talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 11 - 4-6th November, 2023

football forum

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I don't think we are though are we?

I feel like it’s been true at various points in my life that even if we look like a pretty good side we end up putting in some poo performances against bad sides. It might not be true, but it feels familiar though.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I feel like it’s been true at various points in my life that even if we look like a pretty good side we end up putting in some poo performances against bad sides. It might not be true, but it feels familiar though.

Pre-match there was a list of our results away against the newly promoted sides (I think) from the last few years and it wasn’t good reading. 

I was surprised to see someone that young playing last post(?)

I thought he had some bottle to do that in front of that many people. Unfortunately it proved too much but the players tried to make him feel better .

I just hope if he sees this post, Well done for trying my son!

• Administrator
20 hours ago, Stan said:

Without mentioning the referee, do you think Guimaraes should have been sent off? 

Also, your first sentence in 2nd paragraph makes absolutely no sense. 

You make it sound like you were so hard done by and that everything went in Arsenal's favour despite somehow staying with 11 on the pitch and somehow having that goal stand. But yeah, 'woe is me' and get the violins out for Newcastle, right. 

@OrangeKhrush just in case you hadn't seen this mate... 

13 hours ago, Danny said:

Theres 4 points seperating arsenal, liverpool, spurs and city. not one of them is as good as the 100+ point teams of the past. title race is wide open.

For now.

Hopefully it stays that way but we all know when City do that thing from February onwards, and turn into the T1000 from Terminator 2, it's hard to stop them.

Kevin De Bruyne 2.0 to come back too in the new year.

One thing that's come to light for me this weekend is just how much  alternative football media are a mirror image of the American alt right thought patterns, just in football form. Arsenal have a lot of these influencers so it is very prominent right now. I guess it is a social media disease. I think any fan base or team would be fuming about the goal but some of these influencers are unprofessional cranks. 

The statement by Arsenal Football Club is one made in a bubble, they should have waited until the emotion subsided to gather their thoughts properly. 

• Administrator
49 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

The statement by Arsenal Football Club is one made in a bubble, they should have waited until the emotion subsided to gather their thoughts properly. 

The statement is bizarre, pointless and doesn't actually add anything to the issue. 

• Administrator

If anything Wolves are in prime position to ask for the most change. Four clear and obvious instances where they've been fucked over already this season. Man Utd, Newcastle, Luton and now Sheff Utd. 

And therein lies a bigger problem. We're not even talking the odd mistake here. The consistency now is errors every single week, when in fact it was meant to eradicate them. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

If anything Wolves are in prime position to ask for the most change. Four clear and obvious instances where they've been fucked over already this season. Man Utd, Newcastle, Luton and now Sheff Utd. 

And therein lies a bigger problem. We're not even talking the odd mistake here. The consistency now is errors every single week, when in fact it was meant to eradicate them. 

The entitlement of the "big" clubs when decisions go against them is pathetic. Arsenal the latest to make an official statement because a decision went against them. Cry me a river. It happens to teams every weekend and Wolves were the exact example I was thinking of having seen that they'd had a second penalty given against them that shouldn't have been in the space of a few weeks. I don't see any "official club statement" from them.

57 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The entitlement of the "big" clubs when decisions go against them is pathetic. Arsenal the latest to make an official statement because a decision went against them. Cry me a river. It happens to teams every weekend and Wolves were the exact example I was thinking of having seen that they'd had a second penalty given against them that shouldn't have been in the space of a few weeks. I don't see any "official club statement" from them.

I agree with that and think Arsenal putting out a club statement is a bit pathetic really, but at the same time, we all know that the prem, PGMOL and others will listen more to the bigger clubs than the likes of Wolves over things like this. It shouldn't be like this, but we know that's the case.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

in isolation I would probably say it was an unnecessary risk and had he been sent off I would not have disputed it.

I do however think it was let off as Atwell was losing control of the game.  

I also said without mentioning the ref xD 

It's fine to admit it should have been a red card. Don't know why you have to mitigate for it every time. 

23 minutes ago, Stan said:

I also said without mentioning the ref xD 

It's fine to admit it should have been a red card. Don't know why you have to mitigate for it every time. 

asking closed questions is a cross examination trick but like I advise my clients you suggest answering the closed question but on the premise of giving a circumstantial response.

in this instance you can take it as an isolated event but then overlook the context, there were reasons why some of our players were getting boiled,  for starters Jorginho blatantly dived and then asked for a booking

I will say that Bruno at times can get a little boiled over and we would like to see him control the emotions better

Has to be the same gameplan as Arsenal, with far better concentration shown in the final 15 minutes. Jackson just losing confidence every match week atm. 

Sanchez

Gusto Silva Colwill Cucurella

Caicedo Enzo

Sterling                            Mudryk

Gallagher Palmer

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They should have made a stronger statement and kept pressure up on those clowns at PMGOL.

It does the complete opposite in my view. It undermines pressure because the VAR decision on the goal is deemed as correct by the main media figures who arent ex Arsenal. There's insufficient evidence for clear and obvious error. If there is a time for a statement this absolutely isn't it unless it was a demand for better tech. Arsenal have basically made statements worthless. Though statements are massively cringe in the first place, a weird new culture.

5 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

It does the complete opposite in my view. It undermines pressure because the VAR decision on the goal is deemed as correct by most of the main media figures. There's insufficient evidence for clear and obvious error. If there is a time for a statement this absolutely isn't it unless it was a demand for better tech. Arsenal have basically made statements worthless.

I'll take your word for it because I'm going out of my way to avoid anything to do with anything Saudi football related unless you're playing us, in which case I feel compelled to watch. And I've done a pretty good job of it, so I'm going to keep treating your club like prolonged exposure to watching them play or any highlights might give me cancer.

But generally speaking, anything that keeps pressure on PMGOL is good because they're all incredibly bad at their jobs. And it sounds like it's not just the VAR that was a disgrace about the officiating of this match from what people are saying on here.

In fairness though, I think most statements made about the officials are worthless. PMGOL needs serious structural leadership and structural reform before it has any meaningful changes. Until then it'll be the same flawed body of officials doing the same thing without any real consistency or care for if they're doing their jobs correctly.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

asking closed questions is a cross examination trick but like I advise my clients you suggest answering the closed question but on the premise of giving a circumstantial response.

in this instance you can take it as an isolated event but then overlook the context, there were reasons why some of our players were getting boiled,  for starters Jorginho blatantly dived and then asked for a booking

I will say that Bruno at times can get a little boiled over and we would like to see him control the emotions better

Grow up. This isn't some kind of legal battle with a judge and jury xD 

There's no excuse for elbowing someone in the back of the head. Even if that player is riled up. You just don't do that. It's a dick move. 

31 minutes ago, Stan said:

Grow up. This isn't some kind of legal battle with a judge and jury xD 

There's no excuse for elbowing someone in the back of the head. Even if that player is riled up. You just don't do that. It's a dick move. 

@MUFC

• The topic was unpinned