talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jordan Henderson Moves to Al Ettifaq

football forum

6 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Money talks. It wouldn't be unprecedented either, as Australia were allowed to move from OFC to AFC a few years ago. Not being in Europe wouldn't necessarily be a barrier either given that nations such as Israel and Kazakhstan compete in UEFA competitions.

A small percentage of Kazakhstan's territory is actually within Europe, similar to the situation with Turkey, despite the majority of their populations being Middle-Easterners and Central Asians. But they do have claims geographically to be a part of Europe. However, Israel is a member of UEFA purely down to political reasons.

31 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Apparently Ettifaq's transfer budget is only £13m despite them wanting to pay him £700k a week - so I don't think this is going to happen anymore

I think they've gone all Joker from Dark Knight and just wanted to show they can corrupt anybody.

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think they've gone all Joker from Dark Knight and just wanted to show they can corrupt anybody.

Honestly that makes more sense than offering a player £700k but not being prepared to offer more than £10m to the selling club.

4 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

they can reduce the salary to 500k and pay 20-25m which is more than Henderson is worth

Nah he’s our captain and we’ve just had a huge midfield shuffle & it looks like we’ve accepted the bid for Fabinho from one of the PIF owned clubs in the league - he’s worth more to us than these jokers have to pay, even though we won’t be paying him £700k a week.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nah he’s our captain and we’ve just had a huge midfield shuffle & it looks like we’ve accepted the bid for Fabinho from one of the PIF owned clubs in the league - he’s worth more to us than these jokers have to pay, even though we won’t be paying him £700k a week.

it was Henderson or Fabinho,  I guess Trent is back to right back which seems very scary

18 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

it was Henderson or Fabinho,  I guess Trent is back to right back which seems very scary

He’ll probably be playing right back the same way he did at the end of the season, so it’s not that scary.

On 13/07/2023 at 15:55, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s pretty shit when the last 2 captains we have are players I love but I’ve lost so much respect for Gerrard, palling around with known cartel members & now selling himself for this regime… and it looks like Henderson’s going there.

Hope we can extract a kings ransom out of these dickheads at least. 

So you despise them and everything they stand for... but happy to take their dirty money?

Sound.

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

You think he is happy about this? xD 

Nope... cant have it both ways though mate.

You can't say "I've lost all respect for Hendo moving to them murdering bastards"

And then say "hope we get as much money as we can from them murdering bastards"

Edited by LFCMadLad

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

You can't say "I've lost all respect for Hendo moving to them murdering bastards"

Sure you can? What is the alternative? Let it happen for free? At least something good can be made from a bad situation. Life isn’t fatalistic and black/white thinking isn’t productive.

15 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Eh? 

Saying that you hoping the club fleece somebody you hate is not hypocritical in the slightest. 

9 minutes ago, Rick said:

Eh? 

Saying that you hoping the club fleece somebody you hate is not hypocritical in the slightest. 

Isn't it?

Maybe it's just me.. but I'm not comfortable going against everything they are, but then happy to take their money. 

It's morals and opinions... no big deal. 

20 minutes ago, Spike said:

Sure you can? What is the alternative? Let it happen for free? At least something good can be made from a bad situation. Life isn’t fatalistic and black/white thinking isn’t productive.

I'm open to everyone's opinion mate.. im not trying to start a fight.

It's just how I feel. 

26 minutes ago, Stan said:

Would you rather someone go on the cheap to an enemy, or rather you rip them off for as much as you can?

All I know is.. I can't slag off them horrible murdering cunts.. but then be happy accepting their filthy horrible money.

Each to their own tho. As I said, it's only opinions. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

All I know is.. I can't slag off them horrible murdering cunts.. but then be happy accepting their filthy horrible money.

Each to their own tho. As I said, it's only opinions. 

I don't think it's 'accepting' the money, but if they're paying it, might as well rinse them for as much as possible.

Agree it's all opinions!

54 minutes ago, Stan said:

I don't think it's 'accepting' the money, but if they're paying it, might as well rinse them for as much as possible.

Agree it's all opinions!

Yeah it is mate. Just does my head in when people claim to be anti sport washing, horrible evil bastards in one post, but then wanting sport washing horrible evil bastards money the next. 

In my eyes it's one or the.other.

Again, just my feelings on the matter.. doesn't make me right. 

• The title was changed to Jordan Henderson Moves to Al Ettifaq