talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber

You know every interview I have seen with this guy reminds me of how quiet he actually is vs how lit up he is on a pitch. I like him and I hope he closes his career with us. Good attitude, willing to bust a lung to get things done and doesn't engage in frivolous topics of discussion when quizzed by the media. 

• Upvote 1

On 25/05/2022 at 22:24, Dr. Gonzo said:

r/LiverpoolFC - Just for Meme purpose.

I'll surprised Jurgen winning got a mixed reaction. There was over five candidates this year that were being discussed as potential winners and he was one of them. I think some people are so stubborn in there viewpoint that it clouds later judgement.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'll surprised Jurgen winning got a mixed reaction. There was over five candidates this year that were being discussed as potential winners and he was one of them. I think some people are so stubborn in there viewpoint that it clouds later judgement.

Not just that, but people will pick holes in anything desperate to find an angle just so they can disagree.

I saw an arguement on Talksport the other day saying how could Klopp win it when Liverpool were actually top of the table less days than Chelsea, Tottenham and Man Utd, and won two cup finals without winning the actual match.

That's some serious clutching.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Not just that, but people will pick holes in anything desperate to find an angle just so they can disagree.

I saw an arguement on Talksport the other day saying how could Klopp win it when Liverpool were actually top of the table less days than Chelsea, Tottenham and Man Utd, and won two cup finals without winning the actual match.

That's some serious clutching.

The best thing about the emergence of podcasts is that I don't have listen to those idiots anymore.

So, what are everybody’s thoughts regarding incomings and outgoings? 

To go - Mane (likely), Oxlade-Chamberlain, Origi, Minamino (possibly). 

To arrive - A CM & CAM, another forward or two depending on if Taki leaves. 

My targets would be Nkunku, he would be excellent for us as that goal scoring midfielder. I like the sound of this Sangare fella, but I still think Bissouma could come and do a great job here. He’s into the final year of his Brighton contract so it wouldn’t be impossible. If Mane leaves I think we need to try and get Lewandowski in for a couple of seasons as part of the deal. If he is keen, it makes a lot of business sense and he’ll score bucket loads. As for another attacker to replace Origi & Minamino in the squad, I don’t have anybody in particular in mind, though Rondon is out of contract this summer isn’t he?

Edited by Rick
  • Haha 1

Liverpool won't sign an attacking midfielder, it's not how they play. 

They've signed Carvalho who I believe was a number 10 at Fulham, but Klopp will mould him into a front three player or as one of the two who play ahead of Fabinho in midfield. 

I certainly don't see there being any dramatic change to the way Liverpool will play.

1 hour ago, Rick said:

So, what are everybody’s thoughts regarding incomings and outgoings? 

To go - Mane (likely), Oxlade-Chamberlain, Origi, Minamino (possibly). 

To arrive - A CM & CAM, another forward or two depending on if Taki leaves. 

My targets would be Nkunku, he would be excellent for us as that goal scoring midfielder. I like the sound of this Sangare fella, but I still think Bissouma could come and do a great job here. He’s into the final year of his Brighton contract so it wouldn’t be impossible. If Mane leaves I think we need to try and get Lewandowski in for a couple of seasons as part of the deal. If he is keen, it makes a lot of business sense and he’ll score bucket loads. As for another attacker to replace Origi & Minamino in the squad, I don’t have anybody in particular in mind, though Rondon is out of contract this summer isn’t he?

I'm not usually one to scream and shout for new signings but I do agree that with Mane leaving we need to make a big statement signing to fill the massive hole that Mane will leave. 

I also think we probably do need another midfielder but the big players we were looking at will now probably be parked because of the amount of money it will cost to replace Mane, so a more low budget/savy signing will probably be made in that department.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Liverpool won't sign an attacking midfielder, it's not how they play. 

They've signed Carvalho who I believe was a number 10 at Fulham, but Klopp will mould him into a front three player or as one of the two who play ahead of Fabinho in midfield. 

I certainly don't see there being any dramatic change to the way Liverpool will play.

I can see Klopp opting for a midfield heavy system if no one comes that he thinks will fit the system because he's not the kind to just take anyone. 

When I say attacking midfielder I don’t strictly mean us play with two men sitting back. Our midfield does need an injection of offence though. Thiago is great, but he isn’t the marauding type like a DeBruyne that I think we could do with having. There isn’t enough goals coming from that midfield three. 

I'm not sure there's room for a more attacking midfielder with the way we set up with our full backs. You'll be taking something away from them if you try to find room for a 'goalscoring midfielder'. 

Anyway, Liverpool have just finished the season scoring the most goals in one season in the club's entire history...

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Anyway, Liverpool have just finished the season scoring the most goals in one season in the club's entire history...

Yes, and it’s looking increasingly likely that the two main contributors to those goals will be gone within the year. 

19 minutes ago, Rick said:

Yes, and it’s looking increasingly likely that the two main contributors to those goals will be gone within the year. 

Well yeah but I don't see Liverpool changing things up massively in terms of system whoever their replacements are (personally think Salah will end up staying). My point is that people have been going on about goalscoring midfielders since about 2018 but this side doesn't need or have the room for one as things stand.

Suppose we'll have to wait and see.

We're in good hands anyway.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I was home until Friday & that’s sort of the vibe I picked up

I think everyone has just got a little sensitive lately on both sides. We've had half a season of getting laughed at over a genuine existential crisis for the club (not by all of you lot but still a plentiful proportion of them) and so you've ended up getting a lot more back than usual over losing out on the league and Champions League at the end. There ended up being a lot more overly antagonistic and emotional vitriol thrown around by both sides. It'll settle down over the summer and the first derby still isn't usually until about November. I think it's a far cry to suggest anything like that would seriously happen.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

I think everyone has just got a little sensitive lately on both sides. We've had half a season of getting laughed at over a genuine existential crisis for the club (not by all of you lot but still a plentiful proportion of them) and so you've ended up getting a lot more back than usual over losing out on the league and Champions League at the end. There ended up being a lot more overly antagonistic and emotional vitriol thrown around by both sides. It'll settle down over the summer and the first derby still isn't usually until about November. I think it's a far cry to suggest anything like that would seriously happen.

Some of the videos coming out of Stanley park post match were a bit hectic.

25 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The Champions League final?

Nah, the last Derby. One in particular when one lad was getting all sorts of racist shit thrown at him by blues. My mate has a ST and said there were pockets of violence/fights across the park and going back down past the Arkles.

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Nah, the last Derby. One in particular when one lad was getting all sorts of racist shit thrown at him by blues. My mate has a ST and said there were pockets of violence/fights across the park and going back down past the Arkles.

Dickheads. Surprised that never crossed my radar on social media to be honest given how low the bar has got lately for justifying a pop at our fans. I've not been around Liverpool so I might he wrong but I do think things will settle down. That was probably the most emotionally heightened part of the season for our fans which isn't an excuse for what you've described but there's always nobheads around who can barely behave at the best of times so stress like that is going to tip them over. (I'm sure it wasn't one sided though either)

It's also why they tend to prefer the Saturday 12:30 or Sunday 14:00 kick off times for the derby and similar fixtures. Having it at Saturday 17:30 or Sunday 16:30 like this one is asking for trouble.

It's been bad on social media admittedly. The loudest and most biased trolls and wind up merchants on both sides have been worse than ever this season and while the vast majority would never bother really instigating, it's hard not to respond to the shit said by the other side and then someone else says something that sets off someone else and it just escalates. This isn't unique to the Merseyside rivalry either. Hopefully it doesn't spill over but it is a genuine fear that as the conduct on social media gets worse and worse, more people are going to go to football matches convinced they genuinely hate people because they wear a different football shirt to them. All very silly really.

Edited by RandoEFC
  • Upvote 1