talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

i definitely woudn't go looking for them to invite back on to the site (mainly Kel as never had any dealings with Scout so can't comment).

If they find the site and sign up, so be it. I won't be banning them straight away for offences they've never committed on this site. However if they were to start here where they left off when they got banned from the other site, it won't take long before they're banned on here to be honest.

Would put me at risk too but me and I'm sure many others would love for this to be put in place at least for the time.

Delete if you wish!

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Would put me at risk too but me and I'm sure many others would love for this to be put in place at least for the time.

Delete if you wish!

what? 

also, why do you tell us what to delete and what not to delete? We'll make that decision. You don't need to tell us how to do our jobs :) 

On 19/05/2017 at 0:54 PM, Danny said:

What's the craic with your finances this summer? New stand, corporate facilities and added attendance.

All the reliable Liverpool journo's have hinted that Klopp will have the biggest transfer kittty any Liverpool manager has ever had. Klopp himself has also said that major signings will be made. 

Anfield HQ‏Verified account @AnfieldHQ  2h2 hours ago
FSG will give Jürgen Klopp the largest transfer kitty in the club’s history to allow him to shop among the elite again. (Paul Joyce)

Whether his plans come to fruition though is another matter. 

Apparently we've just had a £76m bid for Mbappe rejected by Monaco and although we've got no chance of actually signing him, it does show (if true) that the ambition is there. 

Edited by LFCMadLad

Well the season has ended and overall it has to be considered a succesfull one. 

The club has made brilliant progress on and off the pitch. A 16 point improvement in our league form, Champions League football secured, the stadium expanded, highest capacity record broken and the training facilities of the first team and academy on its way to been upgraded. And to take us forward even further we have one of the best managers around. 

Onwards and upwards :D

Sturridge has said he's happy at the club, has 2 years left on his contract, and wants to play in the CL with us. He's on huge wages and we can't really rely on his health... but maybe now that we're in the CL, it's a luxury we can afford for a bit. If we sign a new quality striker, we can perhaps give Sturridge time to prove his long term fitness and play his way back into form by subbing him on early in the 2nd half. Beyond Sturridge there's Origi, who I like but his development has been slowed down to an injury caused by a shite blueshite player, and he's not really progressed like he did at the end of last season. Then there's Ings... someone who's basically been injured for two years. We clearly need more depth in the position and if we want to be competitive, having Sturridge around might not be the worst thing. Expensive though, certainly.

Apparently we've got a shortlist of players with the following names on it

• Virgil van Dijk -- probably the most sought after defender in our league, if not the most sought after player. I don't doubt we're in for him, but there's also Citeh and Chelsea in for him and he apparently wants to work with Pep. I don't think we can compete with either of their money... but worth making an attempt at.
  • Naby Keita - DM at RB Leipzig. Apparently Bayern are interested in them too. I don't watch the Bundesliga and I don't know a whole lot about RB Leipzig except that they seem to be universally hated. Probably has something to do with 1.) being owned by a shite drinks company, 2.) being associated with the total gobshite owner of Red Bull. It looks like Lucas might have just had his last match for us - and I think it's been pretty universally claimed by our support that we've got the need for a DM.
  • Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - I'm all for this. He's versatile, energetic, and imo underrated. Rumours are that he's been wanting a move to us for months - but who knows if that's true, sports journalism seems to be at least 90% bullshit...
  • Sandro Ramirez - Apparently he's available at a total fucking bargain price. La Masia graduate with a good return of goals at Malaga at a decent price - sounds good to me.
  • Jonas Hector - A good LB who plays at Koln and is apparently our first choice to usurp Mildini's (see what I did there xD) role as our left back.
  • Ben Chilwell - Seems like the cheaper option for LB, but I personally don't think he'd be one to kick Milner out of a starting role. Honestly, seems pretty fucking underwhelming to me...
  • Mattia De Sciglio - Milan's LB & a good player. My apprehension here is thinking about how 1.) Italians rarely seem to work out in England, except for special circumstances with really great players (although I wish that wasn't the case as a fan of Serie A football) & 2.) Liverpool haven't ever had a good Italian player. Having said that... correlation isn't causation and none of that actually means anything. He's got one year left on his contract, so the thinking here is we can potentially get him at a decent price if Milan's new Chinese owners don't tie him down to the club with a contract.
  • Douglas Costa - the Bayern Munich winger who's apparently been unhappy that Ribery & Robben are still preferred choices and wants more first team opportunities. I'm all for this.
  • Pierre-Patrick Aubameyang - Dortmund's star striker. I think we don't have a hope in hell for this one haha, I don't even know why it's being reported. Highly speculative, would be incredibly expensive, and I'm sure Dortmund would politely tell us to fuck off
  • Isco - This won't happen because he's said he's staying at Madrid.

I'm assuming those aren't the only players we're looking at, because a few are totally unrealistic & it also doesn't leave a whole lot of options for us at CB or DM if we fail to get our first targets.

14 minutes ago, HK85 said:

We agreed terms with Sandro Ramirez but he's waiting for Atleti apparently. 

Apparently a lot of clubs have agreed terms and are ready to trigger his (incredibly fucking small) release clause - but yeah, he's waiting for Atleti. Must be nice to be in his shoes right now.

His release clause is only £5m! I'm not surprised so many clubs are in for him.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Naby Keita is not a DM. Diego Demme is the holding player for Leipzig afaik. 

He's a box-to-box player who wins the ball and bursts through the centre of the pitch into the final third. 

What you mean mate? I can't find anyone mentioning any of these players?

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

What you mean mate? I can't find anyone mentioning any of these players?

Doc Gonzo in his last post, should have quoted.

A lot of people on twitter seem to be under the same impression. 

Edited by Inverted

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

12 years today since Istanbul! How time flies. 

I put our game against Dortmund (even if it was just a semi-final) very close to that night in Istanbul where the stakes were higher. And you're right when you say that European nights are very special with Liverpool in them.

35 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I put our game against Dortmund (even if it was just a semi-final) very close to that night in Istanbul where the stakes were higher. And you're right when you say that European nights are very special with Liverpool in them.

Dortmund doesn't even come close to it!

• The title was changed to Liverpool Discussion