talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

We'll, despite only having ten men yesterday, it showcased us having absolutely fucking SHITE options at the back. Matip is a good player, but he's being sucked down playing next to the likes of Lovren and Klavab. TAA isnt ready, and Moreno is just wank. It's my biggest criticism of Klopp so far, that he has not addressed the terrible state of our defence. 

Think the plan was to hold out for VVD till January. We really don't seem to want anybody but him.... But for sure if I'm Klopp I'm playing Sakhalin yesterday if Lovren's injured. The moral high ground should not be to the detriment of the team if the alternative is a vey slow Klavan.

I really wish Sakho and Klopp had sorted themselves out, could do with him right now. 

I don't want to see Klavan against the best teams ever again, he was a fucking shambles yesterday and ended up having Matip all over the place trying to cover the space he was leaving open. Moreno is shit at tracking back and TAA showed his youth and panicked on a few occasions. Was just a disaster all round.

• 2 weeks later...

Only highlights the mad decision not to sign a CB this summer even further. The amount of games Matip and Lovren miss between them means that this was always a likely scenario. Lovren would be ok as a back up based on his ability and injury record but another first choice needed signing.

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

No, Rodgers was a busted flush at Liverpool.

Klopp's bewildering refusal to fix the centre back-goalkeeper situation is odd though, there's not often I feel able to actually judge a manger's decision but this does seem ridiculous.

It's stubbornness to be honest. I recall Rafa Benitez saying the same thing at Napoli a few years ago. While I'm in no place to judge Klopp at Liverpool, I will say if a manager is so stubborn to follow what he wants most and not fix the blatant issue, then they've lost it.

27 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

No. Rodgers shouldn't coach a top team in a competitive league like the PL but Klopp has been a complete failure for liverpool. They are so use to meritocracy and tbh, I dont see a top coach agreeing to takeover this mess, especially once coutinho leaves for Barcelona. 

Mess xD

we have one of the best attacking line ups around. Just need to sort the defence. 

Don't worry, it's coming. 

5 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Only highlights the mad decision not to sign a CB this summer even further. The amount of games Matip and Lovren miss between them means that this was always a likely scenario. Lovren would be ok as a back up based on his ability and injury record but another first choice needed signing.

Yeah, it wasn't just quality that was an issue, it was depth as well. Regardless of ability, going into a season with 4 centre backs, 2 of them being prone to injury and one also being required to fill in at right back (Gomez), was absolutely retarded.

Add to that the fact that we can't seem to defend as a unit even when we do have our first choice back 5 and I think we're fucked.

10 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

No, Rodgers was a busted flush at Liverpool.

Klopp's bewildering refusal to fix the centre back-goalkeeper situation is odd though, there's not often I feel able to actually judge a manger's decision but this does seem ridiculous.

If the problem is that obvious, I mean the defensive problems then why hasn't he addressed that? Clearly he sees it week-in week-out right? 4 transfer windows now?

I think Rodgers would have done better if he's handed full control over transfers, Rodgers had his hands tied when he was there, signing players like Lambert and Ings no thanks to FSG

9 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Mess xD

we have one of the best attacking line ups around. Just need to sort the defence. 

Don't worry, it's coming. 

I wouldn't call Mane Firm Salah best attacking lineup, I've seen you guys play against Palace and City and it was Meh, when there's space for Salah and Mane to run into, they sure create chances but you meet a proper defence, they are non existent, Firm spends most of his time in midfield with nobody spearheading your attack and Salah misses chances like crazy :coffee:

10 hours ago, Blue said:

It's stubbornness to be honest. I recall Rafa Benitez saying the same thing at Napoli a few years ago. While I'm in no place to judge Klopp at Liverpool, I will say if a manager is so stubborn to follow what he wants most and not fix the blatant issue, then they've lost it.

Exactly, surely Klopp doesn't love losing, right? funny enough, at Dortmund, he had a pretty good defence in 2010, 2011.

9 minutes ago, robosys said:

I wouldn't call Mane Firm Salah best attacking lineup, I've seen you guys play against Palace and City and it was Meh, when there's space for Salah and Mane to run into, they sure create chances but you meet a proper defence, they are non existent, Firm spends most of his time in midfield with nobody spearheading your attack and Salah misses chances like crazy :coffee:

Non existent? 

Ok then xD

24 minutes ago, robosys said:

If the problem is that obvious, I mean the defensive problems then why hasn't he addressed that? Clearly he sees it week-in week-out right? 4 transfer windows now?

I think Rodgers would have done better if he's handed full control over transfers, Rodgers had his hands tied when he was there, signing players like Lambert and Ings no thanks to FSG

No one will get full control over transfers at Liverpool or very few other clubs. It seems to me that any alternatives offered to Klopp instead of Van Dijk when he became unobtainable, he obviously doesn't fancy. Whereas Rodgers accepted the bottom of the barrel option when we signed Balotelli for example, when he couldn't get Sanchez as the Suarez replacement. Either way, it's the manager that will get the stick. Klopp will get it when our defensive options are running short on numbers and quality. Just like Rodgers got it when the players signed under his name turned out to be poor. Everyone else involved will continue to get away with it. 

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

No one will get full control over transfers at Liverpool or very few other clubs. It seems to me that any alternatives offered to Klopp instead of Van Dijk when he became unobtainable, he obviously doesn't fancy. Whereas Rodgers accepted the bottom of the barrel option when we signed Balotelli for example, when he couldn't get Sanchez as the Suarez replacement. Either way, it's the manager that will get the stick. Klopp will get it when our defensive options are running short on numbers and quality. Just like Rodgers got it when the players signed under his name turned out to be poor. Everyone else involved will continue to get away with it. 

True but there are other options even better than Van Dijk, Van Dijk alone won't improve your defence, having teenagers play in full back positions isn't even helping, if you were to ask me, I think you guys need serious restructuring at the back like Man City did but I don't think Klopp will ever spend that much on defenders cause I don't think he sees those positions as something really critical to what he's looking to achieve with the team