talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

I concur with Dr Gonzo's reply to me.

When there was talk of Kyle Walker looking to leave Citeh, I was all for making an offer for him. He's miles better as a defender than TAA. I suggested getting him and putting TAA into midfield. All I got was flack for we don't need no citeh rejects??

As for this season, if we don't get a dm, we're screwed. TAA cant be a dm and a pinger. Financially Stingy Group have hindered things. Also it seems we have no proper talent spotter.

We'll be lucky to replicate fifth I think. I wouldn't be surprise if Klopp call's it a day.

This new director of football doesn't seem to know what he is doing like the previous guy did.   The previous guy down years building a solid team that was every bit the equal of City, this new guy can only buy players with release clauses.

Amerabat and Phillips the latest links are exceedingly unimpressive

• Administrator

Mac Allister suspension rescinded. 

In this age where officials are reviewing incidents in the match, there should be no cause to review and have a suspension revoked. As in, it shouldn't get to this stage. It's good his suspension has been revoked as it was never a red. But it means at least 3 officials got it wrong. Will they be removed from next week's games like the officials for Man Utd vs Wolves? 

10 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Shock horror, Liverpool strike again.

Shock horror, a bullshit red card was rescinded. It's a joke a red was given in the first place, especially with VAR in use. 

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

In this age where officials are reviewing incidents in the match, there should be no cause to review and have a suspension revoked. As in, it shouldn't get to this stage. It's good his suspension has been revoked as it was never a red. But it means at least 3 officials got it wrong. Will they be removed from next week's games like the officials for Man Utd vs Wolves? 

I doubt these referees feel any sort of consequence for their incompetence, but they absolutely should be removed from next weeks games and given some sort of training. Especially the ones sat in the VAR room, no excuse for video referees to be so bad.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Stan said:

The assistant VAR from Saturday is assistant VAR again against Newcastle 

• Haha 1

Talk here in Brazil is that Fluminense turned down a 30 million euros for André. It makes sense since Fluminense is at Copa Libertadores quarter-finals. André´s gonna leave Fluminense soon, but probably in January, after the brazilian season is over. 

IMO Liverpool should try to make that offer to Corinthians for Gabriel Moscardo. Insane talent. Only 17 years old and a starter in a big club.  I think he´s going to be the best brazilian 6 of his generation. Corinthians being completely broke up is also a factor. They will definitely sell him for the right offer.

Edited by El Profesor

7 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Talk here in Brazil is that Fluminense turned down a 30 million euros for André. It makes sense since Fluminense is at Copa Libertadores quarter-finals. André´s gonna leave Fluminense soon, but probably in January, after the brazilian season is over. 

IMO Liverpool should try to make that offer to Corinthians for Gabriel Moscardo. Insane talent. Only 17 years old and a starter in a big club.  I think he´s going to be the best brazilian 6 of his generation. Corinthians being completely broke up is also a factor. They will definitely sell him for the right offer.

Under Michael Edwards we’d probably be seriously looking at a player like that. Under this new regime, we’ll sit by and watch somebody else sign our targets, then buy from them a season later at five times the original price. We let Wolves sign Nunes & Fulham sign Palinha, both players we seriously liked. Then we ended up with a complete dosser in Arthur. 

The lack of movement this week has been concerning. It’s like they have no idea who they are going to bring in now they fucked the main targets. 

Edited by Rick

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Under Michael Edwards we’d probably be seriously looking at a player like that. Under this new regime, we’ll sit by and watch somebody else sign our targets, then buy from them a season later at five times the original price. We let Wolves sign Nunes & Fulham sign Palinha, both players we seriously liked. Then we ended up with a complete dosser in Arthur. 

The lack of movement this week has been concerning. It’s like they have no idea who they are going to bring in now they fucked the main targets. 

Basically what Liverpool did under Edwards. Van Dijk, Alisson, Mane etc. 

3 hours ago, Rick said:

You overall happy with our business since he left? 

I find it difficult these days to get worked up about them not spending to keep up with those who have bottomless pits of money to be honest. My point was that Liverpool waiting to see how a player does elsewhere before committing to spending big money on them is nothing new.

Liverpool fans, are you guys aware how much the average brazilian football fan dislike Alisson? 

Most LFC fans I talk to really like and respect Alisson, whereas here most fans don't want him anywhere near the national team.

I find the difference in perceptions regarding him, in Brazil and in England, very interesting. 

12 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Liverpool fans, are you guys aware how much the average brazilian football fan dislike Alisson? 

Most LFC fans I talk to really like and respect Alisson, whereas here most fans don't want him anywhere near the national team.

I find the difference in perceptions regarding him, in Brazil and in England, very interesting. 

Cos of his politics or as a player?

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Cos of his politics or as a player?

As a player. As far as I know he has never publicly declared support neither for Lula nor for Bolsonaro. But like 90% of the players of out national team, he probably is a Bolsonaro supporter, especially considering how religious he is. 

The gripe with him is that he doesn't make decisive saves. Most think he should have saved De Bruyne's shot in 2018, the croatian goal in 2022 or at least one of the penalties versus Croatia. 

I do think that brazilians tend to prefer goalkeepers who make acrobatic saves. Alisson who relies more in good positioning to make his saves doesn't really fit the football culture here. 

In my opinion, he's really underrated in Brazil and is still the best brazilian goalkeeper though.

On 25/08/2023 at 14:47, El Profesor said:

No, I had no idea. I think that's mental though, I wouldn't swap him for any other keeper in the world tbh. He's absolutely fantastic.

Did you see his save against Almiron's shot yesterday? Incredible save and the agility and awareness to handle the rebound was pretty great. He kept us in the game before Darwin won it for us.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 26/08/2023 at 03:17, El Profesor said:

Find it a bit odd honestly. I think he's fantastic as a goalkeeper even if he wasn't playing for us. He used to have these moments of "I want to be a defender not a goalkeeper" where he'd run around trying to be a Barcelona defender but those days are past him now. The guy scored a header at the death, has stopped so many goals from potentially turning over games and is generally quite commanding of his area so I find it weird that folks in Brazil don't like him much. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

No, I had no idea. I think that's mental though, I wouldn't swap him for any other keeper in the world tbh. He's absolutely fantastic.

Did you see his save against Almiron's shot yesterday? Incredible save and the agility and awareness to handle the rebound was pretty great. He kept us in the game before Darwin won it for us.

Yes, I saw the save, It has reignited the Alisson debate. Today, a journalist especialized in european football posted a defence of Alisson on Twitter, and his mentions were a mess. 

A guy said in answer something like: "Well, Alisson may well be a lion at Liverpool, but with our national team he is a little cat." 

I am convinced that most brazilian fans would trade him for Emi Martínez in a heartbeat. 

Still, I like Alisson a lot actually. Our best goalkeeper in a long time. It´s a shame he´s judged by a very small sample-size in this country. 

6 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Find it a bit odd honestly. I think he's fantastic as a goalkeeper even if he wasn't playing for us. He used to have these moments of "I want to be a defender not a goalkeeper" where he'd run around trying to be a Barcelona defender but those days are past him now. The guy scored a header at the death, has stopped so many goals from potentially turning over games and is generally quite commanding of his area so I find it weird that folks in Brazil don't like him much. 

Yeah. I think he was overconfident with his feet ability arriving from Roma. I remember a blunder versus Leicester, where he tried to dribble a forward and it lead to a goal. It´s good that he changed this aspect of his game. 

Edited by El Profesor
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lol what's their opinion on Fred? 

Fred is not rated by most, but at the same time he flies a bit under the radar. He left brazilian football at a really young age and was never a starter for the national team. Players like Alisson and Gabriel Jesus, on the other hand, are the focus of a lot more criticism and controversy. 

Virgil charged with improper conduct for his behaviour after the card. So there’s an extra two games added to his suspension. 

I was very disappointed with his reaction. He came through Isak to get the ball, he knows it’s a foul. Now we will likely be struggling even more than we already were at the back because he had no self control. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Virgil charged with improper conduct for his behaviour after the card. So there’s an extra two games added to his suspension. 

I was very disappointed with his reaction. He came through Isak to get the ball, he knows it’s a foul. Now we will likely be struggling even more than we already were at the back because he had no self control. 

Two matches for calling a ref a fucking joke is a bit ridiculous tbh. If he’d elbowed the ref in the face would it just be one match like the ref that elbowed Robertson?