Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

How much do you pay for a pint in your local?

Converting to your currency around £7.35.

That's for an above average beer mind you. 

Here in Islington (North London) anything from £4.50 in a horrible pub to almost £6 in the good ones.

It varies from around £ 2.65 in "Happy Hour" to around £ 4.80 outside that period. Not cheap at all.

3 minutes ago, Berserker said:

It varies from around £ 2.65 in "Happy Hour" to around £ 4.80 outside that period. Not cheap at all.

In Argentina?!?

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

In Argentina?!?

No, in Oslo. Obviously boludo. That's in BA though, in most other provinces it's probably decently cheaper bar Patagonia and a few others.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Berserker said:

No, in Olso. Obviously boludo.

Yeah...  Just switched on the GPS I have tracking you down and found out before you answered me. :P

Strange Norway have cheaper beer than in Sweden.  I paid almost £10 out there about 4 years ago.

2 minutes ago, Berserker said:

No, in Olso. Obviously boludo.

How much do you pay for a beer locally where you live in Argentina?

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah...  Just switched on the GPS I have tracking you down and found out before you answered me. :P

Strange Norway have cheaper beer than in Sweden.  I paid almost £10 out there about 4 years ago.

It was sarcasm. xD

Just now, SirBalon said:

How much do you pay for a beer locally where you live in Argentina?

What i just said.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Berserker said:

It was sarcasm. xD

That's expensive for Argentina isn't it? :o

In Spain I will pay anything from €2 to stupid amounts depending if I go somewhere special.  But a local bar nothing more than €2 which right now will be about £1.89.

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That's expensive for Argentina isn't it? :o

In Spain I will pay anything from €2 to stupid amounts depending if I go somewhere special.  But a local bar nothing more than €2 which right now will be about £1.89.

It is, everything is. I find it hard to think of many things that would be cheaper here than in Southern Europe or most parts of the US, perhaps medical expenses, education or rent in some cases, not much else.

Just now, Berserker said:

It is, everything is. I find it hard to think of many things that would be cheaper here than in Southern Europe or most parts of the US, perhaps medical expenses or rent in some cases, not much else.

WOW!

Which beer do you drink out there...  Quilmes?

talentos_industriales_01_1.png.300x251_q

I love that beer!

Just now, SirBalon said:

WOW!

Which beer do you drink out there...  Quilmes?

talentos_industriales_01_1.png.300x251_q

I love that beer!

Iguana, Isenbeck, Palermo. Anything but Brahma really. Quilmes is decent now i think, altough it was UTTER shite a few years ago after it was purchased by the Brazilian company that makes Brahma, they must have changed the formula again. I was very surprised when they placed it among the best in the world in a youtube vid made by a large magazine comparing it to Heineken, Corona, Budweiser and many big ones, all the people that tried in on that video placed it above all those and others. Personally of all those my preference would be Corona, then Heineken.

4 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Iguana, Isenbeck, Palermo. Anything but Brahma really. Quilmes is decent now i think, altough it was UTTER shite a few years ago after it was purchased by the Brazilian company that makes Brahma, they must have changed the formula again. I was very surprised when they placed it among the best in the world in a youtube vid made by a large magazine comparing it to Heineken, Corona, Budweiser and many big ones, all the people that tried in on that video placed it above all those and others. Personally of all those my preference would be Corona, then Heineken.

I love it, you can really taste the hops in it which is different to many Latin American beers I've tried. Didn't know it was owned by a Brazilian company now though.

It's quite expensive here in England if you find it. Very few places have it. 

£6.12 in the country pub near me for a decent beer. A bit cheaper for cheap Aussie lager. In Perth though I've paid £7.20 or so for a good pint. Criminal. 

12 dollars for a pint...no one drinks pints out here unless it's in a German bar. 8 dollars for a schooner which is about 3/4 of a pint. 5/6 dollars in happy hour or just find a place that does 10 dollar jugs which gets you about 3 schooners.

£3.50+ in one of the pubs in the village I live in, £3 in the other but that's a Harvester restaurant with a bar and it's a dump. 

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I love it, you can really taste the hops in it which is different to many Latin American beers I've tried. Didn't know it was owned by a Brazilian company now though.

It's quite expensive here in England if you find it. Very few places have it. 

It's owned by Ambev, which itself is owned by Inbev, the biggest brewery in the world.

33 minutes ago, Danny said:

12 dollars for a pint...no one drinks pints out here unless it's in a German bar. 8 dollars for a schooner which is about 3/4 of a pint. 5/6 dollars in happy hour or just find a place that does 10 dollar jugs which gets you about 3 schooners.

No one drinks pints? Lol knew the West was better.

0.75$ to 5$ depending on beer and location.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Berserker said:

It is, everything is. I find it hard to think of many things that would be cheaper here than in Southern Europe or most parts of the US, perhaps medical expenses, education or rent in some cases, not much else.

I always thought everything was cheaper in Argentina.

37 minutes ago, nudge said:

0.75$ to 5$ depending on beer and location.

So that's about 57p :o

In Canadian $ the best you'll get around here is draught at 4$ for happy hour, any imports more regularly 6-7$ for a pint. Dont quote me but I remember our dollar to yours roughly; euro and pound 1.5 to our dollar. 

I dont tend to get loaded at bars, too expensive! Im always jelous when i go state side at how much cheaper their booze is.

Haven't you cockneys heard of Weatherspoons :ph34r:

anyone ever been to Katzenjammer near London Bridge?

bit expensive but best atmosphere for a pub I've been to. live music and German pints served by beautiful ladies. can't go wrong!!

Depending where you go and what you have in my area, usually between £2.50 - £3.40 (the more expensive being the odd one as the pub in question is a bit of a dive and only has Carling and Stella on draught).

So get this shit, fellas. Yanks don't even know what a bloody pint is. They use the fucking Imperial system! The tits also use Fluid Ounces but they cunts look puzzled when it comes to that, so they use asinine sizing like 'small', 'medium', 'large'. It is one of the things that boils my shit about Americans. Fuck me dead, they have the gall to ignore the metric system and not even use their own. :dam: Whatever the equivalent is; it can be about $5.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

So get this shit, fellas. Yanks don't even know what a bloody pint is. They use the fucking Imperial system! The tits also use Fluid Ounces but they cunts look puzzled when it comes to that, so they use asinine sizing like 'small', 'medium', 'large'. It is one of the things that boils my shit about Americans. Fuck me dead, they have the gall to ignore the metric system and not even use their own. :dam: Whatever the equivalent is; it can be about $5.

They also use the Imperial system in a different manner to is in the UK when it comes to the body weight of an adult. We go by stones and they go via pounds alone.