talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

There is a lack of accountability in the back four.  You keep committing shitty mistakes and you will still keep getting selected. So these players don't really care.  How many more chances will the likes of Lovren,  Mignolet get? And it's plain brain facts.  Don't think the manager can do a lot about that. 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

The manager is the one saying we only need 1 very particular CB and refused to strengthen our weakest area.

Of course, he's a yes man, like the man before him and the man after him will be. If we're criticising our business in the transfer market let's apportion the blame to all those that are responsible at least

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Partly yeah, because they have some of their own people as part of the committee. I genuinely don't believe that say, Robertson or Chamberlain, Klopp has gone out and said 'get me them'. Committee signings written all over them

The owners aren’t the committee though. FSG have supplied enough money during transfer windows for this defensive mess to have been sorted. Whether it’s Klopp (who has stated time and again that he is in charge of transfers) or a committee who is to blame, it certainly isn’t FSG’s. 

I suppose it’s the owners fault that the managers tactics leaves our defence exposed time and time again? 

The defence were left 2v 3 on so many occasions today it’s not even funny, and it happens game after game after game. 

That isn’t the goalkeepers fault, or the defenders. It’s a critical problem with the system and the tactics being employed. 

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

The owners aren’t the committee though. FSG have supplied enough money during transfer windows for this defensive mess to have been sorted. Whether it’s Klopp (who has stated time and again that he is in charge of transfers) or a committee who is to blame, it certainly isn’t FSG’s. 

I suppose it’s the owners fault that the managers tactics leaves our defence exposed time and time again? 

Mike Gordon is on the committee, he's their president! Of course Henry and Werner aren't involved day to day, they're chilling somewhere in Boston but their people are employed to reach their aims and targets. Which is certainly not to win trophies.

I've already said that the manager takes full responsibility for the set up on match day haven't I? But when people talk about transfers, that's a different matter

35 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I for one would like to see Ward starting over both Migs and Karius.  He looks more assured than both of them.  But that's not going to happen. 

Danny Ward is a very good young 'keeper. I don't see why he shouldn't be pushing for a place with those two jokers in front of him.

Spurs are quality at the moment and don't look like slowing down any time soon. For years they were labelled a side capable of challenging, but that was never the case, until recently. They are now strong challengers without a doubt and I genuinely see them as having more chance than United and Chelsea of winning the league this season, although it'll be close between them. City still strong favourites though.

6 minutes ago, Storts said:

Honestly if we were at the Lane I’d have backed us to win it this year, as it stands I think top 3 is likely. Either way though about time we start getting the credit we deserve

You're playing well but even if you were at White Hart Lane, Man City still exist and are playing better. You have a great chance to finish in the top 2 again now that Mourinho is looking to make a mountain out of a molehill but can't see Tottenham doing any better than last season. Would be a shame for Tottenham if they failed to put their name to a trophy when this is the best they've ever been in the Premier League era.

8 minutes ago, Storts said:

Ps. Talk about Liverpool’s defence fine but Jordan Henderson is absolute shite.

He is. Was gutted when I saw him starting. But it was either him or Ox, who is shitter. Can't believe 40m was spent on him.

16 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Man City need to slip up soon to keep it interesting, they could be 7 points clear of both Man Utd and Tottenham if those two draw with each other next weekend.

We will drop points somewhere down the line but yes that match will be huge for both.

17 minutes ago, Storts said:

Honestly if we were at the Lane I’d have backed us to win it this year, as it stands I think top 3 is likely. Either way though about time we start getting the credit we deserve

Yeah class side mate, very well coached. Class for English football as well.

You need to win something this year though.

1 hour ago, Chaaay AFC said:

One of the best pieces of business in Arsenal history is getting £40m for Chamberlain with a year left on his deal.

Houses made of cards tend to come tumbling down mate because although they look wonderful looking at them from one perspective, look at them from another and the story is a whole different one.

The Oxlade-Chamberlain deal in my view was a chance move and both the player and club agreed. Where as we’ve got two players worth potentially a lot more on their final year’s contract and probably going for free or pittance in January. 

But yeah... We saved something on that one. 

1 minute ago, carefreeluke said:

Yeah class side mate, very well coached. Class for English football as well.

You need to win something this year though.

They really do, otherwise they will lose their stars. The whole wage structure is great that they have developed these players but wages these days are too much for those players to ignore. Losing Kane would be a nightmare for them next summer

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 28-30th October 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived