talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Acolyte (2024)

football forums

• Subscriber

Just watched the first two episodes and found it very, very enjoyable! Intriguing story premise with completely new set of characters, new planets, new alien species. It helps that it takes place 100 years before Phantom Menace, so it is a completely fresh start for the story. 

Anyone else? 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
59 minutes ago, Tommy said:

So in what timeline does this play out? End of the High Republic Era? So before the original trilogy and the sequels?

Yes, I literally said in my post that it takes place 100 years before Phantom Menace xD

Official date is 132 BBY. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yes, I literally said in my post that it takes place 100 years before Phantom Menace xD

Official date is 132 BBY. 

Oh sorry, I only read my own posts. 

• Haha 3
  • Angry 1

3 hours ago, nudge said:

Just watched the first two episodes and found it very, very enjoyable! Intriguing story premise with completely new set of characters, new planets, new alien species. It helps that it takes place 100 years before Phantom Menace, so it is a completely fresh start for the story. 

Anyone else? 

Just watched the first 2, this could be very decent B| got a feeling the Sith will be the guy helping mia, think he was called Qim or something like that :35_thinking: as he quoted the Sith code

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Actually rewatching Andor right now with the better half as she hasnt seen it. Was plannning on watching Ahsoka after... maybe we watch this if we can instead we'll see how time goes. Were currently dog sitting and house sitting for a friend and her husband as they travel, they have disney plus so timing was good to catch up on a few things xD

• Upvote 1

I was planning on watching the first episode tonight, but I just had to watch both. Really, really good. 

I knew there's something wrong about twins. I've always been afraid of them. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

I caught up with the two episodes and its a very enjoyable watch. Love that they focus on a lot of actual exchanges between the characters with fight sequencing and the little trophy clause of no weapon usage keeps the fights a bit fresh.

It started rock bottom,  they are now getting picks and shovels to dig deeper.   I heard episode 3 managed to stick the landing for worst in class.   

I gave it a chance, some decent fight scenes ruined by strike a pose holds like any reasonable person does the super hero pose before fighting.   More star wars talking about star wars,  fire in space, ripping off the fugitive scene and of course "Mothers".   

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I gave it a chance, some decent fight scenes ruined by strike a pose holds like any reasonable person does the super hero pose before fighting.   More star wars talking about star wars,  fire in space, ripping off the fugitive scene and of course "Mothers".   

You aren't seriously concerned about combat realism in a show about space wizards that fight with light swords are you?

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You aren't seriously concerned about combat realism in a show about space wizards that fight with light swords are you?

It wasn't the combat,  it was the posing while talking before fighting like this is 1970's Chinese kung fu movie.   

It starts of with plot rot and it gets worse by the episode,  to start off with a Jedi Master,  a space wizard who is so force deaf you could pass the high school marching band through and she would not sense danger.  We have seen in star wars movies before that even Padawan's are sensitive enough to see time before them and react to danger,  this Jedi Master however is somehow distracted by the two knife trick.   

When can we go back to when space wizards with laser swords were actually OP as fuck, when Anakin goes ham on Tusken Raiders,  then the separatists and then on the Rebel Corvette ship at the end of Rebel One,  he was able to cut some poor guy in half on the roof while blocking point blank range because he is moving fast.   

The last time star wars had anything remotely good was when they need to dust off Hayden Christiansen and Ewan McGregor to have a good old fashion slug out,  sadly we saw to little of that in Obi Wan.   As you said,  they are space wizards,   so make them a little more space wizard and less pathetic. 

In short Acolyte is Coruscant Cops murder mystery,  it would have actually been compelling if they didn't drop the only plot twist in episode 1,  leading to the good twin being framed and hunted while she pursues here evil twin to clear her name leading to vindication.   

Lets also get a answer to a very simple question,  where the fuck is Yoda?  Green Nebula is painful. 

Just watched Episode 3. 

I thought it had a very nice message, that they showed the "unruly" girl to actually be the good one, and the one that seemed more tame and tied to the sisters turned out to be the "insane" one. And that Momma encouraged her daughter to make her own decisions. 

But yea, something definitely felt fucky. They all couldn't have died of the fire Mae started. So I think the Jedi definitely did some shady shit. 

But I have no idea what the fuck is being talked about above. I just read OrangeKhrush's posts and it sounds like random rambling. I don't know what the fuck it's all about. 

21 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

It wasn't the combat,  it was the posing while talking before fighting like this is 1970's Chinese kung fu movie.   

It starts of with plot rot and it gets worse by the episode,  to start off with a Jedi Master,  a space wizard who is so force deaf you could pass the high school marching band through and she would not sense danger.  We have seen in star wars movies before that even Padawan's are sensitive enough to see time before them and react to danger,  this Jedi Master however is somehow distracted by the two knife trick.   

When can we go back to when space wizards with laser swords were actually OP as fuck, when Anakin goes ham on Tusken Raiders,  then the separatists and then on the Rebel Corvette ship at the end of Rebel One,  he was able to cut some poor guy in half on the roof while blocking point blank range because he is moving fast.   

The last time star wars had anything remotely good was when they need to dust off Hayden Christiansen and Ewan McGregor to have a good old fashion slug out,  sadly we saw to little of that in Obi Wan.   As you said,  they are space wizards,   so make them a little more space wizard and less pathetic. 

In short Acolyte is Coruscant Cops murder mystery,  it would have actually been compelling if they didn't drop the only plot twist in episode 1,  leading to the good twin being framed and hunted while she pursues here evil twin to clear her name leading to vindication.   

Lets also get a answer to a very simple question,  where the fuck is Yoda?  Green Nebula is painful. 

Literally, why waste your time if you knew you weren't going to like it?

Do what I do. Don't bother?

It’s going to take something seriously good to save Star Wars. Disney just keep fucking it more and more. I don’t meant to be a killjoy, but I am fed up with the direction the franchise is going. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Rick said:

It’s going to take something seriously good to save Star Wars. Disney just keep fucking it more and more. I don’t meant to be a killjoy, but I am fed up with the direction the franchise is going. 

You and a lot of fans and this isnt related to the aforementioned stuff. The scripts seem so trite and simplistic in nature with a lot of stuff that just isn't helping. I think there were rumbling from the Marvel camp that they wanted to do less but do more quality and maybe Star Wars needs this treatment too. Yeah its a money raker but if you're pumping out shows for anything and everything you're basically throwing money away and quantity isn't necessarily translating to quality. Needs a hard reset imo and then a shift in stance to something a bit more familiar. I would avoid the Skywalker arc altogether and try and bring something else in. 

I started it yesterday and watched all the episodes available… thought it was pretty good tbh.

I think I see what a right wing culture warrior who hates Disney because they are “woke” wouldn’t like the show (compared to the original trilogy and prequels, the cast of this is distinctly less white) - but otherwise if you’ve liked literally any of the other Star Wars TV shows that have come out recently, you’ll probably like this.

• Upvote 1