talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 32 - 6-7th April 2024

This is why United are where they are. For however terrible they can be, there is a lot of really good individual talent there and if they get a bit of momentum behind them they all come alive together.

16 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We’ve not been clinical for a while.

Other than Salah who is there to be clinical? A lot of players in your attack who are good but not quite good enough to keep starting

Feels like a loss. Another game where we handed points to Utd. 

Can’t wait for Jota to come back. He’s reliable for a goal. The rest of our forwards, including Salah, have been a let down as of late. Just squandering so many attacks. 

Edited by Rick

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Other than Salah who is there to be clinical? A lot of players in your attack who are good but not quite good enough to keep starting

Need Diaz and Nunez to be more consistent. 

United have done this against Villa, Luton, us and Liverpool twice now. They look helpless in games but have a knack for doing enough defending at the last ditch to stay in them

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Danny said:

This is why United are where they are. For however terrible they can be, there is a lot of really good individual talent there and if they get a bit of momentum behind them they all come alive together.

Agreed. Probably the most temperamental team in the league.

Quansah is a bit unlucky to be honest. It's a pretty innocuous misplaced pass and the only reason it's become a goal-costing error is an unreal finish from Fernandes.

Liverpool only have themselves to blame for dropping points. Nunez put in one of his Nicklas Bendtner tribute acts today.

Arsenal have it in their hands now. People cry-arsed about their tactics last week but now they're top on goal difference because they've got the best attacking and defensive records in the league.

Personally think City will still come through and win this. I don't see either Liverpool or Arsenal as the finished article and I think both will drop further points whereas it wouldn't remotely surprise me to see City win all of their remaining games.

Just now, Stan said:

Need Diaz and Nunez to be more consistent. 

Not sure that's going to happen tbh. Diaz has never been overly prolific and Nunez is just an anomaly of a player. Certainly both good to have around the place, as seen by Diaz' goal today, but yeah they haven't replaced Mane at all yet.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Danny said:

Not sure that's going to happen tbh. Diaz has never been overly prolific and Nunez is just an anomaly of a player. Certainly both good to have around the place, as seen by Diaz' goal today, but yeah they haven't replaced Mane at all yet.

Not yet. I think Nunez can still be very good. I do rate him. But no doubt Liverpool expect more from him. 

12 minutes ago, Danny said:

Jota but he’s injured

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Jota but he’s injured

His injury record for you is pretty terrible isn't it? The one forward at that level and he can't keep fit

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Agreed. Probably the most temperamental team in the league.

Quansah is a bit unlucky to be honest. It's a pretty innocuous misplaced pass and the only reason it's become a goal-costing error is an unreal finish from Fernandes.

Liverpool only have themselves to blame for dropping points. Nunez put in one of his Nicklas Bendtner tribute acts today.

Arsenal have it in their hands now. People cry-arsed about their tactics last week but now they're top on goal difference because they've got the best attacking and defensive records in the league.

Personally think City will still come through and win this. I don't see either Liverpool or Arsenal as the finished article and I think both will drop further points whereas it wouldn't remotely surprise me to see City win all of their remaining games.

Think the same as well. Had a quick look at the run in and Arsenal have got quite a nasty run. Man City’s looks pretty comfortable, while Liverpool have a couple of tricky fixtures.

This will feel a little ironic given what happened in the game but I really like the look of Quansah.

Shame for him really as I thought in the main he had a great game, and I really like for such a big tall lad, how much skill he has when he goes forward.

Never looks like doing that classic centre back thing of playing a hopeless ball or pass and some real moments where he showed great skill to keep an attack flowing. Big future that kid.

Also on Bruno's goal. If Allison is playing, I don't think he get's beat there, no way. Just saying.

Edited by Lucas

Tbh Arsenal still have a lot of big games to play. Villa at home who are fighting for top 4, Chelsea at home who will look to throw a spanner in the works, Spurs away which could easily be dropped points and United away too which could also be dropped points. Not to mention they've got a double header against Bayern to fit in and the chance to go even deeper into the Champions League.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, City are going to win the league.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Danny said:

Tbh Arsenal still have a lot of big games to play. Villa at home who are fighting for top 4, Chelsea at home who will look to throw a spanner in the works, Spurs away which could easily be dropped points and United away too which could also be dropped points. Not to mention they've got a double header against Bayern to fit in and the chance to go even deeper into the Champions League.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, City are going to win the league.

Villa seem to be having a bit of a wobble, especially not beating average sides like Brentford and West Ham. 

Liverpool were Kelleher's fingertips away from possibly losing that game,   If Kelleher saved that Fernandez shot he would have been red carded,  not sure who the third keeper is and who would have come off but that was inches away from a absolute disaster. 

• The topic was unpinned