• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Football League 2017/18 - 12-13th August

Recommended Posts

Saturday 12th August 

Screenshot_20170812-004748~01.png

Screenshot_20170812-004755~01.png

Screenshot_20170812-004806~01.png

Sunday 13th August 

Screenshot_20170812-004819~01.png
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big crowd in for the first home league game of the season which should give the team a hell of a boost. Two games so far, two wins and 7 goals scored, there's a lot to be optimistic about right now.

We should be looking to win our home games and we're probably favourites against Preston but they are a very handy side and I'm taking nothing for granted.

Just hope we can keep the momentum going and make it 2 wins from 2 in the league. It'll be another tight one if we do. Will have to keep checking the score whilst at a wedding tomorrow which isn't ideal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big game today, first time Warburton comes back to the club. His return will be a mix of applause and boos but the important thing is 3 points

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Danny said:

Big game today, first time Warburton comes back to the club. His return will be a mix of applause and boos but the important thing is 3 points

Why will he get boos?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Large said:

Why will he get boos?

Because he isn't super Dean Smith who has Brentford on the absolute brink of the Premier League :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fulham down to 10 in the first minute xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taxi for Bruce and his fucking awful tactics, Lansbury is utter cack and for the love of christ stop playing that fat cunt Agbonlahor 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cardiff could come up. Said it since pre-season. Look at Warnock's record in the last two years, both taking over sides who were near the bottom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 games in maybe too soon but this is criminal from Bruce, nothing has change the same problems look worse from last season and they all look unfit. It's at the very least deeply unprofessional. Scott Hogan just looks so frustrated in a Villa shirt, i feel for him he's under a manager that see's we're not getting service to him but fucking ignores it anyway, I was 60/40 on him after Hull, it's now 90-95% just sack the cunt. He's had ten months and i'm still not aware what his game plan is, sadly neither are the fucking players, the only time he comes to life must be when a snack wagon rolls into bodymoor heath, fucking piss take as usual. joke of a fucking club we'll be mid table at best unless we sack this cunt sharpish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keeping Bruce now would be like continuing to use Bill Cosby as your pharmacist even though you keep waking up with a sore arse.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Full Time - 3-0 to us and I did not see that coming. The scoreline flattered Villa simply because we could have easily had at least three more if it wasn't for Johnstone. The pace from Hoilett, Zohore and Mendez-Laing caused Villa all sorts of problems at the back (especially Hutton who needs to stop robbing a living as a footballer) and bar the Hogan chance at the beginning of the game and the chance that hit the bar at the beginning of the second half, we didn't really look that threatened from Villa, which was very surprising.

Other than Bennett and Ralls, I thought everyone was very good today, especially Mendez-Laing who looks like a very good signing already (and for nowt). 

Only two games gone so can't get ahead of ourselves but if we can play like that consistently and defend well, we may have an outside shot of promotion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doncaster were there for the taking in the first half, but we were slow and unpredictable with very little movement in attack. Ward makes a dreadful individual mistake to gift them their first goal within seconds of the second half and from then on two further mistakes mean two simple goals for them. Life in League One has so far been dire, the only bright spot has been Samuel scoring 2 goals in 2 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leeds failing to score let me down for £75.

As far as I am concerned @Lucas owes me that money :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How bad is the level of the Championship? :219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake: Martyn Waghorn scores for Ipswich this week after Joe Garner scored last week. Horrific footballers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

2 games in maybe too soon but this is criminal from Bruce, nothing has change the same problems look worse from last season and they all look unfit. It's at the very least deeply unprofessional. Scott Hogan just looks so frustrated in a Villa shirt, i feel for him he's under a manager that see's we're not getting service to him but fucking ignores it anyway, I was 60/40 on him after Hull, it's now 90-95% just sack the cunt. He's had ten months and i'm still not aware what his game plan is, sadly neither are the fucking players, the only time he comes to life must be when a snack wagon rolls into bodymoor heath, fucking piss take as usual. joke of a fucking club we'll be mid table at best unless we sack this cunt sharpish.

I am surprised at how he's done so far, I think it's early days this season but there seems to be little cohesion so far. He bought a fair few of his favourites at Hull but they tended to be quite young, he seems to taking on old pros and I'm not sure they've got it anymore. Villa are a massive club and will go up sooner or later whoever manages you but it's a shame to see Bruce struggling as he did a lot for us.

As for the Hull, mighty today, once they went down to 10 men. I think we'll be alright this season, top 10 at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Large said:

Why will he get boos?

Because after it became apparent he was leaving the same journalist who has written every story on him from Us to Forest continued to slag us off in the press, giving the club and the owner a bad name.

Again he got us promoted but had his hand in souring a good relationship at the end. I wouldn't boo personally but that's football, I wouldn't sing his name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I am surprised at how he's done so far, I think it's early days this season but there seems to be little cohesion so far. He bought a fair few of his favourites at Hull but they tended to be quite young, he seems to taking on old pros and I'm not sure they've got it anymore. Villa are a massive club and will go up sooner or later whoever manages you but it's a shame to see Bruce struggling as he did a lot for us.

As for the Hull, mighty today, once they went down to 10 men. I think we'll be alright this season, top 10 at least.

I'd say I'm not far wrong in guessing he has the tactical input of a bloke picking a match day squad, setting his substitutions for a specific time and selecting the fastest match simulation on a 05 version of championship manager. I wish I was wrong but that's about it, his post match comments of ""We didn't do enough of the basics. We looked fragile every time they broke on us" pretty much sums it up. 10 months in millions of pounds spent and the championship specialist hasn't got a scooby. It's exactly what happened after January last year but several players chuck them on the pitch and wait ten games until they find their stride, fucking scandalous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Danny said:

Because after it became apparent he was leaving the same journalist who has written every story on him from Us to Forest continued to slag us off in the press, giving the club and the owner a bad name.

Again he got us promoted but had his hand in souring a good relationship at the end. I wouldn't boo personally but that's football, I wouldn't sing his name.

I think your thread needs renaming the Road to League One...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Toony said:

I think your thread needs renaming the Road to League One...

Or League 2 at this rate 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

It's because Smith fancies the soon to be vacant Villa Job 

He's already turned you down mate 🙈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Danny said:

He's already turned you down mate 🙈

He's a known Villa fan mate, I was teasing you as he's never been offered 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

He's a known Villa fan mate, I was teasing you as he's never been offered 

I know mate, joking with ya ain't I. I don't think he was offered but he publically denied interest so that was good enough for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Danny said:

I know mate, joking with ya ain't I. I don't think he was offered but he publically denied interest so that was good enough for me

To be fair I'd take him at present, that hiding we had last year was probably the best team performance I saw last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 6:33 PM, HoneyNUFC said:

Leeds failing to score let me down for £75.

As far as I am concerned @Lucas owes me that money :ph34r:

I apologise.

I'll send you the money now via pigeon mail. Don't worry too much if you find you're waiting a while for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:26 PM, Danny said:

Because after it became apparent he was leaving the same journalist who has written every story on him from Us to Forest continued to slag us off in the press, giving the club and the owner a bad name.

Again he got us promoted but had his hand in souring a good relationship at the end. I wouldn't boo personally but that's football, I wouldn't sing his name.

Are you saying the journalist slagged Brentford off or Warbs did?

I think it would be outrageous for any Brentford fan to boo Warbs. The guy did a lot for the club, and dragged a lot of it into the 21st century. In my opinion the club and Benham's firm handled thjs situation quite poorly. Warbs has been nothing but professional about it all, and he has plenty to bitch about if he was so inclined.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement