talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Since you posted that, have a look at a cracking decision from Taylor @The Palace Fan posted below.

Once again, cheers for that. Much appreciated. :(

He truly is shit. Maybe they need to tell him to take the rest of the season off and get someone else. That replay was not a penalty.

36 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

He truly is shit. Maybe they need to tell him to take the rest of the season off and get someone else. That replay was not a penalty.

But he served his punishment and is now the official for Chelsea vs. Man City. xD

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/67346339

Here's your shite back. Enjoy. 

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

But he served his punishment and is now the official for Chelsea vs. Man City. xD

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/67346339

Here's your shite back. Enjoy. 

It’s funny too because the error he got moved down to the championship for wasn’t even made by him, it was the VAR ref. So then they move this dickhead down to the championship and he gives the softest penalty in the universe… then gets moved back up to the top flight.

I want the lads at PMGOL to give a presentation on what they think competence is, because I think it would be really funny to hear them explain the concept of competence.

• 3 weeks later...

Klopp confirmed both Diogo Jota and Alisson will miss Thursday's match after picking up injuries against Manchester City. He said Alisson will probably also miss Premier League games against Fulham and Sheffield United while Jota will be "a little bit longer".

Just now, LFCMike said:

Klopp confirmed both Diogo Jota and Alisson will miss Thursday's match after picking up injuries against Manchester City. He said Alisson will probably also miss Premier League games against Fulham and Sheffield United while Jota will be "a little bit longer".

I was worried about Alisson, I thought he would have been out for longer. If those are the only games he misses, then we have gotten off lightly. Shame about Jota, but we have good cover for him. Just need Darwin to start putting away more of the chances he gets, he’s got a way to go to be as clinical as Diogo. 

35 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Matip has ruptured his ACL so more than likely played his last game for us.

Shit that, he was hitting some good form too.

Yeah that's very shit. He was in very good form and Matip at his best is one hell of a defender.

Sad way for him to have likely played his last match for us.

• 4 weeks later...

Injury news from Klopp's press conference

Klopp confirmed Andy Robertson is still "not close to returning to training" and has a "long way to go" in his recovery from a shoulder injury. He added: "I think the full January he has to get closer and closer."

On Alexis Mac Allister, Klopp said: "We will see what he can do today if he can return to team training or not."

When asked about a possible return soon for Thiago, Klopp said: "At one point he will be in team training (in January). We have to be sensible. It's a medical decision. He is in a very good moment but we have to make sure we don't use him too early."

• Administrator

As a dad of a newborn who's been through a shit load already in one week of life, this hits on an absolutely ridiculous new level. I'm in bits. 

Liverpool do a lot of this and it's lovely every time. 

On 29/12/2023 at 15:43, Stan said:

As a dad of a newborn who's been through a shit load already in one week of life, this hits on an absolutely ridiculous new level. I'm in bits. 

Liverpool do a lot of this and it's lovely every time. 

Hope things get better for and your family Stan!

• Like 1

I think we need Szobo to find form ASAP. As well as the non-Salah members of our attack.

Because while Endo seemed like a random signing, he'd really come into form as of December and I think he's easily been our best midfielder in the past couple months. Makes me quite glad we missed out on Caicedo & Lavia with their massively overinflated transfer prices. Endo in good form has reminded me of someone with the good qualities of Milner and Henderson - he's a solid addition to the squad.

Salah being out for us is an obvious big loss because he's one of the best players in the league if not the best player in the league.

I don't think he's necessarily out of form though. Maybe not as eye catching as he was early in the season but he's still playing his part. Thought he was really good the other night. Physically he's brilliant.

Hopefully his injury isn't too bad and he can be back for the next league game.

19 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I don't think he's necessarily out of form though. Maybe not as eye catching as he was early in the season but he's still playing his part. Thought he was really good the other night. Physically he's brilliant.

Hopefully his injury isn't too bad and he can be back for the next league game.

Oh shit did he get hurt? I think he's just been pretty sloppy with the ball lately but honestly he probably has improved off the ball. MacAllister's gotten back to fitness at a good time for us. He's not a natural #6 but he's probably the closest we've got for the role until Endo's back from Japan. I'm looking forward to seeing more Endo & MacAllister together, so we can see MacAllister in a more box to box role.

34 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Oh shit did he get hurt? I think he's just been pretty sloppy with the ball lately but honestly he probably has improved off the ball. MacAllister's gotten back to fitness at a good time for us. He's not a natural #6 but he's probably the closest we've got for the role until Endo's back from Japan. I'm looking forward to seeing more Endo & MacAllister together, so we can see MacAllister in a more box to box role.

Tbh if you play with a back 3 then you don't play with a #6, so not the worst thing if you're just relying on MacAllister

31 minutes ago, Danny said:

Tbh if you play with a back 3 then you don't play with a #6, so not the worst thing if you're just relying on MacAllister

Klopp won’t go with a back three, I wish he would while we are short , but he won’t. 

40 minutes ago, Rick said:

Klopp won’t go with a back three, I wish he would while we are short , but he won’t. 

I'm sure I've seen your centre backs drop into a back 3 plenty this season? I know Gomez does get forward, or Tsmiskas or whoever, and it's not necessarily a traditional back three, but doesn't the left back a lot of the time drop in with the two centre backs?

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Was feeling his hamstring as he came off. No word yet as to how serious it was

19 minutes ago, Danny said:

I'm sure I've seen your centre backs drop into a back 3 plenty this season? I know Gomez does get forward, or Tsmiskas or whoever, and it's not necessarily a traditional back three, but doesn't the left back a lot of the time drop in with the two centre backs?

It happens plenty depending on different phases of play. 

20 minutes ago, Danny said:

Robertson was dropping back to make it a 3 at times when Trent moved into the middle during parts of games, but it wasn’t the full games. I would like to see it set up like that with Quansah starting alongside Virgil and Konate. Trent and Gomez either side a midfield two of McAllister & Jones if Szoboslai is out for a couple of weeks would make me feel more confident going into the next few games while we are missing Endo. I don’t like the idea of having Harvey in a midfield 3, especially without a proper #6 next to him. 

23 minutes ago, Danny said:

I think the way we play is far off from how sides with a back 3 typically play, imo. And with the way we play, I think there've been times where MacAllister's been alright as a 6 in our system... but I think seeing Endo over the last month highlights how much better our midfield can be with a more natural player in the role.