talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 3 - 25-27th August, 2023

football forum

36 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The idea of Kai Havertz is much more appealing than the reality.

The idea of Kai Havertz wasn't even that appealing. No one could figure out why we were going for him and we still can't figure out why we did. He just doesn't fit. And we're moving players around to make him fit.

An option off the bench that can fill in for a number of positions is the best place for him right now and even then Trossard & Vieira are better options.

49 minutes ago, 6666 said:

The idea of Kai Havertz wasn't even that appealing. No one could figure out why we were going for him and we still can't figure out why we did. He just doesn't fit. And we're moving players around to make him fit.

An option off the bench that can fill in for a number of positions is the best place for him right now and even then Trossard & Vieira are better options.

He's such a confusing player, I'm really confused what people see in him.

He's one of those players you can't pin point a position he excels in.

I just don’t know who from Arsenal has watched Havertz during his time in England and thought “that’s a bit of me”. It’s confusing to say the least. Awful bit of business. 

Edited by Rick

7 hours ago, Danny said:

It’s comical at this point lol. It’s like theres a degree of shared physicality where we will think we’ve out run or out-sprinted each other and then wam, someone catches up

Every game has been so different which what makes it more funny. Its just two good managers playing chess at the right moment. 

If this carrys on for another three games I'm happy to pay for a golden shovel joke outside the front of one our lawns when someone eventually wins.

Brighton played far better than losing 3-1 at home would suggest. But, also, West Ham were always far better than league position last season. Nothing either of those sides do would surprise me.

Man United did another off the title race Man United performance. Plenty to show why they will not quite be after the title. But also why they remain so incredibly difficult to get the better of, especially at Old Trafford, for any lower than them.

Spurs are looking like a decent team.

Martinez out with a supposedly mild injury. Olsen worries the Villa fans. Sadly he does always seem nervy, or just with a mistake or 2 in him. Bailey drops to the bench, for an extra defender, in wing back formation. Or Cash ahead of Konsa down the right. Compensating for Martinez absence? Or putting a bit of respect & caution on Burnley (a) ?

• The topic was unpinned