 

22 August: Man United v Liverpool -  Man united won 2-1

25 January Forest vs Man United - Caraboa Cup SF Man United won 3-0 

I think he is definitely out to screw you guys

I’ve never said he was? If anything, I think referees are likely to over correct against the team that they ‘support’.

1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Martial is on the lazier side but he can finish. He'd have bagged a few in the first half.

Yeah he'd have scored given those chances.

Antony is so frustrating.

Bournemouth are leading 1 nil away to Leicester City at half-time. With both teams battling to avoid relegation, a loss for either side would be a huge blow to their ambitions of remaining in the Premier League. Bournemouth are well worth their lead, on the evidence of their 1st half performance. Leicester City will really need to up their performance in the 2nd half, to get something out of this match.

15 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Wish this season would be done and dusted already.... We are lacking everything, Focus, effort, intelligence and of course goals... 

Chelsea have been extremely erratic this season. With the players they have, they should be performing much better and being consistent with their good performances. There's really little for them to gain in the league at this stage of the season anyway. They should put all their efforts in going as far as possible in the Champions League and prepare properly over the summer, in order to perform much better in the Premier League next season.

It was Newcastle vs Chris Kavanagh today,  after a legitimate first penalty,  Pope saved Toney's spot kick,  the second penalty was an absolute joke considering it was the same as last weekend when bruno kicked schar and was not given a penalty.    

In the second half in the first 30 minutes we over-ran them and got two goals,  then had a third ruled out for a high arm handball after a 3rd VAR called for Brentfords help.    

Kavanagh gave all the cards to one team ,  shocking officiating.

2-1 win,  will take that and move on 

Archived