talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EA Sports FC. (Formerly FIFA).

football forum

I'm actually stunned that EA, EfuckingA, are giving away free DLC for the World Cup when they could have simply creates another World Cup game for dumb asses to buy, then fuck it off after two months.

Then I started to see that parts of it link with FUT and appears to be a quick money making scheme around that instead. ¬¬

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2018 at 05:50, Cannabis said:

So yeah, ended up 12 points clear at Christmas so decided to knock the Roma game on it's head, it was just too easy even with sliders. I've made a new game now which I love, can't believe I never thought to try it sooner. Basically, I've started as manager of Ajax and my goal is to win the Eridevisie, the Dutch Cup and the Champions League with one very specific rule; I can only use regens that have been signed through the Youth Academy. 

Basically, on Legendary this is fucking hard. My current team three games into the season looks like this (I've scouted Holland, Belgium and Saudi Arabia);

Al-Masaari (56) Al Yousef (58) Mercier (51)

Vos (55) Bruyn (53)

de Haan (57)

Smits (47) van den Bosch (51) Madari (50) Claes (52)

Wouters (51)

Subs: Goosens (GK - 49), Saleh (CM - 49) van den Bosch (CM - 42) van Leeuwen (CAM - 52)  Alzeshi (CDM - 51), Al Hardi (CAM - 47)

@Cicero @Panna King @The Rebel CRS @Blue @Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Basically what I did with Sampdoria, except mine were all youth academy players with one future star. 

It is difficult earlier on. Sassuolo was seriously my most difficult team to beat throughout my campaign. I spank Inter. Juve and Milan are moderately difficult. I'm in my 5th season so far. Eventually sold Torreira and got Isco. 

Amante (85)

Biviano (82))---------------------------De Nucci (82)

Isco (90) -------------Alonso (81)

Ferrari (84)

Saraachi (85)---Ricci (90)---Mammana (84)---Rizzo (78)

Leno (88) 

Calcio A : 3

Copa Nazionale : 4

Champions league - 1 

On 20/05/2018 at 11:50, Cannabis said:

So yeah, ended up 12 points clear at Christmas so decided to knock the Roma game on it's head, it was just too easy even with sliders. I've made a new game now which I love, can't believe I never thought to try it sooner. Basically, I've started as manager of Ajax and my goal is to win the Eridevisie, the Dutch Cup and the Champions League with one very specific rule; I can only use regens that have been signed through the Youth Academy. 

Basically, on Legendary this is fucking hard. My current team three games into the season looks like this (I've scouted Holland, Belgium and Saudi Arabia);

Al-Masaari (56) Al Yousef (58) Mercier (51)

Vos (55) Bruyn (53)

de Haan (57)

Smits (47) van den Bosch (51) Madari (50) Claes (52)

Wouters (51)

Subs: Goosens (GK - 49), Saleh (CM - 49) van den Bosch (CM - 42) van Leeuwen (CAM - 52)  Alzeshi (CDM - 51), Al Hardi (CAM - 47)

@Cicero @Panna King @The Rebel CRS @Blue @Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Good idea for a campaign(like @Cicero's), I think i might do the same at some point(probably on the next Fifa now) but start as low down the leagues as possible. I might have a go with Morecambe when Fifa 9 comes out.

As for this one, I was thinking of resuming my Rover's career as I haven't played on it for months and still had quite a young squad if I remember correctly.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

21 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Fuck the WC mode. I remember when there was an actual WC game not this bollocks.

2010 was my favourite version. I remember being deeply disappointed by 2014, so it was on a downward spiral.

20 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Fuck the WC mode. I remember when there was an actual WC game not this bollocks.

In fairness, I was expecting EA to wallet rape everyone as they usually do with a World Cup game, but to have it free is better methinks, especially as the game is redundant once the World Cup is finished.

2 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

In fairness, I was expecting EA to wallet rape everyone as they usually do with a World Cup game, but to have it free is better methinks, especially as the game is redundant once the World Cup is finished.

I don't know mate. The World Cup games were different and I played them long until the next World Cup having fun with the group draws as well as the be a player mode. Unfortunately, one of those 2 was removed (draw) and the other game mode was nerfed beyond belief.

2010 World Cup was my favourite FIFA game full stop. Even if Peru were totally bollocks on that compared to now, but 2014 was terrible. Maybe its for the best they made an addable game mode onto the current game because they were going downhill, but I don't know to be honest. Nostalgia tells me otherwise.

• Subscriber

I think it doesn't offer much. After opening a few packs and playing a few tournaments offline and online there's not much else on offer. Would be good if they had some sort of weekly/daily objectives like normal Ultimate Team.

• Subscriber

Looking forward to a new fifa, this last one was such a pile of AIDs but the first fifa I'd bought since about 2010 so still played a lot. I imagine if the next version is similar to 2018 (which it will be) I'll take another lengthy hiatus from the franchise.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Reading about it, they'll have Derek Rae doing the commentary for Champions League, Europa League and Super Cup games.

Oh, how I've missed him from my television. 

Back in the glorious days when ESPN broadcasted the Champions League. 

• 3 weeks later...

Lads, I need help.

I want to start a manager career, but I have no idea who to pick. 

I'm wanting a side with a large number of young talent, but with also enough funding to go out and buy a first team player if needed.

Any suggestions? 

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Ajax?

I knew that would be the first suggestion 😂 

Maybe I'm looking for a club not so prestigious or big. I like a bit of realism starting small and working up. 

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

The FIFA community are such pussies, made it to the World Cup final online and scored two goals in the opening 7 minutes to take a two goal lead, after which the lad quits out. 

Seriously, are people that rattled by a video game that they can't stay to finish it? What a complete clown.

Yep. Rage quitting and constant cheating throughout just to win on a video game. PUBG I've heard is getting a battering as cheaters are rampant (on PC at least anyway).

Another dumb thing is that the character models they made for the World Cup game didn't get carried over into the base game. So when you play the World Cup, a player like Casemiro looks like himself, while in career mode he's still just given a generic character model. 10/1 says they'll use the same generic model for FIFA19.

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

You sound surprise that EA have done the bare minimum? They're lazy cunts, absolute scavengers.

It seemed like a no-brainer. Then again, the people at EA really do have no brain so nothing shocks me at this point.

• 1 month later...

FIFA 19 Career mode might actually be enjoyable with these new features:

- Uefa Champions League/Europa League License

- Derek Rae commentator for European Games

- Manager Team Talks

- Enhanced Team Tactics

- Press Confrences

- More Cut Scenes

- Better Trophy Award Cut Scenes

- Customization of Manager

- Create a Club (Rumored)

Wish they would just scrape the journey and focus all that effort in become a pro. No one wants to pursue a career of a player they didn't create themselves. 

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, Cicero said:

FIFA 19 Career mode might actually be enjoyable with these new features:

- Uefa Champions League/Europa League License

- Derek Rae commentator for European Games

- Manager Team Talks

- Enhanced Team Tactics

- Press Confrences

- More Cut Scenes

- Better Trophy Award Cut Scenes

- Customization of Manager

- Create a Club (Rumored)

Wish they would just scrape the journey and focus all that effort in become a pro. No one wants to pursue a career of a player they didn't create themselves. 

Team talks and press conferences, if implemented well, might be cool, tactics I can't see being much better than they currently are but I'll happily be proven wrong. UEFA tournaments will be cool but stuff like cut scenes and customisable managers really doesn't appeal to me.

• The title was changed to EA Sports FC. (Formerly FIFA).