talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jordan Henderson Moves to Al Ettifaq

football forum

1 minute ago, Spike said:

It's the terms of the agreement cunt now sign your fucking soul over.

I feel like it would also be torture for Gary Neville managing us for eternity on our way to the quadruple each year. Probably worth it for that alone tbh.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I feel like it would also be torture for Gary Neville managing us for eternity on our way to the quadruple each year. Probably worth it for that alone tbh.

An eternity of Neville being smug that he is the greatest manager of all time, you wished for it.

I’m very disappointed, I didn’t think he would have made this sort of move. Concerning that we maybe lose another two midfielders along with the ones already gone. A lot to do in the next month. 

22 minutes ago, Rick said:

I’m very disappointed, I didn’t think he would have made this sort of move. Concerning that we maybe lose another two midfielders along with the ones already gone. A lot to do in the next month. 

Let's have it right he wouldn't make this move would he if it wasn't for the fact by doing this he can effectively live the most incredible life beyond retirement without the need to drag his arse around punditry or another job.

Whilst 200k a week sets you up for life it doesn't maintain the next 30 to 40 years without the need to find some sort of income.

That may sound crazy to us but maintaining the lifestyle they have isn't possible without that money coming in weekly.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Devil said:

Let's have it right he wouldn't make this move would he if it wasn't for the fact by doing this he can effectively live the most incredible life beyond retirement without the need to drag his arse around punditry or another job.

Whilst 200k a week sets you up for life it doesn't maintain the next 30 to 40 years without the need to find some sort of income.

That may sound crazy to us but maintaining the lifestyle they have isn't possible without that money coming in weekly.

Make sound investments now and you can still at yourself up for life. Shouldn't need a moral-destroying move to Saudi to help that. 

Half a million pounds (thereabouts) each month. 

£6m a year. 

If that can't get you sorted for post-football then there's something wrong with how they've managed their money. 

For the bigger picture, I think every young player on pro deals at a very early age should have some money management courses or some financial advisor supporting them. Might go some way to stopping the gambling problems and bankruptcy once the money stops... 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Devil said:

He's already got life changing money that if managed correctly would have his family set for generations. And he's got the money to hire the sorts of financial advisors that would likely take his wealth and make that a possibility for him.

It's easy for people like you, or I, or @Stan and @Storts, or any of us on the forum to trade our morals for an insane amount of money. We're all normal people, that kind of money would set our families up for generations. I fault normal people much less for taking money from these people, despite the lack of morals in making that decision because... well I'm pretty sure none of us are multimillionaires.

But I certainly can fault multimillionaires who've taken very public stances for trading their values for the chance at more money with relative ease. The only player I wouldn't fault for taking Saudi money is Mane tbh, but that's only because he gives so much of his money back to his hometown. It'd basically be Saudi Arabia funding a town in Senegal. That's not the case with Henderson and the £700k he's set a week to make for trading his values to move there though.

13 minutes ago, Stan said:

Make sound investments now and you can still at yourself up for life. Shouldn't need a moral-destroying move to Saudi to help that. 

Half a million pounds (thereabouts) each month. 

£6m a year. 

If that can't get you sorted for post-football then there's something wrong with how they've managed their money. 

For the bigger picture, I think every young player on pro deals at a very early age should have some money management courses or some financial advisor supporting them. Might go some way to stopping the gambling problems and bankruptcy once the money stops... 

Buy a block of homes, charge rent, make money from now until eternity. Simple as.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Spike said:

Buy a block of homes, charge rent, make money from now until eternity. Simple as.

Yep. Property investment is what I thought of, build a portfolio. Get someone to manage it for you but ultimately its a big income stream. 

I just don't see the justification for the Saudi move. 

13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He's already got life changing money that if managed correctly would have his family set for generations. And he's got the money to hire the sorts of financial advisors that would likely take his wealth and make that a possibility for him.

It's easy for people like you, or I, or @Stan and @Storts, or any of us on the forum to trade our morals for an insane amount of money. We're all normal people, that kind of money would set our families up for generations. I fault normal people much less for taking money from these people, despite the lack of morals in making that decision because... well I'm pretty sure none of us are multimillionaires.

But I certainly can fault multimillionaires who've taken very public stances for trading their values for the chance at more money with relative ease. The only player I wouldn't fault for taking Saudi money is Mane tbh, but that's only because he gives so much of his money back to his hometown. It'd basically be Saudi Arabia funding a town in Senegal. That's not the case with Henderson and the £700k he's set a week to make for trading his values to move there though.

I’d shove a boomerang up your arsehole and chuck you at a brick wall for Saudi money 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yep. Property investment is what I thought of, build a portfolio. Get someone to manage it for you but ultimately its a big income stream. 

I just don't see the justification for the Saudi move. 

Even Trump only needed a small loan of $1,000,000

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

none because they are not affiliated to UEFA

Money talks. It wouldn't be unprecedented either, as Australia were allowed to move from OFC to AFC a few years ago. Not being in Europe wouldn't necessarily be a barrier either given that nations such as Israel and Kazakhstan compete in UEFA competitions.

• The title was changed to Jordan Henderson Moves to Al Ettifaq