talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2024-2025 sack race

• Administrator

Copper may not be the first but I don't think he'll last the season. Especially if we find ourselves cut adrift by more than 2 wins by around Feb perhaps. 

I think first manager to go will be Dyche or Martin. 

• Subscriber

There's a clause in Dyche's contract where he gets paid an extra year's salary if he gets sacked before the contract expires, which makes it much more unlikely we'll pull the plug on him given our financial situation. However, if we get beaten by Leicester at the weekend then I don't see that the club has much choice but to sack him.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

absolutely nothing about it on BBC. 

BBC were one of the earlier publications that went on about strained relations between how and Mitchell.    It hasn't struck me that there is any proof of a fundamental break in relations.   It was a frustrating summer but on the other hand you don't always get what you want and rather than just buying for the sake of it,  holding out is the better option.

Eddie Howe was projected as the first high profile sacking,  not sure who's projection it was,  may have been SkySports,  the fallout of the Mitchell interview led to stories of a break down in trust that saw big debates on talksport about Howe getting sacked. 

There is no real option out there so I find it to be crisis acting. 

On 15/09/2024 at 17:00, Bravado said:

Postecoglou for sure.

Not sure if he will be the first but he may get sacked. I think things are being a bit over exaggerated though. They've had a slow start but I don't think they need to panic yet. Their aim will be to get top 4 which they are still more than capable of. I haven't seen the comment he made about always winning something in the second season so I can't comment on it. I'd have to see it in its context. However he does seem like someone who thinks he's a better manager than he is. People have to remember Gerrard won the league in Scotland. And the other leagues he managed in aren't leagues where you will be up against other elete managers 

Options are a bit skint.  I heard a "rumour" about Tuchel however I dont think the plug will be pulled to soon if at all.

I predicted a 7th or 8th place finish,  however it is the nature of the football that is "alarming".  It is Bournemouth Eddie back and not the Simeone one.   Teams just play straight through us effortlessly