talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Talk Football 365 All Time Starting XI

football forum

Mine are Iniesta, for the reasons Stan said, and one I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned already which is Zidane.

I'd actually have Pirlo as my holding midfielder. Not as defensive as Busquets but exceptional in that deeper role. But it's too late for that.

51 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Iniesta has to be there, absolute magician in the middle of the park. I actually think my other would be Frank Lampard, the perfect all round midfielder and a pure goal-getter. I think he was the best English midfielder of his generation.

So Iniesta & Lampard.

You're wrong. :ph34r:

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Iniesta and Maradona. Can see this being quite easy.

Anyone remember the Iniesta/Zidane debate we had a while back? Iniesta all day long. 

It was closer between the two at the time to be fair, but Iniesta proved to be way more than just a consequence of that excelent Barça side, just like Messi. Today that myth about some of those Barça players is well and truly buried I believe. He could play in any side in the world... be it in Germany, Italy or England and do excellently.

There's world class and then there's Iniesta class.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Iniesta and Maradona.

On what planet was Zidane and certainly Matthaus better than Maradona?

personally never seen Maradona play to be honest so I wouldn't feel right voting for him. 

• Subscriber

Iniesta definitely has to be in this position just because it always looks like the football wants to be with him when hes running. Oozes class both on and off the pitch. 

The second position is debatable and I have seen Maradona play but I was too young to really appreciate the genius. I am going to go with a Brazilian here and plug Ronaldinho in the slot to allow the CM to become an AM as well in the formation.

1 hour ago, StanLCFC said:

personally never seen Maradona play to be honest so I wouldn't feel right voting for him. 

With Maradona it's not like the material isn't there.  Infact you can watch every single one of his professional games if you like and then everyone will know.

It's not black and white stuff.  When everyone says he was the greatest ever, they're not joking.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

With Maradona it's not like the material isn't there.  Infact you can watch every single one of his professional games if you like and then everyone will know.

It's not black and white stuff.  When everyone says he was the greatest ever, they're not joking.

I don't have time to watch all of his games xD 

And I'm not saying others are wrong. I'm just stating that in my opinion I can't vote for someone I've never seen play. It's like agreeing with someone else's choice that X film is the greatest film ever even though I've never seen it. That's their opinion that it's the greatest film ever and a million other people may think so. But I've not seen that film so I don't feel I'm in a position to comment on it? The same goes with players like George Best, Zico, Yashin as mentioned before. 

1 minute ago, StanLCFC said:

I don't have time to watch all of his games xD 

And I'm not saying others are wrong. I'm just stating that in my opinion I can't vote for someone I've never seen play. It's like agreeing with someone else's choice that X film is the greatest film ever even though I've never seen it. That's their opinion that it's the greatest film ever and a million other people may think so. But I've not seen that film so I don't feel I'm in a position to comment on it? The same goes with players like George Best, Zico, Yashin as mentioned before. 

For sure!  What someone feels on something is how it should be to be honest.

What I was trying to say is that with Maradona it's not like with other players of the past where the material is sparse (although we can blame media companies for that in many cases).  Thankfully he played in an era where the cameras were already at every football match even though unlike today not everything was transmitted live.

Is there any way we can make you have the time?  Haven't you got a younger brother that can go out for a few months to do your job for you?  What are older brothers there for anyway except for telling their younger ones to do as they say. :ph34r:

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Is there any way we can make you have the time?  Haven't you got a younger brother that can go out for a few months to do your job for you?  What are older brothers there for anyway except for telling their younger ones to do as they say. :ph34r:

So odd that me and my brother were talking about this in the morning lol. Lets just say he's been successful at it for a while now.

53 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

So odd that me and my brother were talking about this in the morning lol. Lets just say he's been successful at it for a while now.

When my brother was younger (I'm four years older than him) I used to get him to do all those things I didn't like doing like even tying up my shoelaces (that one I used to tell him it would benefit him in the future) or even cleaning my trainers. xD

I do feel guilty now though. :$

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

When my brother was younger (I'm four years older than him) I used to get him to do all those things I didn't like doing like even tying up my shoelaces (that one I used to tell him it would benefit him in the future) or even cleaning my trainers. xD

I do feel guilty now though. :$

Oddly enough thats our age gap and I haven't ever tied any shoelaces but I sure have done a lot of other things like being told that doing his homework would help me at my studies in four years time :D. Newsflash, it didn't.

OT: Looks like Iniesta is a shoe-in and maybe Zidane will climb up to Maradona if more people vote for him. Interesting.

Archived