talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester City Discussion

football forum

• 3 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Stan said:

Apparently we're looking at Frank, @Danny... 

I would genuinely be surprised if he left us it’s been such a big project and there’s still more to get out of it, but with you he will have the chance to break the top 4 eventually so I can see why he would take it. The thing that keeps him with us is that I think we can be in the same position as you and West Ham within a couple of seasons and it’d be a much better story if he does that with us. Not to mention we have a support system that is probably not really topped by any club in the league.

If he were to go it wouldn’t surprise me if his current assistant Brian Reimer took over as Frank did from Smith.

• Subscriber

I like the fact you as a neutral still perceive us as a club that can push the top 4, because that's more likely to actually strengthen our hand going forward. I think it's been and gone myself but if we cling onto this perception from the outside then it helps our cause - opens more doors for us anyway.

I'd definitely have him, he's proven himself worthy. I'm a little sceptical of how Brentford managers have done since leaving them, pointing to the model of the club as the strength above anything, but he's also done the best job quite obviously. Do it if you can Leicester.

• Administrator
45 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@Stan I'm surprised Rodgers is still there. Apparently you have been linked to Benitez which could be a disaster. Do you think poccentino could be a good choice? I think he's a decent coach personally. PSG is an impossible job at times I still think he could do well. 

Not sure where the Benitez link has come from. Probably Talksport who love to chat shite and make it up in equal measure. 

Pochettino yes. I'd take him.

42 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Benitez would be an absolute catastrophe.

Agreed.

We need someone who plays more exciting football. 

• Subscriber

Benitez wouldn't be first choice but if you offer me him now I'm probably taking it. That's how bad it is.

We have good players but we have a manager and coaching staff who are the most clueless I've ever seen at this level at organising a team defensively. Add some defensive nous to us, whether that's Benitez, Dyche, Frank, whoever - I think we improve. I mean we literally can't get worse.

Absolutely gobsmacked he's still in a job. I think we're done for. I cannot believe the astounding level of ineptitude of the board.

Edited by Dan

1 minute ago, Dan said:

I'd honestly have Puel back over this. That's how bad it is.

The darkest days under Rodgers can be quite fucking dark, so I'm not surprised. Weirdly, like with us... he's managing to cling onto the job longer than should be reasonably possible considering the performances (and results).

Bit of a shitshow for Leicester though - changing managers mid-season is never ideal unless you've got someone lined up after they're ready to come back into football after their sabbatical. And the new manager's going to have to come in and try to give players bereft of confidence some confidence again, as well as try to get players that haven't looked like they give a fuck to suddenly give a fuck.

But when Rodgers is out of ideas, it's absolute rubbish and your club feels like it's in total freefall. I know how you feel right now.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The darkest days under Rodgers can be quite fucking dark, so I'm not surprised. Weirdly, like with us... he's managing to cling onto the job longer than should be reasonably possible considering the performances (and results).

Bit of a shitshow for Leicester though - changing managers mid-season is never ideal unless you've got someone lined up after they're ready to come back into football after their sabbatical. And the new manager's going to have to come in and try to give players bereft of confidence some confidence again, as well as try to get players that haven't looked like they give a fuck to suddenly give a fuck.

But when Rodgers is out of ideas, it's absolute rubbish and your club feels like it's in total freefall. I know how you feel right now.

This is inexplicable though, I've never seen such astounding ineptitude yet the manager feels so untouchable. What does he actually have to do to get sacked? This is beyond a bad start, this is up there with the worst start a team has ever made in this league, and it's being done with a side that's not finished in the bottom half since 2017. I actually think it's the worst start of all time.

We've got a nice run of games coming up, and yet now all I think happens is we allow this bloke to push us further into the mire. He's beyond out of ideas, I think he wants the sack himself.

Forest next. It's absolutely astounding that the club cannot see what a chance this is. If we change manager, lift spirits a bit, we will beat them - they're only being saved from a pasting by our own ineptness. Yet I think we're going to actually give it to him, we're going to lose, gift them the shot in the arm they need and put them 6 ahead of us. Every day that passes I look and think Leicester being a well run club was an illusion hidden behind the brilliance of the likes of Vardy.

• Subscriber

I'm terrified about our future. I don't think the owner's got a clue what he's doing. It's all very sad. He got thrust into the position before he truly knew how to hold it. It's taken a while for that to be revealed but it's becoming clearer and clearer to me that this is the case. It didn't have to be like this.

We've taken a loan out against future TV earnings as well. We are completely stuffed if we go down. I don't think another Derby situation is beyond the realms of possibility. This will sound dramatic but this is a club that simply hasn't budgeted at all for relegation, and it's becoming clearer and clearer that's where it's going to end up.

Top, I'm begging you, end this madness before it becomes irrecoverable. Admit your mistake on Rodgers, this cunt doesn't give a single shit for this club, he thought he was above it from day one. Let him win this stand off and get our act together.

Edited by Dan

The Benitez link comes from Richard Keys who has a psychotic personal hatred of the man and a total vendetta against him that has him utterly obsessed with his every move. He spends more time thinking about Benitez than the rest of us put together think about our jobs. He's obsessed and won't let go with trying to end his career. Benitez was poor for Everton and I don't think he's the right fit for Leicester but I really wouldn't listen to the likes of Keys on the subject.

Leicester seem far too indecisive at the moment which may be indicative of the new owner being thrust into the role before he was ready, as mentioned. Rodgers does indeed have the air of a man who thinks "oh, it's not my problem, I'm going to walk straight into a massive job if you sack me" arrogance. The lack of basic defensive coaching is totally on Rodgers and he should be called out for it. 

I'm not entirely sure Leicester will be able to persuade Frank, it might be Dyche or twisting by going abroad for a manager. This would be better than Rodgers.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This is literally the only thing I can think of as to why he's not been sacked yet. I don't think it's anything to do with affordability - the cost of relegation is far more damaging than paying the price for firing Rodgers right now. I sense the club just don't want to be managerless. There were rumours that the 'sacking' of Rodgers was made more complicated when Potter went to Chelsea, which indicates to me that we were gunning for him.

I can't think of any other managers that survive getting thrashed every week, heading into October with no wins in any competition (a penalty shootout against Stockport really doesn't count), and conceding 4+ more times in 3 of the first 6 games this season. Totally embarrassing. Last season's errors don't appear to have been rectified i.e. defensive woes and set-piece shambles.

Rodgers is clearly waiting for the sack and his big payout. 

Even sacking him and having a caretaker manager in place will help - just get the incompetent fool out of our club and give us all a bit of fresh air and belief. He's totally stank the place out and sucked the life out of it.  

Maybe Leicester cannot afford to sack Rodgers? Not sure how far into his deal he is but I keep reading about a £10m severence pay should they pull the plug.

We're all aware there was a very limited kitty to bring players in this Summer so I can't inagine they will be too hasty to want to pay Rodgers off.

Maybe they are thinking he's got some easier games coming up, win a couple of those and gain some positive momentum to kickstart the season. Managers have turned around difficult starts before, although I'm not saying that should be the case here.

I also kinda feel like the Leicester heirachy are being incredibly patient because they feel they owe it to Rodgers to be. I mean, they suffered with the injuries last season and he goton with his job. He didn't get to strengthen the club in the summer and he got on with it again.

They must have a decent relationship with him hense why they are affording him some grace, but equally from a business critical decision, it's probably one they have no choice but to make now.

If he's not gone by Forest, he certainly will be if they lose that.

And if he goes, I can see Solskjaer getting it. Leicester do have the players set up for his way of thinking.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
8 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@Stan @Dan I do think its incredible that you and wolves finished above us a couple of seasons ago and now you are 20 points behind us and wolves are 18 points behind. Thats an incredible turn around in 2 years 

Amazing what spending hundreds of millions of pounds can do isn't it?!

It's not that incredible when you think about what Arsenal have spent, and what we can. 

The rich six can spend as they wish. Simple as that. What the smaller, less rich, clubs could do wouldn't be sustainable for them. 

Arsenal were never going to be away from top 4/5 for long-term. 

Helps that you have a competent manager, too. 

20 minutes ago, Stan said:

Amazing what spending hundreds of millions of pounds can do isn't it?!

It's not that incredible when you think about what Arsenal have spent, and what we can. 

The rich six can spend as they wish. Simple as that. What the smaller, less rich, clubs could do wouldn't be sustainable for them. 

Arsenal were never going to be away from top 4/5 for long-term. 

Helps that you have a competent manager, too. 

It wasn't meant as a piss take. I've said loads of times I like Leicester. I was referring to how the standards have dropped at Leicester under rodgers 

• Administrator
44 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

It wasn't meant as a piss take. I've said loads of times I like Leicester. I was referring to how the standards have dropped at Leicester under rodgers 

I know mate 👍