talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

51 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

And of course if Spurs get anything from the game without Kane, it will paint a clear picture of United.

How great a day would that be? ;)

True, but I feel better that Kane is out, Spurs are much easier to defend with out him.  Now if Hazard was to pick up a knock agaisnt Bournemouth and missed the next game.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Always seems to be something on this fixture. Whether it's the opening day, boxing day or us simply lifting the trophy. Now it's a game where two managers make their league debut for said clubs.

God knows what he'll do with the team. He's quite hands on apparently but I don't expect him to make drastic changes from the last couple of games immediately.

I'll sit on the fence and say draw.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Always seems to be something on this fixture. Whether it's the opening day, boxing day or us simply lifting the trophy. Now it's a game where two managers make their league debut for said clubs.

God knows what he'll do with the team. He's quite hands on apparently but I don't expect him to make drastic changes from the last couple of games immediately.

if he's true to his word in his press conference, then I can't see many changes. He says he wants to continue the intensity of the last 2 games and carry on the good form, and he's noticed we've been better on the ball last 2 games too. I hope he doesn't change much. Not just yet anyway. 

9 minutes ago, Dan said:

Unsworth already managed in the league for us. 

22 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

True, but I feel better that Kane is out, Spurs are much easier to defend with out him.  Now if Hazard was to pick up a knock agaisnt Bournemouth and missed the next game.

Well with you calling for all these helping hands to fall in your lap, kinda makes one think you are not as confident in your mob this season as the weaker minded followers of yesterdays title team.

I always knew you was smarter than "one of the bottle"

If Man Utd actually want to keep up with Man City, they're gonna have to show that they're big enough to try and win games like this. After spending so much money, they shouldn't be cowering to another team especially as it'll see them fall further behind.

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Unsworth already managed in the league for us. 

Good point. Me falling for the media guff there. Bit concerned by what I heard midweek though, you were apparently impressive. I don't think we were that great although it was a largely changed side.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Good point. Me falling for the media guff there. Bit concerned by what I heard midweek though, you were apparently impressive. I don't think we were that great although it was a largely changed side.

Second half we were, first half the only difference was the intensity in which we pressed but Chelsea danced around it. 

All depends on whether we can get some service to the front players. 

23 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Well with you calling for all these helping hands to fall in your lap, kinda makes one think you are not as confident in your mob this season as the weaker minded followers of yesterdays title team.

I always knew you was smarter than "one of the bottle"

Luck is becoming more important in wining the Premier, what with more good teams than ever.   Staying injury free, catching your opponents when they are having a poor run or injured or tired, having refereeing decisions go your way.  Even not playing any European football.

I am not proud, I don't want a level playing field, I will take victory anyway I can get it.

4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I think it will cagey but if United get an early goal then maybe they will play a bit... Spurs will just be going for it as normal

Don't you mean if Spurs score early? If Man Utd score early you may as well turn over to Come Dine With Me on Channel4

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Great defensive performance! Same team scored 3 on liverpool in the first half!

You are playing at home you know that right?? Mind you after the Huddersfield shambles I suppose you are a bit frightened to step out of your own half just in case.. 

Archived