talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair to Koeman that was one of Arsenal's strongest performances in a very long time. Although we could have had so many more if not for wasteful finishing. I think he has to go now, no coming back from that.

Good to see Wenger go full strength today for once. Goes to show what can happen when you play your strongest team. Disappointing to concede 2 goals off very sloppy play but you can't groan at a 5-2 win away at Goodison. 

I'll miss Özil if he goes, just a phenomenal player.

I have to say that this Everton side today is the worst Premier League side I’ve seen all season. What exactly are they playing at? What’s the ideal behind it all? What’s it all about! I felt sorry for the Toffee fans at Goodison Park today from their perspective.

As for us... Electric going forward and extremely entertaining in that facet. An absolute disaster and a joke defensively, but attacking wise you couldn’t ask for more today and it could’ve been more goals easily.

The game was only competitive for 15 minutes and then turned into a tennis match. After our equaliser it was all about Arsenal. Great 3 points but this will only occur against sides with no plan like Everton today. 

• Subscriber

I'd have Moyes back yesterday to get rid of this absolute shite. How much more are fans of this club expected to put up with.

Even worse, there's STILL melts on Twitter bleating about how the board let Koeman down with a striker. So what if they fucking did. Look at the money we've invested and the players we've got. We bought the best players from Swansea and Burnley yet they're ahead of us in the table. Speaking of Sigurdsson, he offers absolutely nothing in this system. He might have not made it at Spurs but he is not this bad, the managers number one target all summer and a club record signing yet Koeman has no tactics prepared to get the best or even anything good out of him.

Fans of other clubs as well saying we've had tough fixtures. Fuck off, we've been so poor in all of those games bar Man City away that if we'd played Palace, Swansea, Huddersfield, West Ham and West Brom instead we'd only have a few more points, as evidenced by the fact that a penalty was the only reason we avoided back to back losses against Burnley and Brighton.

This is Everton. Okay we've played last season's top six apart from Liverpool but if we're serious about ever finishing higher than 7th it's not acceptable to come out of those matches with a single point, that coming against ten men. Let's not get started on the European results.

Everton are IN THE RELEGATION ZONE. We're halfway through the first rotation of fixtures and we are, again, IN THE RELEGATION ZONE. This manager has spent £250m on signing his players since taking over just over a year ago. Yes losing Lukaku was a blow but we knew it was coming and we didn't prepare. Losing a striker doesn't excuse conceding 3 against Tottenham and Atalanta, 4 against United, 5 against Arsenal.

Nobody, Everton fan or not, can defend this man. The tactics are shite, the team selections are poor (is that the tenth or eleventh time this season today that he's had to make a tactical change at half time because the starting line-up was shite again?) and none of the players are playing well. I will never whitewash the players who have to take responsibility for what they do on the pitch but when nobody is playing with passion, belief or conviction it comes back to the man in the dugout.

Enough is enough.

• Subscriber

No sympathy with Koeman to be honest. I get you need a bit of an arrogance at a certain level but he's always come across with a very inflated opinion of himself as a manager and I can't really see how it's justified.

Just keep him for one more week I beg xD

As I said earlier, best Arsenal performance in a very, very long time.

They are rightly panned, much like last week, when they produce car crash entertainment. But performances like today should rightly be applauded when they produce five star entertainment.

People gushed over City's dismantling of Stoke last week who were abysmal, Arsenal deserve the same kudos here. That could easily have been a 7 or 8 job for them if it wasn't for an inspired Jordan Pickford.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

No idea how Liverpool get touted as title contenders year on year.

Do we? We’ve had about 2 decent goes at winning the league since 1990.

put a solid defence behind our attacking players and we might be nearly there, but not with what we have now. 

Just now, Aaroncpfc said:

Pretty sure it's only previous players that tout them as title challengers.

Pretty sure it's only when we're looking good around Xmas that anyone should take that shit seriously.

We're fucking shite this year though.

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 28-30th October 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived