talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What do you like most about each season?

football forum

16 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Why? It's not like it would either be forbidden or impossible to open windows and doors to create a draft to cool down your place. Heaven, you youngsters are that spoiled by technical aids you completely ignore old well working strategies.xD

At least here in Lima that doesn’t work unless you live in a building, and even that doesn’t work perfectly. Thankfully the houses are better built here for the heat than England is. Can’t speak for Germany though. A good fan gets me through each summer.

Anyways I'll properly answer the question now.

Peru

Summer - the lack of days with gray sky and a proper sunset. For reference, most of the year Lima has a depressing sky with it being clouded and foggy most of the year. Also I enjoy the beach culture. I am not much of a beach person but the beaches here are decently photogenic and I enjoy the vibe most of them give off. It is a desert after all.

Winter - Despite saying the sunsets are better in the summer, the fog can give off a nice vibe at times. It just isn't nice when it happens all year, but for about 2 months of the year I actually do like it a bit. The sunsets suck though. Also, the weather in the winter is perfect. It can get cold at night without proper clothing but the worst is you'll shiver a bit and that's it. Since we don't have an AC, it's nice to get away from the heat a bit as we can put away our fans for the season.

Canada

Spring - the end of Spring is my favourite season. Perfect outdoorsy weather. When it's 15-25 degrees it's perfect for picnics and sports. I like the blossoming views of the trees and whatnot. The best season bar none.

Summer - Late sunsets and great vibe from the people as it's less depressing as a result. More people go outdoors.

Fall - The orange falling leaves especially in a more forested areas can be stunning to see, the weather is also good albeit not as great as spring.

Winter - Only thing I like about winter is the snowfall. Otherwise I hate the early sunsets and when it gets too cold it's hard to go outside even moreso than the brutal summer heat.

I am more of a winter fan,  it does help that winter is predominantly more what you call mild here with average winter days around 20-22C,  summer is brutal with coastal temps hitting 32-35C and high humidity while inland in the desert it hits 40C+ with that saturating raw heat and high UV which is horrible. 

Issue I have with Manchester is the summer weather. You'll usually get 2 weeks of good consistent heat. Rest of summer will have a mix of rain, odd days where the temperature will drop and the odd warmish day.