all kick-offs 19.45 (BST) unless stated

Tuesday 26th September, 2023
Bradford vs Middlesbrough
Exeter vs Luton
Ipswich vs Wolves
Mansfield vs Peterborough
Port Vale vs Sutton
Salford vs Burnley

Man Utd vs Crystal Palace, 20.00 (live on Sky)

Wednesday 27th September, 2023
Aston Villa vs Everton
Blackburn vs Cardiff
Bournemouth vs Stoke
Brentford vs Arsenal
Chelsea vs Brighton
Fulham vs Norwich
Lincoln vs West Ham
Liverpool vs Leicester

Newcastle vs Man City, 20.00 (live on Sky)

• Subscriber

Hoping for an improvement from the 4-0 a few weeks ago.

I'm hoping Dyche puts out a pretty strong team and that Villa might use the opportunity to rotate the squad a bit given that they've got European commitments.

It's a really crap draw actually but choosing the Man Utd game and El Gassico for the television coverage is a horrendous shout. Salford vs Burnley should definitely have been on and then one of Exeter vs Luton, Ipswich vs Wolves or Lincoln vs West Ham.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Hoping for an improvement from the 4-0 a few weeks ago.

I'm hoping Dyche puts out a pretty strong team and that Villa might use the opportunity to rotate the squad a bit given that they've got European commitments.

It's a really crap draw actually but choosing the Man Utd game and El Gassico for the television coverage is a horrendous shout. Salford vs Burnley should definitely have been on and then one of Exeter vs Luton, Ipswich vs Wolves or Lincoln vs West Ham.

Agreed. Lincoln vs West Ham is a great tie at this stage to put on. 

• Subscriber

We'll lose but will be an interesting marker against how we did when facing Liverpool in pre-season. This is a bit of a free hit for me. Given we're in the Championship I don't think this competition can be a priority and I'd probably sooner be dealt this in round 3 than in the quarter finals. I predict we give a decent account of ourselves but lose 3-1 or something like that.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Dan said:

We'll lose but will be an interesting marker against how we did when facing Liverpool in pre-season. This is a bit of a free hit for me. Given we're in the Championship I don't think this competition can be a priority and I'd probably sooner be dealt this in round 3 than in the quarter finals. I predict we give a decent account of ourselves but lose 3-1 or something like that.

Free hit for me, too. Especially considering how good the start to the league season has been and the likelihood of how much rotation there'll be for us. Expecting the likes of Coady, Daka, Hamza, Justin, Yunus, Albrighton, Stolarczyk to start. Hope it's not a hammering and maybe that's less likely with the likely Liverpool rotation too. 

Not bothered if we lose, but just hope it's not a heavy one or that it doesn't derail the league form. Maresca will hopefully make sure we do give a good showing though. 

Would be nice to progress, but not too fussed either way really. I'm sure @Carnivore Chris and @JoshBRFC probably think similarly as well.

Both sides will likely make several changes from the last league game. Would be shocked if Ramsey plays any part in this game and should be kept back for Rotherham on Saturday.

31 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Would be nice to progress, but not too fussed either way really. I'm sure @Carnivore Chris and @JoshBRFC probably think similarly as well.

Yeah, I'd much rather focusing on the league. 

That's the problem with being in the Championship, there isn't really time for anything else and the focus all goes on the league. It'd be different if both teams were midtable Prem sides as you can put more into cups that way.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 25/09/2023 at 15:27, Stan said:

Free hit for me, too. Especially considering how good the start to the league season has been and the likelihood of how much rotation there'll be for us. Expecting the likes of Coady, Daka, Hamza, Justin, Yunus, Albrighton, Stolarczyk to start. Hope it's not a hammering and maybe that's less likely with the likely Liverpool rotation too. 

Not bothered if we lose, but just hope it's not a heavy one or that it doesn't derail the league form. Maresca will hopefully make sure we do give a good showing though. 

I'm feeling a little more optimistic about it than I was having seen the XI Liverpool put out in this round last year. Don't think it's entirely beyond us to win. I think he wants to rotate in general anyway.

We don't have any interest in this game, Phillips who couldn't get near a friendly starts tonight, Newcastle treating it the same. would of been better games to put on the box then this tbh

XI | Ortega, Lewis, Akanji, Ake (C), Gvardiol, Gomez, Phillips, Kovacic, Bobb, Grealish, Alvarez

SUBS | Ederson, Carson, Walker, Dias, Haaland, Doku, Nunes, Foden, Hamilton

• The topic was unpinned