• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 12 - 11-12th November, 2023

football forum

• Administrator

1200px-Premier_League_Logo.svg.png

all kick-offs 15.00 (GMT)

Saturday 11th November, 2023
Wolves vs Tottenham, 12.30 (live on TNT)

Arsenal vs Burnley
Crystal Palace vs Everton
Man Utd vs Luton

Bournemouth vs Newcastle, 17.30 (live on Sky)

Sunday 12th November, 2023
Aston Villa vs Fulham, 14.00
Brighton vs Sheff Utd, 14.00
Liverpool vs Brentford, 14.00
West Ham vs Nottm Forest, 14.00 (live on Sky)

Chelsea vs Man City, 16.30 (live on Sky)

image.png

Tough fixture this weekend, away at a decent Liverpool team. We generally put in good performances against Liverpool with the 3-3 draw in our first season up, the win at home last season where we battered them from pillar to post and then the performance at Anfield which wasn't far off of deserving a point. With that said this Liverpool team have the ability to batter you at will, so it's hard to predict how the game will go.

I expect we will line up like this:

Flekken

Ajer - Collins - Pinnock - Mee - Janelt

Onyeka - Norgaard - Jensen

Mbeumo - Wissa

I feel like we'll probably use Ajer, Onyeka and Mbeumo to team up on Tsimikas when in possession. Klopp will be prepared for our set piece routines after being done by them twice in two years away against us. I'm actually a bit disappointed Mac Allister isn't playing as I don't think he's that great in the DM position and we'd really try to exploit that.

I am worried about Mo Salah up against Vitaly Janelt, it's going to be an interesting battle and one I hope Janelt can get the better of but at times he lacks a bit of mobility, which he does make up for in being two footed, but out of possession someone like Salah will revel twisting and turning him.

Our injury/suspension list is still pretty high, I would say probably one of the worst in the league, and our bench will be threadbare, but there is hope for Damsgaard and Lewis-Potter who have been training on the grass this week but how close they are to being match fit is anyones guess.

Spurs midfield has been completely overrun since the goal. Alongside that the narrow nature of their wing backs has played into Wolves’ hands as they stretch the game with their wide wing backs has meant theyve struggled for control.

The only plus side for both teams is that when either team drops deep to defend, the other team cant really create a clear cut chance (excluding the opening goal).

Spurs do defend in a weird way at timee. The defenders and Bissouma sit deeper whilst the midfield/forwards push a higher line meaning that Wolves can leave a winger deep in a wide position and Kilman can just ping it to them, completely bypassing Spurs attempted pressing 

What an end, fully deserved for Wolves. Spurs playing themselves into trouble there. Dier, Hjobjerg, Bissouma, Sarr, Son, Kulusevski…all a combination of poor or just invisible.

Very clear that for Spurs this style of play is so reliant on control from midfield and when you lack that, you’re just hoping for individual ability to come through. That final goal really summed up how laborious the midfield was today, can see why storts was not looking forward to this at all.

Gary O’Neill has been phenomenal, this Wolves team a step up from what he had at Bournemouth and hes grown with it. So aggressive, that midfield just constantly turning the ball over, drifting past players and creating opportunities.

• Subscriber

Decent game. Eze spent about 20 straight minutes terrorising us after they equalised but we've just about established some control in the game again.

I wouldn't say it's been very good from us though. Dyche has raised our minimum performance level which keeps us in the game. This would be 3-1 to Palace by now under Benitez or Lampard. Midfield not really doing a lot, Branthwaite having his first sub-7/10 performance since coming into the side and Calvert-Lewin has been left feeding off scraps.

• Subscriber

That was a very odd match but it's another three points. Palace will feel pretty aggrieved not to have got at least a point. Our second goal was particularly jammy.

We are an odd team because we looked absolutely dead on our feet 2-1 up and as soon as they equalised I'd have snatched your hand off for a point then we suddenly wake back up and go and grab a winner. 

If we could play away at the mid table teams who are a bit better than us every week then we'd be title contenders. Wins at Brentford, West Ham and Crystal Palace complete the "mid table obscurity" trifecta.

That puts us four points from safety if we get hit with a -12 point penalty. With the competition down there at the bottom I'd still back us to be well clear of it by the last day of the season if that did happen xD.

Easy win but lost another player, this time to a red card. Stupid tackle from Vieira (although worse has happened against us this season and the players were let off). Hopefully Ødegaard, Party, and Smith-Rowe are back from injury soon.

• The topic was unpinned