talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Gameweek 30 Fixtures - 8-9th April 2023

• Subscriber

I think Rodgers obviously has a massive portion of the blame for this decline but we can't hide behind it now. I remember Ranieri being not far off as inept in 2017 but his departure seemed to create a genuine bounce, a siege mentality, I think it stung them that we were being hammered for sacking him.

There was a bit more effort against Villa but that earlier was honestly unbelievable. I went to watch Stoke v Bristol City yesterday as a neutral (though not really, Pearson loyal etc) and I'm not exagerrating when I say both of them looked better than us. These are two midtable Championship teams in an essential dead rubber.

All we seem to have done post Rodgers is retreat even further. More ridiculous lineups. More cowardly tactics. There's been absolutely no lift at all. Our only hope of survival is if Marsch's positivity genuinely rubs off on the players and they gain some confidence back, but I am massively clutching at anything I can do here and to be honest Leeds fans' assessments of him worry the fuck out of me. But confidence is only part of it - I don't think the majority are bothered. They know they're getting out of here in the summer and their futures will be secured.

We need an overhaul at so many levels. The fact they waited until April to sack Rodgers after absolutely months of utter shit, even worse given we just had two weeks of an international break to get properly prepared for the run-in yet they blinked after a totally predictable loss at Palace, with no succession plan in place. Who at the club genuinely cares about it? Who at the club holds any standards? Who is accountable for all of this?

If this owner wasn't related to Vichai he'd be given absolute barrels. I would go as far as saying his performance has been no better than Mike Ashley. He's inherited virtually everything good that happened in the first couple of years and everything else has gone to bits.

If we try to bounce back up next season and we still have the same heads in important positions then we've no chance. Rudkin is a total fraud and needs fucking off. I've long suspected he was a clown. I genuinely think his knowledge of the game is less than mine. I bet he'd never heard of De Zerbi before Brighton appointed him the twat.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

I was just fishing mate lol  ..i've no doubt Haaland will be the greatest goal scorer the Prem has ever seen though

If he stays then I have to sadly agree.

Also helps playing in such a great side to be fair.

listening to the football terrace yesterday and the chelsea fans wanting to go to a 5-3-2 again is just the state of decay that chelsea fc are in.   To build a team based on a defensive and notoriously difficult to master formation which requires a specific kind of player to work is foolhardy.  Outside of Brentford no club trying to use a 5-3-2 has been successful and I lump spurs into it as they have Kane who can make it work but the rest of the team is laughably not suited to it.   Brentford have built their team perfectly to suit the system,  it is anchored on one of the best target men in game to be effective but the wingbacks and midfield all suit the ruggedness needed to make the system work.   For Chelsea its a system to suit Reece James,  even if it hurts the rest of their attacking players.

Every other top side is playing a interchangeable 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3.   Chelsea could be far more effective in attack with a more attacking setup.  

-----------------------------GK-------------------------------

James---------Sillva------Bendishile---Chilwel

--------------------------Kante------------------------------

------------------Enzo---------Mount--------------------

Sterling-----------------------------------------Mudryk

--------------------------Felix--------------------------------

Enzo can play that hybrid (8/6) roll well and Mount operates more in the role that Thiago did for Liverpool last season.  While Felix is not the best option for a 9 he is infinitely better than that pond scum Havartz. 

10 hours ago, Devil said:

He's absolutely amazing but it's not a touch on Rooney's.

First of all he had age to think about it, second it was closer. Rooney's was one of the greatest goal moments in English football history.

I'd say that without biased as well.

Are we talking about the Rooney one that hit his shin?:ph34r:

18 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Are we talking about the Rooney one that hit his shin?:ph34r:

Shin or no shin that's the best overhead kick I've seen in the Premier league. The power and accuracy was incredible.

Not to mention it won a Derby.

In my opinion the Rooney one was far harder,  further out, the ball was whipped in from deep and wide,  this was a dink in the box and easily flighted into him,  while the Nani cross was moving away from Rooney.  In terms of iconic goals the Rooney goal is far better. 

Even harder skilled one

Even mere mortals score them

17 hours ago, Storts said:

We absolutely robbed Brighton today. Comical. Attwell is the worst ref in the business 

Just got round to watching MOTD... wtf was that. 

It's cliche to say a game was a fix but that was honestly one of the most fixed looking games I've ever seen.

6 hours ago, Devil said:

If he stays then I have to sadly agree.

Also helps playing in such a great side to be fair.

When you got an assist king like De Bruyne its going to help alot. Shame kevs not 10 years younger but he's got a few seasons left with Haaland yet

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

When you got an assist king like De Bruyne its going to help alot. Shame kevs not 10 years younger but he's got a few seasons left with Haaland yet

One of the best for me is De Bruyne, I loved his remark in an interview about Haaland's goal...

On Haaland's spectacular second, the Belgian joked: "You will never see me do that! You can get me to Southampton hospital if I do that!"   :rofl:

Something clearly very wrong with Palace under Vieira, though obviously Roy is experiencing new manager/old manager back bounce. Does make you wonder though about the board and the level of foresight at the club

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Inverted said:

Just got round to watching MOTD... wtf was that. 

It's cliche to say a game was a fix but that was honestly one of the most fixed looking games I've ever seen.

I really do wonder if it'll all come out in scandal one day. Now that you have actual video refereeing and you're still expected to just pretend this is acceptable. Funny how it's a result that falls exactly to stop the lesser club dining at the top table too. Makes you think.

How the fuck are we going to buy a whole new midfield and a whole new defense? This back 4 is shit and so is whoever we can put in midfield.

We aren’t, so I’m sure next season will be more of the same bullshit.

2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

One of the best for me is De Bruyne, I loved his remark in an interview about Haaland's goal...

On Haaland's spectacular second, the Belgian joked: "You will never see me do that! You can get me to Southampton hospital if I do that!"   :rofl:

Yeah, was funny ha

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How the fuck are we going to buy a whole new midfield and a whole new defense? This back 4 is shit and so is whoever we can put in midfield.

We aren’t, so I’m sure next season will be more of the same bullshit.

Klopp's got to go, it's a train wreck now

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Klopp's got to go, it's a train wreck now

I’d rather see all the people at FSG blow their brains out on live TV.

Them and the players are more to blame than the man who got us good after being intolerably shit after Hodgson and Rodgers.

Arsenal kinda giving Spain vibes when we played them. Diving around and panicking when technically they should have nothing to worry about.

There's no reason to be doing this when you could just comfortably outplay the opposition. 

Archived