talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

3 hours ago, 6666 said:

Just buying a midfielder that stays fit would be an improvement. Keita should've been sold off long ago and Ox should've been last season. Maybe could've taken a chance with Thiago but having all three going into this season was a bad idea. Especially with Milner being in his 50s now.

We need CMs as well. Can see us competing for similar names. Rice, Mount, Caicedo, etc.

Nooooo, it was too much to ask for a midfielder. Us fans voicing concern were just being greedy. Arthur has came in and been wonderful for us. 

I’d more than happily watch you lot get Rice if we land Caicedo. I would be very surprised it Arsenal managed to bring in both, that’s nearly 200m on two players and you need another centre half. As for us, I really have no clue who we are going to get. 

9 hours ago, Rick said:

Nooooo, it was too much to ask for a midfielder. Us fans voicing concern were just being greedy. Arthur has came in and been wonderful for us. 

I’d more than happily watch you lot get Rice if we land Caicedo. I would be very surprised it Arsenal managed to bring in both, that’s nearly 200m on two players and you need another centre half. As for us, I really have no clue who we are going to get. 

Mac Allister is all but done apparently.

5 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I’ll be very please with that. Just need a Caicedo type to come in and we’ll be nearly where we want to be. 

As for Klopp’s touchline ban, I’m disappointed in him. Yes, the officials are shit, but he just invites punishment with the over the top behaviour. I don’t like that from him, never had. There’s a point where you can label it passion, but he crosses the line a lot nowadays. And now he won’t be on the touchline for Bobby’s final game at Anfield. Brilliant stuff. 

8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Should’ve elbowed the ref in the face instead, since they’ve found that’s alright

Whilst he should have received some form of punishment, there is a side of me that thinks if you go up to someone and start shouting in there face you have to expect there is a realistic possibility that you will get hit in the face for your actions. It doesn't make it right, but the culture of 'it's OK to shout in someones face because its on a sports field' is a daft one. Klopp's been the worst I've seen for it at Selhurst this season too.

4 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Whilst he should have received some form of punishment, there is a side of me that thinks if you go up to someone and start shouting in there face you have to expect there is a realistic possibility that you will get hit in the face for your actions. It doesn't make it right, but the culture of 'it's OK to shout in someones face because its on a sports field' is a daft one. Klopp's been the worst I've seen for it at Selhurst this season too.

100% this. The ref threw his elbow back because his personal space was purposely being encroached and had some nutter screaming at him, it pure and simple Robertson trying to intimidate him. The ref shouldn’t have thrown the elbow but it’s easily understandable as to why given the circumstances, Robertson should be punished for approaching the ref like that just like most players should be every game.

Klopp deserves a ban much the same

11 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Not yet. Romano just tweeted nothing has been agreed by either the player or club yet, just that you made a proposal to the player. 

Best hope it isn't another Tchouameni saga. He's a player you need. Stop dicking around and get it over the line. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Danny said:

100% this. The ref threw his elbow back because his personal space was purposely being encroached and had some nutter screaming at him, it pure and simple Robertson trying to intimidate him. The ref shouldn’t have thrown the elbow but it’s easily understandable as to why given the circumstances, Robertson should be punished for approaching the ref like that just like most players should be every game.

Klopp deserves a ban much the same

xD Robertson touches his arm and got elbowed in the fucking face, if a player does that to an official (except Bruno Fernandes, I suppose) that’s a 9 game ban.

But when an official does anything wrong, they just investigate themselves… then promptly clear themselves of any wrongdoing. Massive joke.

Klopp goes over the top with yelling at the officials for sure, but he’s not done anything as bad as physically lashed out at any of them. He’s only getting punished because he’s called out Tierney as either being unreasonably bad at his job or bent. Nobody batted an eyelid at Mason getting in the 4th officials face all match and… doing the same thing.

So I wouldn’t say any elbows thrown in frustration were understandable. I’d actually argue that the officials should be held to a bit of a higher standard with their conduct… a bit like police are meant to be held to a higher standard. Releasing audio of VAR… in instances where the VAR gets an obvious decision right… doesn’t change that.

Klopp’s ban is justified - the fine being greater than Tomey making money off betting on football or Suarez saying the n word 9 times… is an absolute joke though. Or anything a ref does being found to be completely justified and swept under the rug.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

xD Robertson touches his arm and got elbowed in the fucking face, if a player does that to an official (except Bruno Fernandes, I suppose) that’s a 9 game ban.

But when an official does anything wrong, they just investigate themselves… then promptly clear themselves of any wrongdoing. Massive joke.

Klopp goes over the top with yelling at the officials for sure, but he’s not done anything as bad as physically lashed out at any of them. He’s only getting punished because he’s called out Tierney as either being unreasonably bad at his job or bent. Nobody batted an eyelid at Mason getting in the 4th officials face all match and… doing the same thing.

So I wouldn’t say any elbows thrown in frustration were understandable. I’d actually argue that the officials should be held to a bit of a higher standard with their conduct… a bit like police are meant to be held to a higher standard. Releasing audio of VAR… in instances where the VAR gets an obvious decision right… doesn’t change that.

Klopp’s ban is justified - the fine being greater than Tomey making money off betting on football or Suarez saying the n word 9 times… is an absolute joke though. Or anything a ref does being found to be completely justified and swept under the rug.

Robertson makes a b line for the ref from a distance, storms towards him and puts his face into the refs face and starts screaming. If that happens randomly on the street anyone would lift their elbow up, but because it’s a ref on a football pitch they’re expected to let footballers try and intimidate them. It’s pretty pathetic and even more pathetic that the ref is the centre of the issue when it’s clearly Robertson who was being a div

5 minutes ago, Danny said:

Robertson makes a b line for the ref from a distance, storms towards him and puts his face into the refs face and starts screaming. If that happens randomly on the street anyone would lift their elbow up, but because it’s a ref on a football pitch they’re expected to let footballers try and intimidate them. It’s pretty pathetic and even more pathetic that the ref is the centre of the issue when it’s clearly Robertson who was being a div

The ref is the centre of the issue because he’s elbowed a player in the face & it’s not happening at random in the street. It’s something that happens in almost every match in the prem because refs can’t get decisions right and never have to explain themselves.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The ref is the centre of the issue because he’s elbowed a player in the face & it’s not happening at random in the street. It’s something that happens in almost every match in the prem because refs can’t get decisions right and never have to explain themselves.

No mate it happens because footballers are allowed to try and intimidate and abuse refs, but then it happens at clubs where managers encourage it even more, as seen with Robertson and Klopp there. Pure and simple thats why Robertson has felt he can try and bully someone like that. It is pathetic and is one of the few things about the actual 90 minutes of football I hate watching 

• Upvote 1

Dear Roberto Firmino,

As you prepare to play your final game in front of the Anfield faithful, the Liverpool fans will be saying goodbye to a true hero of the club. You have been an integral part of Liverpool's success in recent years, and your contributions both on and off the pitch will be sorely missed.

You have shown incredible skill, determination, and passion during your time at Liverpool. Your unselfish play, creative flair, and ability to score crucial goals have made you a fan favorite and a vital part of the team. Your infectious smile and positive attitude have also made you a beloved figure in the Liverpool community.

As you move on to the next chapter of your career, we want to thank you for all that you have done for Liverpool. You have been a true ambassador for the club and have helped to inspire a new generation of Liverpool fans. We wish you all the best for the future, and we know that wherever you go, you will continue to be a shining example of what it means to be a Liverpool player.

Thank you, Roberto Firmino, for everything you have given to Liverpool Football Club. You will always be a legend in the eyes of the Liverpool faithful.
#Sisènor

On 20/05/2023 at 11:45, LFCMadLad said:

Dear Roberto Firmino,

As you prepare to play your final game in front of the Anfield faithful, the Liverpool fans will be saying goodbye to a true hero of the club. You have been an integral part of Liverpool's success in recent years, and your contributions both on and off the pitch will be sorely missed.

You have shown incredible skill, determination, and passion during your time at Liverpool. Your unselfish play, creative flair, and ability to score crucial goals have made you a fan favorite and a vital part of the team. Your infectious smile and positive attitude have also made you a beloved figure in the Liverpool community.

As you move on to the next chapter of your career, we want to thank you for all that you have done for Liverpool. You have been a true ambassador for the club and have helped to inspire a new generation of Liverpool fans. We wish you all the best for the future, and we know that wherever you go, you will continue to be a shining example of what it means to be a Liverpool player.

Thank you, Roberto Firmino, for everything you have given to Liverpool Football Club. You will always be a legend in the eyes of the Liverpool faithful.
#Sisènor

Don't think he reads the forum mate.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think that Schmadtke will do a good job as sporting director of Liverpool. He's done very well for himself since his playing days and he is a very good friend of Klopp. So it suggests to me that Klopp will be at Liverpool for a few years yet.